Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I ended up keeping my Audeze Maxwell set, but only just.

6 weeks into ownership, my opinion hasn't really change: They sound great! Their software features are dogshit. Their input priority makes no sense and in a constant source of frustration. The wireless is impressive for receiving, but is very spotty for sending. I can walk around the house and hear output all the time, but I can't go more then 20ft before I can no longer talk in Discord. Oh, and speaking of Discord: The mic sounds terrible in Discord. I've fiddled with that poo poo so much, and they even have documentation about making it sound better, but hours and hours of messing with it and it's still easily the worst sounding (and most expensive) mic in my collection.

I've resigned to just using my old HyperX Cloud IIs for games where latency matters (GGST, SF6, etc.) and also for games where I have to talk (WoW, Dota) then manually switching back to the Maxwells for everything else.

As a *gaming* headset, the OG HyperX CLoud IIs are just better for less then a 1/3rd the price.

I'm still on the hunt for someone to actually do a Wireless headset right. :(

yep, mostly the same experience

i haven't noticed the mic issues in discord though or the mic range issues. do you use yours in xbox or pc mode?

the mic on mine acts weird in pc mode, but fine on the xbox setting (and also fine on my mac in PC mode). i do notice that it sounds like the mic volume is tuned poorly and clips a lot unless i keep the boom pretty far from my mouth. probably all of this stuff could be fixed with a SW/FW update, but not holding my breath because of how janky it is right now.

overall i'm happy with it because it's a big step up from my hyperx cloud flight, and i'm never going back to a wired PC headset so this is probably as good as it gets for the time being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU