Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Had no clue there was a new thread. Was this ever even linked in the old one? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

multiple times, yes lol

I only see once and tbf you'd usually close the old thread as you post a link to the new one.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
fwiw AirPods Pro legit fixed my issue with in-ears. Don’t know how but they did. Apple also have a great return policy and they’re the best chore headphone

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

MarcusSA posted:

This might be a silly question but does anyone have a recommendation for pouches for IEMs? I've got several pairs and I want something to put the drat things in.

Probably overkill, but I use a Peli 1030 Micro Case.

I'd also be down for pouch recommendations for my less expensive ones.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

repiv posted:

can anyone recommend a third party manufacturer of 650/6XX earpads, it seems like sennheiser isn't selling OEM spares anymore

I really like my ZMF suede pads. There was some hype around them when they came out because they were apparently the first third party pads that didn’t royally gently caress up the sound signature of the headphones.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

The Grumbles posted:

They do look nice, and my AirPods Pro 2s have really impressed me. I hear a lot of grousing over the weight of the Max's though. I realise everyone here will have an enormous Goon head, but what's people experience with comfort/weight?

I found them comfortable for hours and the weight wasn't much of an issue.

Once the AirPods Pro 2s came out, I found they surpassed the Max's in noise-cancelling for me and were obviously a lot more portable, so I handed them off to a family member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it's an extremely easy mod if you're at all handy with a soldering iron and a small file. very worth doing.

I am not handy at all and still attempted it… you can guess how that went