Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I have had a project ive been working on called 'Fat Earth' . I did a sound demo which the IEMs playing into the standard 711 coupler. Have a listen if you like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8QFPPLGtU&t=90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
My IEM company made a new one called Laserpants
The idea behind this one is to make something that has such extreme extension it makes even the most insane audiophile crumble. Mids = 17k!

[edit] this is too extended, fail for a tuning.

redeyes fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 21, 2023

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I was posting just for fun or just to chat about certain tunings. Clearly this is the wrong place. Wont happen again.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

RME is not an audiophile company, they make pro audio gear, so at least it's not exactly a ripoff. That thing has lots of features specific to mastering engineers, and is priced to fit that specific niche. People buying it for home use are wasting immense amounts of money for reasons I can't really fathom but i guess if you're independently wealthy and think they're neat go nuts.

so does the $8 apple dongle tbf

It has some really good EQ features. Also has galvanic isolated USB connection. Nice. Total overkill for most home users, but if you have the bux and want one of, if not the best functionality out of a DAC with no issues of any kind this is a good one.