Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Any advice for a basshead looking to jack the bass up with my AKG 371's? I'm using peace/eqAPO and have a harman curve thing set for the pair. Which frequency range is ideal to crank up? Should i use the bass booster effects thing instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Zorilla posted:

These headphones are known for being finnicky with sealing properly. Are you sure you're getting the intended amount of bass in the first place?

Yeah, with the brainwavz oval earpads it seals great - positioning them properly can be a bit tricky though.

I'll try going flat with the 80hz, thanks goon above this quote!

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Noooo! I managed to snap the headband on my AKG 371s and now the seal is dogshit :(
My quick fix was to bend some steel wire and wrap it tightly around the spot like a splint with electrical tape, but it's not the best fix - any suggestions on what I could try instead?

Here's where it snapped/bent out of shape:

I don't mind if a proper fix looks ugly (as you can see from my McGyvered bluetooth headphones i cobbled together out of desperation once):

AEMINAL fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 2, 2023

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Picked up a BD 700 PRO X and a Fiio k11 DAC and I couldn't be happier, I swear some songs sound like new with all that clarity

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Anyone else ever toggle their equalizer and think "what have I become" the second you hear zero bass all treble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Why did they remove the capacitive slider to adjust volume on the Nothing Ear headphones? :(

Only v.1 has it and it was amazing. Lost mine the day before they were pulled off shelves for a more expensive less good copy