Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: TheSwizzler, STING 64)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...ef303c7ddbcc9f&

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Thanks for watching, everyone! It's been an absolutely insane 10-ish months since I talked to SC64 about doing a small wrestling stream to fill in the gap that IZWF left when it ended just to have a place to hang out with the EXP misfits and it snowballed into something beyond what I even thought was possible.

Behind the scenes this was a full on 24-hour a day operation, with contributors from every corner of the globe. Incredibly talented, creative people who took a big swing on learning and trying new things, and they knocked it out of the park every time. It's my name on the twitch account, but SAW is just as much theirs as it is mine.

Megamissen, tawal, Wiggly Wayne DDS, roxy, Stone Cold 64, KungFuGrip and Hazamuth, the core of the team put in hours that rivaled a full time job to make the show as fun and funny as it was.

We also had a group of contributors who put in their own share of effort, making videos, voice acting, contributing artwork, coming up with story ideas, Snooze Cruise, Namtab, ddinkins, That DICK!, copy, Rags to Liches and your friend sk made our content that much better and added some much-needed variety in style to keep things fresh.

SA Admins and moderators MacheteZombie, Pragmatica, vyelkin, Video Games and Jeffrey of YOSPOS deserve thanks for helping spead the word about the show helping spread the word, providing us with some free advertisements for our PPVs, making announcements and tolerating our occasionally shameless self-promotion.

I want to say thanks for everyone who contributed their own promos, or just kept the thread active, posted, watched, chatted, subscribed, donated. I had enough fun with the project that it was its own reward, but with the monetary contributions we have donated to charity, and the additional payments to staff have been a great way to thank them for everything.

So, what's up with Season 2?

We're currently in the concept art phase for Season 2. WWE2k24's early whale release is March 5th. We'll be creating a new thread in the next couple of weeks, with a new OP. Season 2 will have some great new features:

-Custom signs!
-New matches! (Gauntlet, Special Referee, Casket and more!)
-Actual run-ins during matches!
-New SAWBucks purchasables including keeping your PPV skin

We should also be having some early non-canon creation and exhibition streams in March, with perhaps one Canon Worldwide Special. In late March, I'll be off on vacation a few weeks and back to launch in mid-April.

the SAW Discord will remain active, since it's not just the home of SAW, but EPA Wrestling Club, hosted by Namtab. We'll also be having movie nights and special events during the hiatus.

Thanks again, and goodnight!

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Cthulu Carl posted:

Congrats on the win, Ghosthorse.

I'll never stop doing drugs before matches, though, unless I get a different moveset in SAWson 2.

Give my regards to Assistant.

You fought like hell and kicked my rear end real good for a big chunk of that match, you've made me respect drugs. Maybe those psa's were wrong.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE IN SAW THAT MAKES SAW SAW. THE WHOLE PRODUCTION CREW YOU'RE ALL THE BEST PRODUCTION CREW 4 LIFE. SWIZZLER THANKS FOR KEEPING THIS GOING AND ROXY AND KFG AND TAWAL AND HAZ AND MM AND EVERYONE THAT MAKES THINGS OR RUNS THINGS OR IS ON THE ROSTER. SEASON ONE HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN YOU'RE ALL SO COOL. HERE'S TO SEASON TWO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4J2hj9CiO0

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i loving love SAW

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
SAW is really good. I laughed cry a lot today. People do a good job with stuff.

even if this is the worst day of my life because my friend skull gem is dead

Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
an amazing show to cap an amazing season. super fun to watch the wackiness unfold and looking forward to more wackiness to come!

fake edit: kudos to everyone who spent time and talent to create the SAW experience as well!

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Incredible finale, worthy of the amazing season. Congratulations to everyone who contributed to it, you should be very proud!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
that was some good poo poo.

Unfortunately I can't watch most of the time but when I am able to it's always a blast.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zhsjKt9br3UzrRx4f0AAYpUjN1RPE3Mc
heres all of the ending cards, i dont remember who made each one though

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

TheSwizzler posted:

Thanks for watching, everyone! It's been an absolutely insane 10-ish months since I talked to SC64 about doing a small wrestling stream to fill in the gap that IZWF left when it ended just to have a place to hang out with the EXP misfits and it snowballed into something beyond what I even thought was possible.

Behind the scenes this was a full on 24-hour a day operation, with contributors from every corner of the globe. Incredibly talented, creative people who took a big swing on learning and trying new things, and they knocked it out of the park every time. It's my name on the twitch account, but SAW is just as much theirs as it is mine.

