Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hello headphone thread! I've got a request for a very specific use case where I know what I need, but have no idea where to start looking. I work in a jewelry production facility and I'm looking for overear headphones that have noise cancellation qualities but preferably no disposable/removable batteries. Dock recharging is fine but Bluetooth is completely forbidden.

Budget - Like a hundred bucks. I know this is low for a lot of things but actual sound quality is not a huge deal because:

Source - SanDisk Clip Sport full of mp3s, with a lot of hand tool noise and ventilator hum in the background

Intended use case - At my bench, to listen to low quality mp3s and podcasts and to tune out other people talking.

Preferred Headphone features - .
1. I've never owned a pair of overear headphones before
2. I've used and hated earbuds or having anything inside my ears ever. I have a big noggin (and proportional ears) and have no issues with heavy cans
3. Wireless and Bluetooth aren't allowed at the facility because people apparently just use it to talk on the phone they have to keep in their locker. I'd rather not talk at all or hear it.
4. I can live without sound quality. I'm not trying to capture rich warm tones, just listen to [metal/jazz/pop/r&b/voice] that I've already heard a thousand times

Happy to answer any other questions and follow up. Thanks for any advice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Went with the Senn 569s on sale for a hundo. It would have taken me forever to find brands and sort through unnecessary features -- I love this gay dead forum. Thanks y'all!