Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Picked up the new flagship sony anc earbuds (WF1000XM5) and find the ANC worse than the Bose QC2 & Airpod Pro 2... and the WF1000XM4?
Not sure why but anc on earbuds seem finicky from a model iteration standpoint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

doing the opposite (switching to the largest L tips) worked out oddly enough

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i haven't had issues with my WH-XM4s but my brother has found the Bose QCs to be the most comfortable :shrug:
Sony and Bose are neck and neck for ANC performance so try both and see which you find easier to wear

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Interesting that they're replacing the QC2 earbuds so soon with a new pair of TWS that look very similar.
Ofc, functionality is a different matter

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

TWS are more prone to connection issues since both buds have to be connected wirelessly but you get the benefit of having the buds charge when you're not using them since they're in the case. I'd often forget to charge my neckband earbuds.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

the sony inzone buds are a surprisingly good set of ANC gaming earbuds

highlight features imo -
1. support for both 2.4/bluetooth
2. decent ANC
3. great battery life (12h/24h on 2.4/bluetooth - and i'm talking the earbuds themselves)
4. good default EQ for gaming

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

man, RF headphones are a blast from the past
had a pair of senheisser RF headphones over a decade ago to use with my TV - it was good for the time and no latency unlike bluetooth but i recall having a lot of signal issues when i walked around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

has the ANC on earbuds surpassed headsets?
took my WH1000XM4 for a vacation after a year in the closet and found its ANC to be worse than the Bose QC ultra earbuds

i've always assumed headsets to do better at noise cancelling but is that not a thing anymore?