Megamissen, tawal, Wiggly Wayne DDS, roxy, Stone Cold 64, KungFuGrip and Hazamuth, the core of the team put in hours that rivaled a full time job to make the show as fun and funny as it was.

We also had a group of contributors who put in their own share of effort, making videos, voice acting, contributing artwork, coming up with story ideas, Snooze Cruise, Namtab, ddinkins, That DICK!, copy, Rags to Liches and your friend sk made our content that much better and added some much-needed variety in style to keep things fresh.

SA Admins and moderators MacheteZombie, Pragmatica, vyelkin, Video Games and Jeffrey of YOSPOS deserve thanks for helping spead the word about the show helping spread the word, providing us with some free advertisements for our PPVs, making announcements and tolerating our occasionally shameless self-promotion.

I want to say thanks for everyone who contributed their own promos, or just kept the thread active, posted, watched, chatted, subscribed, donated. I had enough fun with the project that it was its own reward, but with the monetary contributions we have donated to charity, and the additional payments to staff have been a great way to thank them for everything.

We're currently in the concept art phase for Season 2. WWE2k24's early whale release is March 5th. We'll be creating a new thread in the next couple of weeks, with a new OP. Season 2 will have some great new features:

-Custom signs!

We should also be having some early non-canon creation and exhibition streams in March, with perhaps one Canon Worldwide Special. In late March, I'll be off on vacation a few weeks and back to launch in mid-April.

the SAW Discord will remain active, since it's not just the home of SAW, but EPA Wrestling Club, hosted by Namtab. We'll also be having movie nights and special events during the hiatus.

:salute:

thanks to everybody for making this so fun.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Snooze Cruise posted:

I have enough saw coins now to resurrect god, don't worry about it

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Snooze Cruise posted:

we can fix this

we can work together to find a way to bring her back

stronger

wiser

shinier

gayer

i will never financially recover from Cube's ruination of my 401k.... or rather, i will never financially recover without the aid of the homosexual skull gem

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

tawal posted:

:salute:

thanks to everybody for making this so fun.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Things didn't end the best for me, but during my time in SAW, I:

- Got my rear end beat. Like, a LOT.
- Won the Larryweight title.
- Lost the Larryweight title.
- Had my drug supply tainted by the gender gas.
- Got my rear end beat trying to engage in a college football-fueled forums war.
- Murdered a First Lady.
- Won the Goon-1 tournament.
- Discovered I should probably learn some more submission moves.

SAWson 1 is over and done. It's in the history books. But when SAWson 2 kicks off, I'll be there, inflicting horrific, drug-fueled, physics-breaking violence on my posting friends.

And I'll finish the story.

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Thank you all so much for making SAW such a joy to come back to every Tuesday and Thursday! I'm waiting with bated breath for the next season. Hope everyone manages to come back to it in April. One more time before our hiatus:

go

get em

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Great season! Had a lot more fun than I expected to, though I expected to be a tag team competitor or jobber, in truth. Just got lucky saying I wanted to do RKOs outta the gate, I guess!

Big thanks to Randy Orton's stats, my partner Kild, and ADTRW as always. ADTRW for life.

Hell probably sucked for the hours I was in it.

You Can Join Something Awful Wrestling Today

Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9pm Eastern on twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Shout out to all the people that popped in, the lurkers and stuff. shout out to the posters that signed up and couldnt make it every stream live and participating for a bit, shout out to everyone that stuck around and did some hard work and had fun with this stuff. and shout out to any new people that wanna join us in the next season!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Just wanna say thank you Swizz and the whole production team. You all did such fantastic and creative work, I hope you all get to enjoy a nice relaxing vacation now.

Also want to thank Namtab for being a good sport and also for letting a bunch of us know about this in the first place.

Also also want to thank everyone else, you made the chat and this thread so much more fun than I could have imagined. I got to meet a bunch of fantastic people from subforums Ive never been to and that on its own has been worth it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SAW is cool and good, thanks for all the hard work folks. Guest refs in 2k24 should be fun :getin:

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

explosivo posted:

SAW is cool and good, thanks for all the hard work folks. Guest refs in 2k24 should be fun :getin:

at last, at long last, in the women's division we can have shinjobi guest ref, and finally get the opportunity-- NAY, THE PRIVILEGE-- to commit countless "accidental" acts of violence upon his person

at last, we will have justice

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh man, i totally fuckin forgot shinjobi hit another woman today lmao. just laid her rear end out, blammo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Megamissen posted:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zhsjKt9br3UzrRx4f0AAYpUjN1RPE3Mc
heres all of the ending cards, i dont remember who made each one though

Learning that both ghosts and Hell are real really hosed me up.

