Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Poppers posted:

Gay people weren’t invented yet in 1928. Show some loving respect.
read some stuff by ef benson, and half of his short stories begin with describing that the guy is a bachelor, didn't care to get pinned down with a woman, really likes his hobbies, shares a cabin with a male companion to golf and more etc. in a tortuous way. soft selling the concept of a gay guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Mr Hootington posted:

I'll ask my wife if she wants to peg me while Skrillex is playiny
thats disgusting. please read the eye book to get more normal

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

going to double feature gohatto with merry christmas mr lawrence. skipping the movie oshima made between the two, about a british diplomat getting cucked by a chimpanzee. for now

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

the tonal shift from merry christmas mr lawrence to gohatto was something. cried at the end. then it's like okay, everyone is hyper-focused on this cold blooded twink. time to do a mafia movie type overview of all the major stakeholders in getting up in his business

shinji takeda's eyes are nice

lol everybody watch this this movie rules:

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

gohatto is so badass. psychotic sword faggots ftw
the two bosses have a 15 minute block scheduled into every meeting to discuss an 18 year old and who is loving them. it's like they're moderating a kink group

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

tokin opposition posted:

The vaginasmith looks at you tiredly, and says "I have three off the shelf but if you want a custom job I'll need the metal of the sky-rock that the elves speak of."
*NSFW MOD* Star-Forged Elfin Womanhood
Author: AnnelineGwennithLaFleur (previously TheQuaestor666)
67k downloads

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

People mentioned scifi for an october book, and i'd like to hear some ideas as that sounds interesting. i don't really like scifi but some fag poo poo would spice it up

one candidate: the female man by joanna russ. includes a society of all men who, of course, force fem the least masc guys. and the titular woman-man. the main thing though is the 1970s insane autistic lesbian vibe

quote:

I was born on a farm on Whileaway. When I was five I was sent to a school on South Continent (like
everybody else) and when I turned twelve I rejoined my family. My mother's name was Eva, my other
mother's name Alicia; I am Janet Evason. When I was thirteen I stalked and killed a wolf, alone, on
North Continent above the forty-eighth parallel, using only a rifle. I made a travois for the head and
paws, then abandoned the head, and finally got home with one paw, proof enough (I thought). I've
worked in the mines, on the radio network, on a milk farm, a vegetable farm, and for six weeks as a
librarian after I broke my leg. At thirty I bore Yuriko Janetson; when she was taken away to a school five
years later (and I never saw a child protest so much) I decided to take time off and see if I could find my
family's old home—for they had moved away after I had married and relocated near Mine City in South
Continent. The place was unrecognizable, however; our rural areas are always changing. I could find
nothing but the tripods of the computer beacons everywhere, some strange crops in the fields that I had
never seen before, and a band of wandering children. They were heading North to visit the polar station
and offered to lend me a sleeping bag for the night, but I declined and stayed with the resident family; in
the morning I started home. Since then I have been Safety Officer for the county, that is S & P (Safety
and Peace), a position I have held now for six years. My Stanford-Binet corrected score (in your terms)
is 187, my wife's 205 and my daughter's 193. Yuki goes through the ceiling on the verbal test. I've
supervised the digging of fire trails, delivered babies, fixed machinery, and milked more moo-cows than I
wish I knew existed. But Yuki is crazy about ice-cream. I love my daughter. I love my family (there are
nineteen of us). I love my wife (Vittoria). I've fought four duels. I've killed four times.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Yeah very accurate. Lesley Gore in 1963:

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Good pick. Library Genesis has this book. going to buy it though, loving it already

quote:

There’s a new “performer” out called Tiny Tim. I’d heard quite a few things about him: guy with real long hair, real femmy. But I watched him on TV tonite with Johnney I think he’s beautiful. He’s tall and very thin. His face is sunken in, thick dark eyebrows sparkling eyes, wide mouth lots of teeth. Black hair that curls down his back, it looks dirty and scraggly. He sings in a very high pitched voice holds up and moves his long thin hands and bony fingers for expression. Sometimes he plays the ukulele.

