Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I already posted in the vbs thread but yeah.

Raised without religion. My mom was a Protestant and my dad was a Catholic and there was so much blood from the Catholic side that poisoned them both on religion. My dad's parents didn't even show up to the loving wedding lol.

So yeah we were raised with no religion. Our friends growing up had to go to church and if we stayed over at their house for a sleepover they would ask us to go to Sunday school.

My brother and I thought it was stupid as hell but that kid had the best video games and his mom wrapped around his finger so we would still go sleepover there.

What I learned from Sunday school was that coffee with creamer and sugar in enough quantities tastes similar to golden crisp cereal.

I'm extremely lucky I had basically the perfect parents. Discipline but, it wasn't really needed. Maybe they got lucky too? None of us kids were ever a problem and their focus on learning and reading paid off.

They waited to have kids until they were married for years and had roots and were ready for kids which I'm sure helped out with all of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

redshirt posted:

My Grandparents on my father's side gave up religion because he came from a Catholic family and she came from a Protestant family and both families forbid them from falling in love.

When they did decide to get married, both sides of their religious families made demands so they ignored them all and started from scratch.

Word. Probably the best thing that ever happened to me... Along with having parents that were in education before it became complete poo poo and raised me to love learning, reading, and being a decent human being.

I feel bad for people in Florida.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

redshirt posted:

Congrats on the decent parents.

Very lucky and I know it. Take it Uber being such anyway