Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNTQuLNL8W8

ITS YAESHA TIME BABY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hell yeah

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'll be starting Remnant 2 this weekend. Any good tips I should know? I'm coming off having finished remnant 1 about a month and a half ago.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Ineffiable posted:

I'll be starting Remnant 2 this weekend. Any good tips I should know? I'm coming off having finished remnant 1 about a month and a half ago.

Look up how to unlock archetypes, you will absolutely not find like half of them otherwise

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Piell posted:

Look up how to unlock archetypes, you will absolutely not find like half of them otherwise

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Noted, I'm a trophy hunter so I'd probably need to get a bunch of them for trophies too.

Is that what the game calls what used to be Traits in remnant 1? I know you'd get a bunch for doing stuff like reviving coop buddy 20 times or something.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Noted, I'm a trophy hunter so I'd probably need to get a bunch of them for trophies too.

Is that what the game calls what used to be Traits in remnant 1? I know you'd get a bunch for doing stuff like reviving coop buddy 20 times or something.

No, Traits still exist. Archetypes are actual character classes that you can mix and match, and which all have their own unique Trait which levels with the equipped Archetype rather than in the usual manner.

Not super hyped for Yaesha - I've always felt it's a tad overexposed - but the new content should still be fun, and this increases the odds that the N'Erud DLC is on its way.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

No, Traits still exist. Archetypes are actual character classes that you can mix and match, and which all have their own unique Trait which levels with the equipped Archetype rather than in the usual manner.

Not super hyped for Yaesha - I've always felt it's a tad overexposed - but the new content should still be fun, and this increases the odds that the N'Erud DLC is on its way.

Ah gotcha, I'll find a guide for it and keep it on my tablet nearby.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only ones I'd recommend looking up is Engineer and Archon. Otherwise imo, don't look anything up. The game is full of secrets and puzzles and is just as much about discovery as it is about shooting things.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

SirSamVimes posted:

The only ones I'd recommend looking up is Engineer and Archon. Otherwise imo, don't look anything up. The game is full of secrets and puzzles and is just as much about discovery as it is about shooting things.

Doubt you'll find the Invader by playing normally, and and Gunslinger is also easily missible

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
My brother and an old friend picked this up

We are having problems with steam deck connecting to PS5 but they both connect fine to me on steam/epic on my desktop.

I wish the aberration event was still ongoing or more frequent because one of them was complaining about how easy the game is and that there is too much running around dead space.

They're handling veteran difficulty at like ilvl 15 handily with barely any gear. I'm going to have to dabble with the next highest difficulty soon if we "beat it"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
YER A WIZARD 'ARRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_5lHb9DORE&t=158s

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Summary: it's an Archetype that's all about Archetype Skills. In addition to having three powerful ones of its own for you to choose from, it also reduces the cool-down and increases the duration of all skills. I guess it works particularly well with other 'caster' Archetypes like the Archon, although my old friend the Gunslinger probably can gain some benefit from it as well.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Haven't played since release, looking forward to seeing how things have changed. I remember the multiplayer feeling a bit delayed if I wasn't hosting though, has that improved at all or was it just me?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Seems like they released a massive dps and mild survivability nerfs across the board. Guess they thought power creep was too much?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

WarpedLichen posted:

Seems like they released a massive dps and mild survivability nerfs across the board. Guess they thought power creep was too much?

To me it seemed like they really wanted to make other builds as good as HUGS (Handler / Gunslinger) so they nerfed HUGS while buffing other archetypes. I feel like this is a really good way to handle nerfs. I remember in Outriders the first patch of the game massively nerfed Tricksters which was my favorite class, and then just after that I never felt like I had as much fun as I did early in the game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Engineer/Handler and Ritualist/Engineer are still my favourite ways to play the game.

New DLC is good, even if Yaesha is my least favourite of the three I'm always happy for more Remnant with more secrets to comb dungeons to find and it just means they're saving the best for last.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Just completed a run of the new DLC. Anyone manage to find the archetype? I felt I was pretty drat thorough but didn't find it.

Some lingering threads I am uncertain of
Curious what happens if you actually "submit to the root" in the abyss instead of picking a fight. Will have to try that next time. Never figured out what to do with that drat bird egg, figured someone back in town might be interested in it but nada. That 1/3 piece of something I found and ended up handing to dwell never had the other 2 pieces show up, wondering if it's a multi-run thing somehow and tied to the archetype? I have to wonder if there's a better ending for poor stone spirit lady. I feel like the cherished fracture implied maybe I could find the missing piece of her so she doesn't come back all hosed up? But hell if I know where.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

skimmed the patch notes and saw buffs to a bunch of the guns I already use the most like the machine pistol? well ok

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Submit to the sands of time

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My beloved plasma cutter had its ammo reserves cut but it still fries dudes so I will keep using it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Obligatum VII posted:

Just completed a run of the new DLC. Anyone manage to find the archetype? I felt I was pretty drat thorough but didn't find it.

Some lingering threads I am uncertain of
Curious what happens if you actually "submit to the root" in the abyss instead of picking a fight. Will have to try that next time. Never figured out what to do with that drat bird egg, figured someone back in town might be interested in it but nada. That 1/3 piece of something I found and ended up handing to dwell never had the other 2 pieces show up, wondering if it's a multi-run thing somehow and tied to the archetype? I have to wonder if there's a better ending for poor stone spirit lady. I feel like the cherished fracture implied maybe I could find the missing piece of her so she doesn't come back all hosed up? But hell if I know where.

Found it (aka looked it up)
Once the staircase is descended, go down to the sand pit next to the armor set. There's a vortex in the sand in a spot with no arrow trap. Stay there for many minutes and you'll get transported to another room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Someone named iambeowolf84 carried me through the Stonewarden bossfight. Thanks internet stranger.