Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I need some help. My pair of Etymotic Research HF3s that I every day carry are reaching their end (one of the wires poked a hole and the copper is fraying.

I love these things, I got the first ones years ago on the recommendation of a previous thread and honestly can't stand any other IEM that doesn't really go in my freaking ear like these do. I have a malformed left ear so most of the "bud" style IEMs don't fit me.

The HF3s are no longer in stock so I can't replace them, is there a good alternative that includes a microphone? Nothing on the Etymotic seems to indicate they make these anymore. Is there another brand doing the same in ear poo poo that Etymotic is?

Edit: I see some brands that seem cheap like the isotunes that have a similar style. Any of these worth it? I'm okay going to Bluetooth (actually would probably prefer it) but not sure I want to spend more than $120ish.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

njsykora posted:

Not really? I know some of Fiio's IEMs have come with triple flange tips but Etys are such a particular thing that I don't even know of any third party tips like them. I'd say try to find a third party cable for the ER2 that has a mic and get those if you find one. Else you might have to drop the mic requirement.

This thing worth it? https://a.co/d/6ZNJCkI