Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Hello! I'm also in the market for some new headphones and could use a recommendation. My previous pair which I deeply loved was a set of Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pros, but after many years of use they finally blew out.

Budget: $300
Source: wired 3.5mm jack, usually my laptop but also sometime my phone
Intended use: listening to music while I work
Additionally: over ear design, closed operation

I bought a pair of Beyer Dynamic BT 770 Pros, but the ear cup size is smaller than the Custom One Pros and it hurts my ears so I'm going to return them. I'm looking for a cup size around 65mm or so.

e: Regarding closed vs. open back – I tend to look for closed because I share office space with others and I want the least amount of sound leaking out. My understanding is that locks me pretty solidly in the "closed" category, but if there are any good open back options that don't leak much sound, I'm open to that as well!

kedo fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU