Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Legit Businessman posted:

Also, the game is pretty good solo, while you are waiting for schedules to coordinate.

It is a souls-like-light(?) after all.
One of the YouTubers I checked out said it's even harder than remnant 1 if you go hard or extreme difficulty. (He hinted even souls veterans may have more trouble this time around)

After a short while I was able to mostly solo remnant 1 melee on hard but it was still fairly difficult.

I'm hype for 2 I got the ultimate edition

Maybe I'll see you on those discord servers, I didn't know about serious overchill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

reviews are out:

story bad, everything else better than 1, grind can put people off.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Fate Accomplice posted:

reviews are out:

story bad, everything else better than 1, grind can put people off.

A bunch of reviews I've read indicate that the story is good so, as usual....YMMV. Consensus seems to be that the game is a big stride forward from Remnant 1, though, so happy with my big kid preorder.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

VanillaGorilla posted:

A bunch of reviews I've read indicate that the story is good so, as usual....YMMV. Consensus seems to be that the game is a big stride forward from Remnant 1, though, so happy with my big kid preorder.

I too am very excited and I'm miffed my disc won't arrive till mid next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIFd4FxQmcA

unexpectedly, ACG says the soundtrack is the best of 2023 so far

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
excited for this game, the first one scratched an itch i didn't know i had for it so i'm just hoping for more of the same at a minimum

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Also a fun fact that I learned is that the game is running on UE 5.3, so probably the first UE 5 game that I've seen since I don't play Fortnite.

There's apparently a bug on PC with DLSS that is causing performance issues if you don't play on Performance Ultra that is being fixed with a patch (this might contribute to what ACG talks about in his review). Other reviewers indicate that console (specifically Xbox) performance is fine, though (in the performance mode).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The archetypes you can unlock later in the game sound pretty interesting. From one review it sounds like there are at least 2 more but I'd bet there's more than that, I'm sure they'll all be revealed pretty quickly but I'll put them in spoilers just in case. One was described as a summoner type class, called the Witch and the other was an alchemist who could chuck flasks and potions around to "control areas" so I assume aoe damage with CC and governed by charges as a limiter, maybe they'd have buffing potions as well as a sort of support option? Cool either way. Sounds like you unlock them with sidequests, maybe with one per world or something.

The reviews hitting made it a buy for me, GMG had it at a reasonable price. I'll be down to do some multiplayer once I've played a little bit of it probably.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ul3-1hsFds

in case anyone was wondering, this review suggests there are "far beyond 100" potential archetype pairings.

that means at minimum 11 archetypes

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Any word on crossplay?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

^burtle posted:

Any word on crossplay?

officially out.

"we're not looking into it at this time."

which is unfathomable to me in 2023.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hell yeah R2, so hyped. Can't wait to see if there's any busted gear like in the experiment DLC, I have fond memories of just sitting on the face of the DLC's final boss meleeing it to death, unable to be killed.

Fate Accomplice posted:

officially out.

It's very fathomable lol, Sony and Microsoft cert processes haven't changed after all. Devs really need to take a lot of extra steps to try and make it even possible.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Fate Accomplice posted:

officially out.

You can just say you haven't owned a console in 15 years, you know.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

well gently caress

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

VanillaGorilla posted:

Also a fun fact that I learned is that the game is running on UE 5.3, so probably the first UE 5 game that I've seen since I don't play Fortnite.

There's apparently a bug on PC with DLSS that is causing performance issues if you don't play on Performance Ultra that is being fixed with a patch (this might contribute to what ACG talks about in his review). Other reviewers indicate that console (specifically Xbox) performance is fine, though (in the performance mode).

lmao 5.3 isnt even out yet. They cut that branch like a month and a half ago.

As someone who works on unreal games, this is really impressive to me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Looking forward to playing this game, I just got my code from GMG today if anyone preordered from there. Now for the delicate process of peer pressuring my friends into also buying the game :mmmhmm:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You can start pre-loading now!

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Handler / Hunter but which to primary first...

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Gonna be blasting with Gunslinger to start, want to see the game in action before deciding a second archetype.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Ah man, I'm planning on playing it on geforce now cause I'm never sure if my PC can run new games anymore but it's not going to be available to play on that until the proper launch it seems.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Memnaelar posted:

Handler / Hunter but which to primary first...

