Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Is there such a thing as a gaming headset that is both foldable and has a retractable mic? For <= $150, bonus points if it has bluetooth.

(Do people talk headsets here, or is it just headphones?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Agreed, these wouldn't be used exclusively for gaming, the bluetooth functionality would be used for trips, it can be nice to have fewer cables e.g. on a plane.

edit: I guess the no-name brands on Amazon have me covered, would rather go with a reputable brand though - https://www.amazon.com/COOSII-Microphone-Conference-Bluetooth-Retractable/dp/B0B76F1YS8

Cicero fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 25, 2023

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

I have sort of utility-oriented question. My setup at my desk has my gaming PC and also a work laptop, for my keyboard and mouse I have a USB switcher, but so far for headphones I've just been manually reconnecting the cable from my gaming headset from one to the other when switching machines.

I'm wondering if there's a good wireless switching solution that I could use with wireless gaming headsets. I guess the ideal would be something that's a) low-latency/decent quality, b) stays 'paired' in some form to both computers so I don't have to manually go through bluetooth or similar settings every time I boot up, and c) can be switched between the two computers by just hitting a physical button on a device.

Is there such a thing?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

wouldn't a wireless headsets dongle work exactly the same if you just add it to the usb switcher hub? not like the system cares, it'll just see the new device and switch to it if that's the usual default.
Good point, I hadn't thought of that. As long as the dongle works okay in terms of automatically connecting when it's "plugged into" a system when switched, and in terms of power, I could do that.