Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Welcome to VBS

I’m going to turn on veggietales while I go out for a smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Dear gods don't remind me.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I have not read this entire pamphlet but I did order two dozen leis which I will use to make a bizarre metaphor about religious oppression

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Hey kids, it's not a bunch of trashbags taped together with a fan under it, it's Jonah in the whale!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
well we know you arent jesus reborn. infact you might swim so badly you could be the anti christ

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
We’ve got a special guest today to talk about forgiveness. It’s the preacher you see every Sunday.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
“If you take off the fake beard so help me almighty you will regret it. Now go out there and sing brown eyed girl but the lyrics are now Jesus my pal”

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQcNYb3DydA

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Okay I snorted when the two pictures of identical dogs were put up.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Ummmmmm we doing catholic flavor here or something else? Deciding how many flavorless wafers I need to bring

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Ummmmmm we doing catholic flavor here or something else? Deciding how many flavorless wafers I need to bring

VBS is a baptist/evangelical thing.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

A lot of my friends went to church camp in HS and they encouraged me to go. They weren't religious, it was just a way to meet girls from the other HS in town

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

we're gonna sing michael w smith songs then glue popsicle sticks in the shape of a cross

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
buys a roll of sticky tape, a bunch of wrapping paper, and some flat soda as metaphors for the abstinence lesson

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Southern Cassowary posted:

we're gonna sing michael w smith songs then glue popsicle sticks in the shape of a cross

I'd make godseyes with these and yarn as a kid and throw them like ninja stars

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
*hangs up Jars of Clay and DC Talk posters*

These guys are still hip with the kids these days, right?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I remember in middle school a lot of parents sent their kids to those during the summer and the kids all talked it up big when they got back, but me and my friends were riding bikes down to the river and playing Mortal Kombat II on my friend's SNES at his house and doing trampoline games and then riding to 7Evelen to get slurpees and that kind of poo poo so I kind of felt like they were being conned

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

MrQwerty posted:

*hangs up Jars of Clay and DC Talk posters*

These guys are still hip with the kids these days, right?

Nah man it's all about lincoln brewster and reliant K these days.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Gonna make some dreamcatchers but not call them that cuz that’s heathen. These are prayer enhancers.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

N. Senada posted:

“If you take off the fake beard so help me almighty you will regret it. Now go out there and sing brown eyed girl but the lyrics are now Jesus my pal”

I once heard a guy singing YMCA but with Jesus lyrics at some sort of kids event down the street from my house. Not sure if it was a VBS thing but it was definitely cringe.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Grey Cat posted:

Nah man it's all about lincoln brewster and reliant K these days.

one of the most boring things i've ever been a part of is singing the chorus to our god is an awesome god over and over and loving over

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

God is good

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hail satan.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
God, for the lack of a better term, is an rear end in a top hat.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i don't like jesus but ngl i do like relient k

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Grey Cat posted:

VBS is a baptist/evangelical thing.

Well. You want some flavorless wafers?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
*sits backwards in chair*

but you know who else posted in GBS?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

skooma512 posted:

*sits backwards in chair*

but you know who else posted in GBS?

i got my purity ring so i'm immune to extra-marital sex with boys but recently all I can think about is hot girls haha, the lorb works in mystery ways!

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Hale satin

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Well. You want some flavorless wafers?

Grew up being told Catholics are evil and worship the pope who claims he is god.

We use oyster crackers, guess you ain’t from around here papist.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anyone seen nom epique? I believe he teaches here?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hale seitan

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Southern Cassowary posted:

one of the most boring things i've ever been a part of is singing the chorus to our god is an awesome god over and over and loving over

Alright everybody with me
Our god is an awesome god he reigns
From heaven above with wisdom x50 times

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hey that super nice youth pastor everyone loved is going on a mission trip, gonna replace him with a grumpy guy who responds condescendingly if you ask anything about the Bible. Hope this doesn’t speed anyone’s abandonment of religion.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
I've never been to one, but there is a running joke around here that all of the best somewhat isolated lakefront property is owned by a Bible Camp of some kind.

Growing up in a secular family, everything I heard about them from friend sounded kinda culty but spending a summer jumping off poo poo into the lake was probably pretty fun.

Look up the Malibu Club in BC

Szechwan fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 14, 2023

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Read your bible! :lsd:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
we once received a sermon titled, Who's Your Daddy, as in God is your Father the Creator, but well nobody else saw it that way and the pastor added an extra hour to the next week's sermon to apologize for his faux pas

god i hated chapel. we read a lot of revelations, though, while pretending to listen to the sermons, because what other part of the bible would you expect edgy teenage boys to read

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i grew up catholic but went to jewish day camp for the last few years that i went to camp. like it wasn't specifically jewish but it was mostly jews at camp. was wayyyy better than the waspy princeton camps. i can't imagine going to protestant jesus camp, it must suck.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

more like get molested camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Fur20 posted:

we once received a sermon titled, Who's Your Daddy, as in God is your Father the Creator, but well nobody else saw it that way and the pastor added an extra hour to the next week's sermon to apologize for his faux pas

god i hated chapel. we read a lot of revelations, though, while pretending to listen to the sermons, because what other part of the bible would you expect edgy teenage boys to read

I don't know why this gave me a hosed up flashback. I remember once at church we were given these pamphlets about how we were all the bride of jesus and the art was a bunch of people going to heaven and all their souls being merged into a giant bride at an altar with jesus and it made me cry as a kid.

Sid Vicious posted:

more like get molested camp

awesome joke you have there at the expense of everyone who went through that.