Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

KingKapalone posted:

And wireless headphones can become wired when needed for something like this then?

Some have that feature, sure, but there also exists a device that has a battery and will take a 3.5mm source and convert it to Bluetooth, sending to a pair of paired headphones. There may be some sync considerations though if you are watching media this way..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Picked up the open-back epos h6pro for home office / gaming, they sound great! Kept waiting for a $100 deal like they had last December, got tired of that and rolled the dice on Amazon open box with no regrets.

I also got some M50Xbt2 for the office at work. Never had over the ear wireless before, the convenience is nice there. They sounded flat and strange at first, then I realized Spotify had reset my EQ and quality settings. In fact I was coming here to ask for recommendations on a Windows system-wide EQ app but see now I should use the smartphone app to set it and it'll save to the cans, neat.

Thanks for the discussion in this thread! The last thread recommended a Superlux set that sounded great and lasted nearly a decade, but it was time for an upgrade

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I remember koss as bottom of the barrel, $5-from-a-gas-station headphone for when your good pair broke on a trip 25 years ago. I thought it was a knockoff brand of something for a long time. Now I'm learning they were first to market for stereo music headphones, lmao. And apparently are still cheap, but also good