I forget which, but one of the reviewers mentioned they went Hunter primary first and regretted it; not because it's a bad primary but because without a secondary or co-op the early part was rough.

I never played the first and my primary skill in both Souls games and Rogue-<x> games is getting hit in the face so I'm leaning Medic

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

CapitanGarlic posted:

I forget which, but one of the reviewers mentioned they went Hunter primary first and regretted it; not because it's a bad primary but because without a secondary or co-op the early part was rough.

I never played the first and my primary skill in both Souls games and Rogue-<x> games is getting hit in the face so I'm leaning Medic

I started as 'ex cultist' in 1 since I liked the cowboy looking armor and healing/buffs and debuffing and it was pretty rough solo as a heads up.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

I started as 'ex cultist' in 1 since I liked the cowboy looking armor and healing/buffs and debuffing and it was pretty rough solo as a heads up.

couple days ago I installed remnant 1, went ex-cultist, and the first boss (?) in the sewer absolutely wrecked me over and over.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

The archetypes you can unlock later in the game sound pretty interesting. From one review it sounds like there are at least 2 more but I'd bet there's more than that, I'm sure they'll all be revealed pretty quickly but I'll put them in spoilers just in case.

Yeah, going to request we stay pretty liberal with spoiler tags on content (archetypes/weapons/bosses etc) for a few weeks as it looks like there will be a lot of cool things to discover blind and I’d like to find things organically for awhile.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

this game is going to be functionally impossible to spoiler policy because the order in which you go through the worlds is procedurally generated.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Just put the name of the world in brackets next to the tag.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

RocketRaygun posted:

this game is going to be functionally impossible to spoiler policy because the order in which you go through the worlds is procedurally generated.

No it isn’t. if you find a secret or unusually cool content to encounter blind you can put it in spoiler tags exactly the same as any other game. an example would be the creeper’s peeper event in remnant 1 which has a somewhat non-signposted puzzle and unique reward if you do it right, but isn’t guaranteed to appear in every reisum adventure.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fate Accomplice posted:

couple days ago I installed remnant 1, went ex-cultist, and the first boss (?) in the sewer absolutely wrecked me over and over.

That's normal for any of the classes solo lol. You gotta learn dodge timings and keep your head on a swivel for adds

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i had a good time solo in the first, but there was def a learning curve for the bosses. You really need to stay on top of adds cause otherwise they will overwhelm you super quickly

i also stuck with the default guns for the cultist guy, repeater pistol and coach shotgun, cause they felt so good to use throughout the game. I found a bunch of cool weapons that did weird stuff, but nothing ever felt as effective as putting a bunch of lead accurately downrange

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

To their credit all the weapons had pretty fun niches, some just went harder than others out of the box. There ended up being a lot of build variety though which helped.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fate Accomplice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ul3-1hsFds

in case anyone was wondering, this review suggests there are "far beyond 100" potential archetype pairings.

that means at minimum 11 archetypes

One of the devs discussed that “far beyond 100” potential archetype combinations on reddit and said basically I dunno where they got that number but it’s wrong/too high.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The Devastator in Rem1 was my main squeeze, loved its secondary that just launched chunks of rebar into the enemy.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
I was looking for this thread yesterday - thanks op! Looking forward to release!

I think this will be the first game I've played that uses Unreal 5.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

InventorOfTrees posted:

I was looking for this thread yesterday - thanks op! Looking forward to release!

Hey your inventions are a bunch of assholes

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Captain Oblivious posted:

Hey your inventions are a bunch of assholes

hey man gently caress you

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

We don't take kindly to no TREES round these here parts

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

VanillaGorilla posted:

There's apparently a bug on PC with DLSS that is causing performance issues if you don't play on Performance Ultra that is being fixed with a patch (this might contribute to what ACG talks about in his review).

Any idea if this is coming today before EA?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I’ve been using the lightning rifle (eye of the storm) on my solo save after mostly passing it by on my coop save and it’s incredibly powerful. perfectly accurate, high damage, good magazine/reload, useful high damage altfire.

my coop save was all devastator hour.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I trust Iron Pineapple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIDXkVYz-g

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This game looks cool as hell but heads up that this vid spoils the (incredibly freakin' cool) final boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

deep dish peat moss posted:

This game looks cool as hell but heads up that this vid spoils the (incredibly freakin' cool) final boss

yeah this final boss is fuckin crazy, i went into it expecting to be disappointed like the first game but man :stare: