Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spiderbot
Oct 21, 2012

Hi thread, I'm looking to replace some Sennheiser HD300 headphones since the cable has worn through. Initially I was looking at around £50, but I'm wondering how much of a difference I would get if I upped it to £100-£150? I've had various different styles and brands in the <£50 bracket over the years (Sennheiser, AKG etc.) and I haven't noticed much difference tbh. In terms of what I am looking for:

Budget: Up to £150?
Source: Android phone
Intended use case: Listening to music in the office
Preferred features:
- Wired, 3.5mm
- Replaceable cable would be nice, as that's what I tend to kill first
- Comfortable for long periods of time
- Would prefer over ear but in ear is fine if it would get me more for the money
- Usual genres: metal, folk, country, classical.
- Performance tastes: I like being able to follow individual instruments through a piece, if that helps describe my preferences!

Thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiderbot
Oct 21, 2012

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

For over ears, the AKG K361 / K371 is the obvious closed back, over ear choice in that price bracket, but you will get a ton more bang for your buck with in ears. My current budget pick is the Artti T10, other great choices are the Simgot EA500LM or EM6L, Kiwi Ears Cadenza, Truthear Zero Red or Hexa, Moondrop May, or Aria 2, Kefine Klanar. In no particular order of price or tuning.

Thanks, this is really helpful! The Artti T10 and the Truthear Zero Red look good, but I really like the style of the 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 - how does that compare? Is there a recommended retailer for these? I'm a bit wary of fakes on Amazon.