Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
there we go

https://i.imgur.com/zNV3LN2.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Ooooh so that's where the emotes are lol totally missed that! Thanks a ton.

btw, what are the must-have non-archetype traits I should unlock? Already got Barkskin, the AOE and Archetype Summon health ones.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you play multiplayer then the revive speed trait is absolutely essential. you can farm it in ward 13 by just teamkilling and reviving each other over and over.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Siphoner (the lifesteal perk) is nice, and combines well with the Summoner's regen perk to erase small mistakes/chip damage and enhance your longevity between crystals.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just got an update and can't find any information on whatever the hell it was

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

moist turtleneck posted:

Just got an update and can't find any information on whatever the hell it was

Tiny hotfix

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh nice, that summoner bug was brutal

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
After encountering it twice I think the person responsible for the Sunken Witch boss being able to spawn with the Trapper modifier should be thrown in a pit

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

lol I was leveling Summoner and I thought not being able to resummon was intended, especially since consuming your summons would put them back on cooldown.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Seemlar posted:

After encountering it twice I think the person responsible for the Sunken Witch boss being able to spawn with the Trapper modifier should be thrown in a pit

Think that's bad? The Red Prince can also spawn with Trapper.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
the lament is scary as hell
https://i.imgur.com/2ztVqGk.gifv

very upsetting game freeze moment
https://i.imgur.com/FuRh5ZS.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/PjeSYDw.gifv

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Tip for new/inexperienced players - most of the traits you will acquire are suited for utility and defence rather than damage. This means that you can go for even a fairly extreme glass-cannon build and still rely on your passives to help keep you alive. It's why I've had excellent results all-game with my humble Gunslinger/Hunter dakka-wizard.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
jumped into a cool game where this guy must have just gotten the starshot and he refused to stop using it on the eyebot boss where he kept propelling us out of the arena, three times in a row before I bounced

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

kinship on one side, amplitude on the other

which way, western man?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

kinship on one side, amplitude on the other

which way, western man?

Do both, burn the world. :supaburn:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I even double checked and I had kinship on but it didn't matter because the kinetic forces still threw me off the platform

They exploded to death a few times on the way to the boss but I just assumed they were goofing around

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Picked this up on Gamepass because crossplay let me play with xbox friends. I bounced on the first game when it got grindy/spongey but was really enjoying this one. Unlocking Engineer twice to walk someone else through it sucked, but they were happy with their turret so meh. Then The Lament happened and the next time I saw a goddamn code dial in some Yaesha map I ragequit for the night.

Is there some non-Fextra resource for the puzzles/unlocks? Halting multiplayer fun to try to sort through internet misinformation for 30 minutes is... not good.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The lament puzzle is basically going down to the end of the row, looking at the book nearby, finding the color/symbol, and then matching it to the cows that have that on their shroud and using those symbols on the wheel

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I just look solutions up on Youtube, Fextra in general is either extremely incomplete, barren, full of placeholder text or an organizational mess.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Fextra is always dogshit and I don't understand why it still exists.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because they buy out any other game wiki they can.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

My brother and I are co-oping this right now; we're on N'Erud (second world) and while the game's pretty much a step up from the original there are still some niggles. There have been quite a few very rude things like the Cube (kind of a lame puzzle boss even when you know what you're doing), and I don't think either of us have found any armor upgrades from the stuff we start with. I'm on the cusp of getting my Archetype to level 10 so I have some thinking about what to get for my second (I started Hunter). The AR is still awesome from the original and it's saved my rear end numerous times against hordes.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/ht4rZTO.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/TPBqLEa.gifv

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grimthwacker posted:

My brother and I are co-oping this right now; we're on N'Erud (second world) and while the game's pretty much a step up from the original there are still some niggles. There have been quite a few very rude things like the Cube (kind of a lame puzzle boss even when you know what you're doing), and I don't think either of us have found any armor upgrades from the stuff we start with. I'm on the cusp of getting my Archetype to level 10 so I have some thinking about what to get for my second (I started Hunter). The AR is still awesome from the original and it's saved my rear end numerous times against hordes.

Armour is exclusively about sidegrades, not upgrades (and fashion, of course). You trade better protection for a worse dodge-roll, and that's it.

Basically, just find gear you like and wear it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

So we lost our third person last night to the final boss. It's the kind of thing I'd expect to see in a service game during the initial streamer-based difficulty phase except the game has been out for a while. I found out today that my attempt to level up and upgrade my gear for better carrying of people actively hurt us which is extra fun. I don't know why devs continue doing the dumb scaling thing, and I extra don't understand it because there's already difficulty levels. In a game with so many good ideas it's weird that a small number of bad ones just wreck it.