All day thought of Tiny Tim I began to think I loved him or something. He was practically the talk of the school I only talked to one kid who liked him. For the most, everyone found him “revolting” “turned my stomach” “put on.” I stuck up for him. His picture was in Monday’s newspaper but the garbage man took it. So now I’m trying to get hold of one of those papers! I couldn’t stop thinking about him Richard. I wish I had that picture of him.
What a loving freak.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

This was the first trans or AIDS autobiographical work that I've read. i started hrt less than 2 months ago and had a bit of a breakdown as he's so similar to me in some aspects. trans brain and I kinda live in the 70s and 80s a bit. looking in his hollow sad eyes of that early pic- with the girl's hair and the dumb john lennon hat, then in the tux for the drag ball, then the pic of him smiling on the bed in a shirt and tie- it's easy to see how happy he was to just live feeling more complete even after getting AIDS complications. you can see the life in his eyes.

I've always had a real abhorrence for men being men with men/actualizing their maleness stuff for obvious reasons. that 80s-90s men's retreat poo poo with the drums and crap is much maligned, but it was so important to him. like the capstone of his life in terms of transitioning. being a dude who gives a poo poo and can be both confident and vulnerable is hard and it kinda makes sense to me now, even though it's corny as hell.

The quote from the young lou - “See what’s in you and don’t try to put anything else in it" reminded me of the Candy Darling quote "There is one thing I must tell you because I just found it to be a truth . . . You must always be yourself no matter what the price. It is the highest form of morality." Also the 10 ox-herding pictures of Zen practice which is kind of tangential and kind of not.

he really loving deserved better partners but that's life. especially for a lot of trans people. also J must have had a huge dick as every subsequent guy it's like wtf. is that all

the observation that bryan ferry is not a man made me lol as i went through a roxy music/ferry thing for a bit a few months ago. very astute lou

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

I started reading 1918's Autobiography of an Androgyne. full on stunted oral phase gynoid manboy/baby/woman constantly sucking off a bunch of hoodlums and getting robbed and beaten, passed around military barracks like a communal cum rag etc, and trying to intellectualize the poo poo out of it back in silent movie days. It's full of stuff like this:

after being castrated posted:

The operation greatly increased the deleterious effect of fellatio on my health. One indulgence a week was more detrimental than a score a week during my “ low-class fairie ” period. If I had now been as intemperate as then, I believe I would have become violently insane.
https://transreads.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/2022-01-25_61f03c58c4686_autobiographyofanandrogyne.pdf

nice obelisk idiot has issued a correction as of 07:29 on Oct 12, 2023

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Snuff Melange posted:

It's a dire sign when I'm not the most or even second most recent reg date in a thread....bitch!
fags deserve fresh starts to shield them from the atrocious things they have said or done on previous accounts. it's called: personal growth

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

post COVID posted:

hearing that SF has a top catastrophe. too much hole not enough pole.
petitioning the feds to turn golden gate national recreation area into a joint forces military exercise zone to bring in more tops

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Gravid Topiary posted:

yeah it's funny and kind of mean sometimes, it should be stickied again. plus once you post here enough you can say human being anywhere on the forums and mods can't do anything about it (citation needed)
posting with a human being thread sig: don't post in a thread in which i have posted. your soul looks like someone spat out wet chunks of a soft pretzel into a napkin. stupid fag bitch

gbs mod: Got it. Thanks for the heads up, and thanks for being here :).

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

e: Little too much imo.

Any thoughts on next month's book?

nice obelisk idiot has issued a correction as of 20:04 on Oct 27, 2023

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

I am looking forward to it if we pick that but may not read it cover to cover. Butler is of course extremely, extremely right about some things, particularly the notion of enforced and ultimately baseless divisions between interiorities/exteriorities. The book is beginning to show its age, or at least lack of engagement with things like developmental neuroscience. I've seen some strong evidence contrary to certain notions in the book in some studies, and I'd be interested in doing some secondary readings. Also the notion that illusory subject/object distinctions can be fought primarily with parody, drag, etc. is kind of funny. More like: a struggle towards a deep and abiding compassion imo.

nice obelisk idiot has issued a correction as of 08:30 on Oct 28, 2023

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

In that case we should do a different book. it would also spare some local libraries getting copies of gender trouble back that are gnawed on, covered in chocolate smudges etc.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

I just started over the weekend and almost had to stop with the psychiatric abuse and the charm school thing. I'm only in the middle of ch5.

