Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah I saw the IGN review which kind of spoiled some bosses (to be fair, most of them were also shown prerelease) and it looks like they've really upped that ante and tried to make the World ones at least pretty unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Reviewers spoiling the final boss prior to release. You love to see it.

More critical: Can you rename or in any other way customize the dog?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I didn't realize this earlier but the 3-day early access is only for the $70 version of the game, so if you didn't buy that version don't expect to play today :v: I just refunded my preorder when I found out since playing today was the only reason I preordered.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

deep dish peat moss posted:

I didn't realize this earlier but the 3-day early access is only for the $70 version of the game, so if you didn't buy that version don't expect to play today :v: I just refunded my preorder when I found out since playing today was the only reason I preordered.

I think the rest of us knew that because we can read

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm not used to buying games that even have multiple editions so I didn't realize that was a thing after reading the phrase "preorder early access" a few times but it was enough to make me decide to wait a year and pay $15 instead. AAA gaming is weird :kiddo:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

game's unlocked on PSN

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Game is also unlocked on Steam! Have fun folks. :swanlake:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm not used to buying games that even have multiple editions so I didn't realize that was a thing after reading the phrase "preorder early access" a few times but it was enough to make me decide to wait a year and pay $15 instead. AAA gaming is weird :kiddo:

I don't blame you, on PSN the store descriptions between editions have a bunch of copy and pasted feature lists and do directly start with 'Includes Early Access to...' for some armor and archetypes. Though it does list a 7/20 release date for the big preorder and 7/25 for the other editions. Not sure if other storefronts are more clear.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

just as I leave for work....

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

InventorOfTrees posted:

Any idea if this is coming today before EA?

I'm playing on Xbox but PC folks are saying there was an update that added DLSS 3.0 to launch so....probably?

Edit: We are at the very beginning of UE 5 and this poo poo…looks pretty good. It’s not even using that fancy new lighting engine!

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 22, 2023

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Coolness Averted posted:

I don't blame you, on PSN the store descriptions between editions have a bunch of copy and pasted feature lists and do directly start with 'Includes Early Access to...' for some armor and archetypes. Though it does list a 7/20 release date for the big preorder and 7/25 for the other editions. Not sure if other storefronts are more clear.

I saw a twitter post saying "PRE ORDER NOW TO PLAY ON 7/21" and ripped the regular edition on steam without thinking about it. Had to request a refund just to buy the spendie edition. It's no biggie, I'll re-spend the money on steam at some point and I really want to play this :)

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I loved Remnant, especially co-oping the whole thing with my brother. More, better Remnant? Gimme. Not now, unfortunately, need to see my finances. But eventually!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am interested in how this plays solo. I was scared off the first game by talks of it being kind of bullshit with only one person. By all indications it seems like that has been improved amongst other things across the board, but I am still slightly wary.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Unlucky7 posted:

I am interested in how this plays solo. I was scared off the first game by talks of it being kind of bullshit with only one person. By all indications it seems like that has been improved amongst other things across the board, but I am still slightly wary.

So far, much better than the first. You can pick a pet class right away which really smooths out the early game.

And later you can evolve into a straight up zoo build!

This game is really very impressive. Total sleeper hit of the summer (which is saying a lot because this is a huge fuckin’ summer)

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 22, 2023

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Not exactly "sleeper"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I think sleeper as in barely advertised and not on people's radar prior to launch. I know I was surprised it's already coming out.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This is pretty good so far.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are we still fighting trees?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

The Lone Badger posted:

Are we still fighting trees?

Started out with trees in the tutorial, quickly entered Not Leyndell, went out to walk my dog, joined a random co-op session and ended up in a spooky alien ship/planet?

Seems like there is a variety of biomes to go through immediately this time around.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
im stuck at some music (I think) puzzle and can't figure it out :|

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
drat this game is real pretty and it runs like a dream. Several reviews mentioned some PC performance issues but a possible launch patch, I guess the patch is already out?

Also Remnant 1 never really grabbed me but I gave this a shot and glad I did. Enjoying myself a lot so far.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Man the VAs go real hard, they're doing a great job so far. If you have played the first game there's gonna be a lot of NPCs you recognize but it's not necessary to enjoy the story.

Gonna put so many hours in this game lol.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Man I am terrible at this game. Getting curb stomped by these dudes in Yaesha that shoot shells that explode and leave tree rot gas behind.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Remnant 2:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

robot place owns

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

It's seriously awesome how nearly everyone is gonna see something different first!

