Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

How do the Galaxy Buds 2 measure up to what's currently popular? I've used a couple of generations of galaxy buds, liked them, lost them do some kind of damage over time. I'm not married to the brand, but I wouldn't mind using something I'm used to. I wanna use them while running and such so if they're worse than previous generations for that I'd like to know.

Are the pros substantially better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I don't have a wireless charger, and I generally like my on-bud controls to be simple if I'm hitting stuff while running, so the FE looks pretty tempting to be honest. Gonna see if other people have input too before I decide, but you've been a lot of help, thanks!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

BeastOfExmoor posted:

If you're running with them then that's even more of a vote for the FE from me. The volume control on the higher end models is nice, but once I get sweaty it sometimes triggers false touches so I have to turn it off while running. The nice flat target on the FE that's easier to hit accurately while running. The only mark against them is that they're not as waterproof as the Buds 2 Pro, but the Buds+ have the same water rating as the FE and I've run thousands of miles in my pair of Buds+ in Seattle weather and never had an issue.

Yeah ended up going with the FE. My city has twice the rainfall of Seattle, but I've used earlier Samsung earbuds in this weather (can't rightly recall what came bundled with stuff before the Galaxy Buds era, but it's been a couple), and it's been fine. Thanks!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Okay, so FE Buds are great, real good fit and everything, but after a couple of days of use I'm suddenly getting a noise like wind blowing in the right earbud when using ANC or ambient sound. Anyone experienced something similar? It's a real bummer.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

wolrah posted:

I had this happen once with the Space Travels, the right bud just started making noises that had a loose correlation to my head movement in ANC or passthrough modes but not in normal mode, it kept doing this for the rest of the day, and then it hasn't since. My assumption is that something like a stray hair or a particle of dust got in one of the mics used for ANC/passthrough and was physically interfering with its operation, then whatever it was came out or got wedged somewhere harmless between then and next time I used them.

I've given it a few days and I reckon the input is compromised in one way or another, but if anything it's just gotten worse. Guess I'm gonna have to contact the shop.