Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Are non Bluetooth wireless headphones still a thing? I want a pair of cheapos ($30?) so I can watch TV at night while holding a baby. I'd prefer over the ear, but not opposed to on ear if they fit big ol domes. I've got a Samsung smart TV that is about 9 years old. I do not care about high quality audio, I'll probably watch Seinfeld and regular show and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Interesting. I thought they'd be pretty cheap since Bluetooth has taken over. I have USB ports in the TV, and it'll read mp4, avi, etc off a drive. I assume it won't have the appropriate driver to use my Bluetooth dongle and earbuds though.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Ok right on, thanks yall. I'll probably just use my laptop rather than the TV when I want to watch at night.

Thats interesting about the latency. I didn't realize it was that bad with Bluetooth, but I guess even aside from that you can't have the chance of disconnection or deal with all the pairing bullshit for however many monitors for a touring band.

I was also thinking about getting a set for when I ride my bike on the trainer, but for that I can just get a long patch cord for my iems.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

How do Shokz OpenMove compare to OpenRun? Use case likely entirely cycling outside.

Also, if anyone is interested, REI has Shokz OpenRun for $100 and OpenMove for $55 till March 31 and dividends just came out.