Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I wonder, is modmic listed in Windows has a headset or just a mic, as I kind of forgot about it. (Work doesn't allow standalone mics or wireless.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Picked up the moondrop space travels as I wanted a set to keep at work, only listened to them for a bit, but I like how they sound, seemed similar to my bl03, didn't A-B them though.

Case is kinda weird but it's small so wtvr.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Well went to change eartips and one of my BL03s just popped apart, kind of interesting, they still work at least, time to give some super glue a try.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Kitfox88 posted:

Budget - $0-50
Source - Pixel 6a (USB-C connection or wireless, no headphone jack on the phone)
Intended use case - Going on a 12-24 hour Amtrak trip the 30th and don't wanna be bothering other travelers with my bullshit/be bothered by their bullshit
Preferred Headphone features - Uh, I was fine with the earbuds that came with my iphone back when? Having some sort of flexible thing like a rubber sheath or such would be nice though, the earbuds would hurt after a few hours at most.

I'm aware I won't be getting any incredible high end poo poo with this budget, I mostly just don't want to step on a landmind w/r/t build quality or such but I don't recognize any of the names I'm seeing on amazon to know what to avoid.

I'd second the moondrop space travel, even has noise cancellation that works ok. Awesome value for $20, only downside imo is the case is kinda weird.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Pegnose Pete posted:

Eh, HDD space is a non issue for me, and it’s just a fun thing to do. I’m not 100% a stickler for format, but I try to seek out the versions of albums with the best DR, and in some cases that means the SACD. If a normal 16bit CD has the best sounding version of the album to me, I’ll be happy with that.

Man this post just gave me insane what.cd nostalgia (not really sure why just kinda popped up), I used to rip all my CDs to .flac and wtvr the couldn't-really-tell-a-differece .vbr was.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Nah they are not that bad, at least they are built well! But awesome headphones, love mine.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Sorbus posted:

Audeze LCD-X report: sounds good, are heavy but comfortable.

If you like/want to play with EQ they do take it very well, if you were not aware.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

mariooncrack posted:

Anyone have experience with TRN BT20 Pros?

https://www.linsoul.com/products/trn-bt20-pro?variant=44614121619673

Or anything similar in this price range? I would love to add bluetooth to some of my IEMs I have sitting around.

I have the very similar ones from KZ and they work pretty good. As Dr. Fish says nothing fancy but they get the job done.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Dt990 comes to mind, light, comfortable large ear cups, more V shaped sound though.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

life of lemons posted:

I'm looking for a new pair of headphones to use with my pc at home.
I'm old, so I still spend a lot of time on the pc, and the headphones will be used for music and games mainly, with an emphasis on music. They can be wired.

For the last 12 years I've used Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X headphones and I think it's time for a change.
On that model I enjoy the light weight, the large cups / pads that go over the ears but don't seal things in, and I think I prefer the 'open' design so sound can filter in and out a bit.

Things i don't like - they are probably the slightest bit too loose, though this is an intentional design choice. The 'wings', which sit on the top of the head, clip in to the headphones and the connection point is cheap and breakable.

Essentially I'm looking for something similar, but slightly different. Any recommendations?

After looking over at my 990s sitting in my desk for ages, that I've not used (except to AB them once in a while) since I bought an LCD X, I'd let 'em go to a goon for cheap if you want to give them a go. They are the 250 ohm ones however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Yeah it seems most modern PCs (motherboards) have decent enough audio that a DAC isn't needed. I've A/Bd several different motherboards with my D10 and can't tell the difference.(Granted I am a nobody) I only still use it because why not, and the stack looks nice.