Some disorganized thoughts looking back at ch1: I like the use of 'he-shes' in a non-pejorative collective way, possibly because I don't like 'queer'. The way Jess studies people is intense and humane. I stopped reading to look at pictures of Feinberg. You can see it in Leslie's eyes in many photos. In others there's the eyes that can look on nearly anything, and just look

nice obelisk idiot has issued a correction as of 02:15 on Dec 9, 2023

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Going to watch this gay poo poo shortly. He was in it as a last ditch attempt to gently caress Akihiro Miwa. He failed. The real reason behind the Mishima incident

e: black lizard (1968)

nice obelisk idiot has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Dec 31, 2023

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMO6kNNRor8

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Trans youth care is likely ending as well as participation in school sports once it hits the state senate. Republicans are representing this as stopping youth surgeries which was not happening in the first place.

Also this is coming down the pipeline:

quote:

At the same news conference where he issued the executive order, DeWine also announced a set of administrative rules that would add more barriers to transition-related care for both minors and adults. Those rules would be adopted and enforced by the state Health Department and the Mental Health and Addiction Services Department after a public comment period.

The rules would require that those receiving transition-related care have multidisciplinary teams of health providers, mandate that patients give informed consent before treatment and after having received information about the risks of gender-affirming care and require that patients undergo a period of psychological counseling before they receive hormone therapy or other treatment.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio said in a statement after the House vote that the bill and DeWine’s proposed restrictions on all care, if finalized, “would make Ohio the most restrictive state in the country with respect to evidence-based health care, imposing disastrous burdens on providers untethered from any medical guidelines.”
I was already likely leaving Ohio or at least relocating to inside a city, but the upcoming poo poo made me definitively rule out the latter. Some group suggested writing my representative and holy poo poo lol. Yeah I'll just talk grand wizard cletus down

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i do frank is badass
re sex freak horror movie guys, i've been going to a psychoanalyst who kinda looks like Ted Sorel in from beyond. it kinda weirds me out sometimes.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Cuttlefush posted:

military hardware and queens :dudsmile:
as a kid a friend's dad came into our elementary school to talk about the Navy. i immediately was like WTF. this guy is not a man, there is something going on here. he looks like a guy, acts tough, but it's like there's a pink cloud following him everywhere. nobody else seemed to notice. i was trying to figure out if he was wearing a woman's pantsuit uniform, or if it was like a special campy version of a regular uniform that the village people might wear.

my friend turned out to be trans and in retrospect i think had a heritable intersex condition

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

poppers going after old tradcath butches... plausible?

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

my dad was in the navy. i saw some photos of his navy buddies over christmas and lol.

when reading the lou sullivan book it made me think of how my mom and dad met. "this guy is smoking in a faggy way. i'm gonna go hit on him".

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

thanks poppers. after reading about andrea long chu and looking at andrea long chu I have decided to convert to Islam. maybe iran can find me a nice husband who won't let me look at the internet.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

library services? do you have anything written by a guy who licked his mother's feet in front of company, and when you learn about that his life makes total sense? IDeally something with Ernst Roehm getting insanely horny. :thanks:

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

functional impairments to the forebrain ftw

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

i'm going to watch Querelle in the next couple of days. seems relevant to this thread. it's of course the last movie fassbinder made before dying of being fat and bi (barbiturates and coke). i bought a yearly subscription to The Criterion Channel when it went on sale, because of course i would. but it's also on Tubi https://tubitv.com/movies/100005894/querelle?start=true

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

yeah. i did like the dramatic narration over the two bottoms pacing back and forth unable to figure out what to do. and the bigender boat officer who was played by the Django guy for some reason

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

male prostitutes in france used to be called petit-jesuses, because people with that sort of gender expression were most associated with religion and piety

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

it is okay to share the fact that hitler was trans with cishet people? or is one of those things that's frowned upon in mixed company?

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Klaus Nomi loving ruled
In 1980 a new wave band called Chi-Pig asked Nomi and Joey Arias to perform in Akron OH. they went thrifting

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

i hope that you're well ohtori, inshallah.

LuxuryLarva posted:

"gay clown who died of AIDS"
epitaph found

re nomi. when nobody could hear me, i used to practice singing the rhine maiden parts from wagner's das rheingold in falsetto. i later found out that nomi performed the rhinemaidens collectively in a camp wagner production. same fag affinities.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Poppers posted:

Muh ex is taking T lol
lol. "It Is Happening Again"

Ohtori Akio posted:

16-bit Butt-sex
lol

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Poppers posted:

I think I have brain damage lol
what makes you say that besides the stuff that can be inferred from posting itt?

i definitely do and kinda have to treat myself like a bit of an invalid at times

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Cold showers. no mercy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

my uncle who didn't go on a date for 30+ years is getting married to a right wing fag hag who takes him out to drag shows. happy for her, and him