Hopefully I'll be able to cheatengine past it so the two of us can keep doing the non-lovely parts, but if anyone knows some sort of mod/hack/save editor that would negate the scaling it sure would be nice.

Edit: Just decided to reroll and beeline the story. I guess I'll do my upgrading once the final boss is locked in or whatever? No idea why they felt the need to inject this into the game but if you jank around it and carefully manage multiplayer I guess it's something you can work around.

Fuzz posted:

Fextra is always dogshit and I don't understand why it still exists.

It's always been poo poo, but it's usually just poo poo and not literal misinformation on every page. Like you'll have two pages of text that someone actually wrote but it's wrong.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 18, 2023

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
finished losomn on hardcore to get the dran scavenger ring for my dumb co op scrap healing build

took me three tries but I finally made it through with engineer

twice I got instakilled by the magister's tongue attack but my third try gave me the guy with two spears instead

I got really lucky and got a bunch of status effect items and then got the lighthouse dungeon so I could grab the sparkfire shotgun

feels good not having to grab iron, and now it gives me a damage buff and 15% health

https://i.imgur.com/XE2BP6y.gifv

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

regardless of the world level of the final boss, it's still very much a "git gud" fight. It's less ridiculous and gimmicky than first Remnant's final boss at least, and Gunfire has fixed all the bugs related to summoning and companion classes.

If you were the host then yes the world level was scaled to your character, I'm less familiar with how world levels get scaled if you're not the host. All else fails instead of needing to ise chest engine or whatever just do some adventures to help your friends gather crafting mats and scrap to upgrade their weapons to parity with and collect some more accessories and mods.

There isn't much more than doing adventures or beating a higher difficulty for the unlocks after the final boss anyway, that's just the kind of game Remnant 2 is.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Or to put it another way, there's nothing preventing you from getting to the final boss, deciding "yo, gently caress this fight," and restarting the campaign to see the other bosses and dungeons you missed on your first playthrough. Or just switch to doing adventures in general.

That's what I did for R1 and it served me well. This game at least has at least one build that trivializes the final fight so I got to beat it, but i would still have been perfectly happy with the game if that wasn't the case. It's more of a journey than a destination game if you see what I mean.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Mind you, the rest of the game trains you pretty well for Annihilation. Just listen for those audio cues to understand his attack timing and remember that when he does his big, spiralling flight into the air, he's giving you an extremely safe, generous window for healing, picking up ammo, and/or dealing long-ranged damage.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Annihilation is an absolutely fantastic final boss imo

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Annihilation was really frustrating to learn the first time due to all the slightly different attack timings but once you know it, you know it. the fight took me far more tries to win on solo survivor than it did on solo apocalypse. I think I got it on my second try on apocalypse once I saw that it rolled with element resistance and just adjusted my loadout.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

Annihilation is an absolutely fantastic final boss imo

I don't mind the first phase but the second one is such a total visual clusterfuck I can't tell my arse from the boss's giant sword. Thank goodness for turret and summons.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

If you were the host then yes the world level was scaled to your character, I'm less familiar with how world levels get scaled if you're not the host. All else fails instead of needing to ise chest engine or whatever just do some adventures to help your friends gather crafting mats and scrap to upgrade their weapons to parity with and collect some more accessories and mods.

After reading about it more, yeah, it was just never going to be that game. We just liked playing together in a third-person shooter with loot. Figuring out the robot/giant head fight at the end of Yaesha was a blast. We had a lot of fun with the rolling block boss. A lot of the Everything Is A Rollcatch and camera-based difficulty tends to kind of bounce off me and my hundreds of hours playing the later souls games but the people I'm playing with aren't down for that.

From reading it's about 50/50 the scaling from upgrades and the scaling from multiplayer, and while I can avoid the former the latter is the entire reason I'm playing the game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Osmosisch posted:

I don't mind the first phase but the second one is such a total visual clusterfuck I can't tell my arse from the boss's giant sword. Thank goodness for turret and summons.

Phase 2 is what makes it go from being solid to being insanely cool though

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mailer posted:

After reading about it more, yeah, it was just never going to be that game. We just liked playing together in a third-person shooter with loot. Figuring out the robot/giant head fight at the end of Yaesha was a blast. We had a lot of fun with the rolling block boss. A lot of the Everything Is A Rollcatch and camera-based difficulty tends to kind of bounce off me and my hundreds of hours playing the later souls games but the people I'm playing with aren't down for that.