I can confirm btw that the secrets you can find and the riddles to solve can all be as equally bullshit (with all the hints given to you mind you) as the first game and I love it. Made it through my first dungeon and boss, managed to snag one secret quest item. Stoked to see more!

edit: just so it's completely clear how silly these puzzles are gonna get I needed to go to an entirely different area and find an object in the distance that I then screenshotted so I wasn't running back and forth. Remnant 2 rules

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 22, 2023

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm gonna play part 1 this weekend waiting for the regular launch of 2.
Oh biggest question I have about improvements: Are there old sounding voice options? I was disappointed I could make my dude look like a grizzled old prospector in remnant but he always sounded like a young dude

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Coolness Averted posted:

I'm gonna play part 1 this weekend waiting for the regular launch of 2.
Oh biggest question I have about improvements: Are there old sounding voice options? I was disappointed I could make my dude look like a grizzled old prospector in remnant but he always sounded like a young dude

Yes, there's a couple.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I’m getting extreme ghosting when I move around. What’s usually the setting in PC games that causes this? Because right now the game looks awful in motion for me.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
My friends and I ended up in blackhole necromantic spaceship world as our first, and successfully bumbled into the alt kill condition for the world boss, making the boss WAY harder than normal for our hubris

But we got a black hole gun made of hands so who's to say what's right or wrong

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Played a few hours with my brother and this is everything I hoped it would be. :stoked: it's absolutely great and there have somehow been no bugs, crashes or connection problems even though this is day -3. I was expecting much more of a technical mess at this stage but instead this feels completely ready to ship, although it's not running as well as I'd like on my system compared to how well I've heard it's capable of running. I have a 3080 ti and i7-8700 and am sometimes dropping below 60 fps at 1440p with the graphics on medium and DLSS enabled. Seems like there are some issues they might find in the coming weeks, but I haven't updated my nvidia drivers in a bit so I'll try that.

my campaign started in the bloodborne world which is the one I wanted to see the most. the lore in this world has been extremely cool with some great environment art and NPC encounters. Really loved the voiceless sewing lady who speaks through a choir of children and the arguing council trio, they have some pretty impeccable voice work and I want to see more of them.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

hell yeah (hub world) MUDTOOTH IS BACK BAYBEEE

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
How's the monster spawns and is the geometry better at blocking their attacks in 2? That's a really aggravating thing I forgot about 1. The way monsters will sometimes attack and stunlock you through walls or floors and you can't do anything except die because whoops the rng of what spawned and where while you were moving hosed you.

At least there's no death penalty, because dying to bullshit like that would sting a lot more if itncaused anything other than 'well, rerun the dungeon and collect more scrap'

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Here's some cool losomn secrets we've found so far!

This spooky room full of charred statues has a door that only opens from the other side. on the other side, you can destroy a painting on the floor to reveal a crawlspace to a hidden tunnel that loops around to that door. The tunnel has some kind of hosed up corrupted boss covered in glitchy red particles that dropped "corrupted lumenite" when killed, and it also contained another secret passage that led to a melee weapon.

Pretty straightforward one that I think might actually show up on the map, in the Beatific Palace area you can jump off one of the elevators while it's in motion to get to an area that the elevator rides past. this leads to a checkpoint crystal and there is something that seems pretty important just past it.

In the area called Council Tribunal, you can solve a pretty straightforward puzzle in this room to open a door to another room. In that room, you can do a series of jumps to get up behind the seated figure, where you can find this: It seems like a pretty important quest item for the council trio (haven't checked with them yet), but I also found that it can be exchanged at another NPC for a unique melee weapon.

In the "yharnam streets" style area called Ironborough, there are dark sewer openings at the ground level. I went next to one and a fuckin jumpscare sewer monster grabbed me and pulled me in and I was instantly gone with no way to be revived. To reset to checkpoint faster than running, my coop partner used the Liquid Escape, except instead of respawning at the checkpoint, we respawned in a secret area where the monster had dragged my character. We killed it and got an item that says it unlocks a new archetype. What the gently caress.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I really do like how the game does NOT give a gently caress if you miss out on secret things. Some of these can be kinda obscure too! By the way, for anyone that started in Yaesha, do you know how to get Blood Moon Essence? I found a crafting altar thing that wants it, and I had like one or two in my inventory but I have no idea how I got them. There's a thing in there that costs 15 that seems really interesting and I want it real bad.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

I really do like how the game does NOT give a gently caress if you miss out on secret things. Some of these can be kinda obscure too! By the way, for anyone that started in Yaesha, do you know how to get Blood Moon Essence? I found a crafting altar thing that wants it, and I had like one or two in my inventory but I have no idea how I got them. There's a thing in there that costs 15 that seems really interesting and I want it real bad.

I haven't been able to play yet but apparently there are little flying pink things in certain areas of the zone that you can kill or grab and they give you the thing you're wanting.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

thebardyspoon posted:

I haven't been able to play yet but apparently there are little flying pink things in certain areas of the zone that you can kill or grab and they give you the thing you're wanting.

Oh, those things! Man I didn't even connect the dots, I thought they were just scenery, must've shot a couple by accident.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

You definitely want that thing, just saying.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
I won't get a chance to play this until well after actual release, but I want to ask: is there multiclassing in this? Or am I stuck with what I chose at the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Panderfringe posted:

I won't get a chance to play this until well after actual release, but I want to ask: is there multiclassing in this? Or am I stuck with what I chose at the start.

Skillup pre-release video said you can combine classes later, not sure if you can switch betweens classes at will.