Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, MMA fans, what's your favorite Holly Holm moment? Select as many as you want!
This poll is closed.
null 10 20.00%
null 7 14.00%
null 9 18.00%
null 9 18.00%
null 7 14.00%
null 8 16.00%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
what a fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Dana running to the judges with a sack of cash

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Hafez shooting as if his life depended on it

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

no idea what's gonna happen on the cards. Could go 29-28 either way or a 28-28 draw.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

That was a hell of a fight

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Maddalena saving his push by the skin of his loving teeth.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
CHRIS LEE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

what the gently caress is that scoring, goddamn

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Woooow, I think Hafez took that, but this isn't the biggest robbery I've ever seen so.. meh

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Jack won imo

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
They need to get him a shock collar and shock the poo poo out of him whenever he tries to guillotine anyone

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

G-Hawk posted:

Jack won imo

Jack has hopefully learned now why we don't cut weight twice in 2 weeks

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I felt like r2 was a coin toss, so yeah.

Don't impale Chris Lee for this one unless he gave r3 to Hafez or w/e his name was.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm normally all over the judges but I think that scoring was perfectly reasonable on both sides. That fight comes down to Maddalena's damage in round 2 vs Hafez's control in round 2 and which you thought made the better case. I gave it to Maddalena, but I see the argument.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

That was a good main event, see you later guys.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I want to see more of Hafez

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mista, Mista Maddalena Mista Della Maddalena
Mista Della Maddalena won't you quit?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

CarlCX posted:

I'm normally all over the judges but I think that scoring was perfectly reasonable on both sides. That fight comes down to Maddalena's damage in round 2 vs Hafez's control in round 2 and which you thought made the better case. I gave it to Maddalena, but I see the argument.

Agree with all of this.

Good fight. I hope bueno silva wins, probably not though

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/UFCNews/status/1680433219848765442?s=20

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CarlCX posted:

exactly how I saw it

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Well now that Sal D'amato have it to Hafez, I know JDM definitely won

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

My eyes have already glazed over.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

get out there, HOLLY HOLM, HUG YOUR OPPONENT AGAINST THE CAGE FOR 25 MINUTES, win some fans

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Bueno

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Wow

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
holy poo poo

hahahahahahahahaha

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

thank you so much, mayra

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Hell yeah lol

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

lmfao holy poo poo

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

:neckbeard:

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

very cool

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Good Silva.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

That should be the last holly holm main

Please

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
Silva by standing guillotine was not on my bingo card.

Give this woman a shot at the beltch

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Bueno Silva/Raquel Pennington is the obvious title fight to make. Bueno Silva/Pena is what the UFC would want. Bueno Silva/Blanchfield is a distressingly plausible thing we might get anyway.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Pena has been out for a year and is injured so she's probably not actually in the picture

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
iron turtle.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

CommonShore posted:

Pena has been out for a year and is injured so she's probably not actually in the picture

Last time I saw Pena was planning on a return in November/December, so if that winds up being true it really just depends on if the UFC thinks she's their marketable choice. I don't think they'd have any problem waiting another few months to fill the void, especially if they decide to put Bueno Silva in rather than Pennington.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

CarlCX posted:

Last time I saw Pena was planning on a return in November/December, so if that winds up being true it really just depends on if the UFC thinks she's their marketable choice. I don't think they'd have any problem waiting another few months to fill the void, especially if they decide to put Bueno Silva in rather than Pennington.

Maybe an eliminator fight to see who fights Bueno Silva for the title if Peña isn’t ready?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holm lost? :lol:

Almost makes me regret not watching the show outside of that one fight. Almost.