Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Budget: $75 max
Source: Windows computer
Intended use case : I do some video editing, and by extension audio mixing, but by far the majority of my time is spent gaming, or watching gaming videos because I'm too exhausted to actually play.
Preferred features: Wired, 3.5mm. Over-ear would be nice, but Amazon/Google use the term interchangeably with on-ear and nothing would fit over my giant stupid ears anyway.
Things I liked before: the official PS4 and PS5 headphones. The quality of the sound is almost irrelevant; I just need them to fit so I can keep them on my giant idiot head for a couple hours comfortably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Never got a proper answer here

Budget: $75 max
Source: Windows computer
Intended use case: I do some video editing, and by extension audio mixing, but by far the majority of my time is spent gaming, or watching gaming videos because I'm too exhausted to actually play
Preferred features: Wired, 3.5mm. supra-aural. Comfort; quality of sound is way less important than them fitting comfortably on my head for multiple hours
Things I liked before: the official PS4 and PS5 headphones, wired and wireless both.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Rec me some headphones, please!

Budget: roughly $150
Source: desktop computer, wired, 3.5mm
Intended use case: primarily gaming and watching video, very occasional video/audio editing
Preferred features in rough order of priority
• Comfortable for large head, ~26 inches wide. (NOT optional, I will go outside of budget if needed to ensure this!)
• Usable with glasses.
• Durable enough to survive an occasional three-foot drop onto carpet.
• Cable on the left, to suit the physical constraints of my room, unless Windows 10 has an easy way to reverse stereo I'm not aware of.
• Easily-cleanable surfaces
• Audio at least tolerable

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Thanks for the Beyerdynamic 770 recommendation, and to all who posted.

So, I'm not an audio enthusiast. I need something with more sound isolation and better quality than my monitor, nothing more. DACs and proper audio equipment are entirely out of my league, not to mention budget. I asked the audiophiles precisely because I'm not an audiophile, I was hoping this thread would have a good all-around quick pick and you did!

I've ordered the 770s, I'll report back in a couple days.