From reading it's about 50/50 the scaling from upgrades and the scaling from multiplayer, and while I can avoid the former the latter is the entire reason I'm playing the game.

I've played semi-regularly in multiplayer and tbh it lets you do a lot of cool build synergies (shadow wizard magic gang REPRESENT) that you can't normally do in solo, but it def adds some chunky HP padding to enemies and that can kind of blow for feeling like you've made an effective build.

I'd say try rolling some adventures and have fun doing the various end bosses of each world, then when y'all have hit +19 or +20 (+9/10 respectively for boss weapons) give the final boss another shot. There's a bunch of fun secrets and side content that you can discover and that is kinda half the fun of the game ngl.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

I'd say try rolling some adventures and have fun doing the various end bosses of each world, then when y'all have hit +19 or +20 (+9/10 respectively for boss weapons) give the final boss another shot. There's a bunch of fun secrets and side content that you can discover and that is kinda half the fun of the game ngl.

Yeah that's what me and the remaining person in the group will be doing. While I don't know the exact formula, internet research seems to indicate the path to upgrading yourself is to ignore the upgrading weapons trap and instead focus on gaming the system via things that don't increase scaling. Since getting new loot and fighting new bosses is actually fun that sounds like a plan.

It still sucks rear end that I basically knocked one person out of ever touching the game again with my dumbass +10 Nightfall and whatever I upgraded my melee/sidearm to. When I think about it I did notice a rather large uptick in difficulty out of nowhere.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mailer posted:

Yeah that's what me and the remaining person in the group will be doing. While I don't know the exact formula, internet research seems to indicate the path to upgrading yourself is to ignore the upgrading weapons trap and instead focus on gaming the system via things that don't increase scaling. Since getting new loot and fighting new bosses is actually fun that sounds like a plan.

It still sucks rear end that I basically knocked one person out of ever touching the game again with my dumbass +10 Nightfall and whatever I upgraded my melee/sidearm to. When I think about it I did notice a rather large uptick in difficulty out of nowhere.

fwiw your archetype levels also contribute significantly to increasing World Level scaling and you can't stop that from happening no matter what. So if you had at two archetypes leveled most of the way that kept getting exp while you played, the weapon upgrades contributed a lot less than you might think.

Sorry you lost the one person, always sucks to hear someone bounce off a game.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any tips for starting out? A lot of these enemies are really kicking my rear end. They're basically stunlocking me to death: an enemy will hit me and I'd be stuck in a reaction animation that let their friends just pummel me to death and that's nothing to say about the bigger enemies with their sweeping attacks and multi-combo patterns. Melee feels really clunky. I don't know if it's just the mace weapon in general (I chose the medic) or what but it feels really off. I jumped into Elden Ring just to make sure it wasn't just me not being used to this kind of combat but no, it feels off. Like the recovery animation takes longer to finish to allow you to move. It's not that much longer but long enough to notice.

Or maybe it's the first area it sent me to (I played and liked the first one and know that the areas you go to can be different each world you seed). Is it set? I got sent to like a castle filled with malnourished enemies using bows and spears, they fly around on ribbon-like rainbow wings. A lot of the narrow corridors make the beefier enemies really annoying to fight, especially ones that can set the entire area on fire. I'm really not feeling the game, am I doing something wrong? Is there an archetype I should have chosen that'd make this a bit more pleasant? I'm playing on the easiest difficulty too.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You really have to take your time at first, the flying ones can be pretending to be statues and so you can shoot them before they reveal themselves and have some built in distance.

Melee is tough without heavy armor and plenty of rings that complement it

A swing here and there is fine but you definitely can't just do melee only at the beginning

I know some people want you to be honorable and only solo it and if that's what you want to do it's fine, but there's also no shame in setting your game to public and play with others to get a good feel for what you can roll past and what might require you to turn tail and run

Oh and it might help to save up the 1500 scrap to get a second class as soon as possible, the challenger or handler will give you a free revive if you set them as the main class and medic as the second for that sweet healing and damage buff

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is that castle area I'm talking about a set beginner location or is it randomized like the first game? I'm not above rerolling the campaign to get an easier starting area. I just mention the melee stuff because if I go full ranged I run out of ammo really fast. The LMG the medic gets feels really weak, the sidearm is a lot better but some enemies seem to take a ton less damage from ranged weapons than melee.