Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

osici posted:

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me. My HyperX Cloud II wired headset has broken after a lot of use and I'm looking for a replacement/upgrade - ideally closed over-ear wireless headphones with a removable mic. I don't need ANC.

This is not at all what you asked but I got a desktop mic and recommend it, maybe just take the plunge and get one of them + some headphones? Testing it my voice sounds quite a bit better, or rather less painful to listen to myself.

I got a Rode NT-USB Mini which is fairly inexpensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I have B&W PX7 S2s and they tick the box for OP's requirements. Very good noise cancelling and they sound great. I got them for 275 CHF so they must be that or less in the US.

Something I like about them vs the Sonys is you can plug them in by USB and they work via their own DAC, I do that when I'm using them with my desktop PC.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Like I mentioned earlier the B&W PX7 S2 are very nice

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I can't really comment on your particular head and ear sizes, just that I have normal head and ears and have no issues. I've only had these S2s a few weeks but have worn them all day for work several times, and did the same with the predecessor PX7s for 5 years, they were also very comfortable.

The music I listen to is pretty much all electronic and they sound great, plenty of bass but it's all very clear. In the B&W app you can tune the bass and treble but mine are standard settings.

I don't have anything negative to say about them, really nice headphones.