Hope to see you all in the pews on Sunday, though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i aAccidentl7 wwoke up at ninghit. i fell verry sad to hve missed the ived showe with all my bubys bui i hve wathced the progarm. the SA production crew outdid themselves and i'm vey roud of everyo ne. so many increable promo videsos and viedo packages. namtab is poweful, and the main chracter of all of thsi. thank you namtab. hard tawal razor ramon. the entire set of entrances in that tag team tornadi matc. i'll never forgget how much retribtuion and solace my frind the swizzler reeceived today. and how so many weird creautures and symmbols and ghots and stuff were vanquised. DinkCorp. congrats to my good frend dck kid. i couldnt fgure out which one you are but you came thrugh in the end i bbelieve. the saw generation era will live foverer in our herts and in genral if it's not over. i don't know if that is somthing that would change in the future. i shouln't have broguht it up. ccubimscrouose you put on a great match with me hamd i apprecaite you not forcing me to go hhigh in the air. my arm is hurtign a lot and i'm tring to get throgh ths to let you know how much i appriciate you but the post is comng off the rails. i dont' know what's going on. i love you

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Someone should probably check on Cav.

Green Toad
Jan 18, 2024

haha i'm dying, ty for this inclusion

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Cavauro posted:

i aAccidentl7 wwoke up at ninghit. i fell verry sad to hve missed the ived showe with all my bubys bui i hve wathced the progarm. the SA production crew outdid themselves and i'm vey roud of everyo ne. so many increable promo videsos and viedo packages. namtab is poweful, and the main chracter of all of thsi. thank you namtab. hard tawal razor ramon. the entire set of entrances in that tag team tornadi matc. i'll never forgget how much retribtuion and solace my frind the swizzler reeceived today. and how so many weird creautures and symmbols and ghots and stuff were vanquised. DinkCorp. congrats to my good frend dck kid. i couldnt fgure out which one you are but you came thrugh in the end i bbelieve. the saw generation era will live foverer in our herts and in genral if it's not over. i don't know if that is somthing that would change in the future. i shouln't have broguht it up. ccubimscrouose you put on a great match with me hamd i apprecaite you not forcing me to go hhigh in the air. my arm is hurtign a lot and i'm tring to get throgh ths to let you know how much i appriciate you but the post is comng off the rails. i dont' know what's going on. i love you

Rest easy Cav, love ya buddy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zoya posted:

at last, at long last, in the women's division we can have shinjobi guest ref, and finally get the opportunity-- NAY, THE PRIVILEGE-- to commit countless "accidental" acts of violence upon his person

at last, we will have justice

Not my finest hour, but I'll say this. I kinda hoped going to hell would at last balance the ledger for my prior mistakes. Given the...fickle nature of dying here at the end of the season, I would 100% be okay with guest reffing a women's match if it meant I could put some of this poo poo behind me.

I cannot be baby face Lu if this poo poo keeps happening to me

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

I understood all of this perfectly and don't think there's anything wrong

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
But to be clear: beat the fuckin poo poo out of me

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

This was one of the coolest things I've seen come out of the internet. The show was awesome but the group of people was even better. Love you all, see you in season 2.

Edit: also I apologize for brutally burning thetwitchpartner during the stream, I try to bring positive vibes. I think you're all very funny and lovely people.

Jeremor fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 3, 2024

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TheSwizzler posted:

-Custom signs!

:cheerdoge:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

thx roxy!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jeremor posted:

Edit: also I apologize for brutally burning thetwitchpartner during the stream, I try to bring positive vibes. I think you're all very funny and lovely people.

It was a pretty good own on dicky, tbf. it made me laugh really hard.

go cocks

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I hope you all had fun. Stay tuned for season 2 updates. In the mean time enjoy the rest of the EPA

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

*bravely* SAW kicks rear end

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Oh yeah you better bet that Twinky and the Bear will be back for season 2, more glorious than ever before. You might say we have unfinished business in SAW (actually winning a tag team match).

I was sorry to have had to run out the door before the PPV ended, thanks again so very much to all the SAW production team who put on this beautiful broadcast for everyone on the weekly. You can all be very proud of the amazing work that you do!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

neoaxd posted:

*bravely* SAW kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Toad
Jan 18, 2024

Looking forward to Season 2 where Swizzler gets invited to be on Polygon to promote SAW