Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

Toni Storm is ex of the World Wonder Ring, when's the last time she showed up? :colbert:

Also in that case they have triple the STARDOM wrestlers (Deonna) and a bonus TJPW wrestler (Gisele).
Can't wait for this show and can't wait for the Memphis tapings that I'm gonna attend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Speedball won a future Jr title shot against Hiromu. I know it’d probably mean less of him around but he’s absolutely earned a big run and if it’s not going to be with the world title here a great consolation prize is this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Emergence is Sunday

SANADA vs Jake Something
Josh Alexander and Time Machine (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin and KUSHIDA) vs Moose, Bully Ray, Brian Myers and Lio Rush
Eric Young vs Deaner in a no-DQ match
Eddie Edwards vs Frankie Kazarian in a Back to School match (a no-DQ match in their trainer Killer Kowalski's wrestling school)
Subculture (Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews) defend the tag titles against the Rascalz (Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz)
MK Ultra (Masha Slamovich and Killer Kelly) defend the Knockouts tag titles in a fourway against the Coven (Taylor Wilde and KiLynn King), Death Dollz (Courtney Rush and Jessicka Havok) and the Shawntourage (Gisele Shaw and Savannah Evans)
Kenny King defends the Digital Media title against Johnny Swinger
Trinity Fatu defends the Knockouts title against Deonna Purrazzo

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Better be on at 9 am Eastern

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Power Windows posted:

Better be on at 9 am Eastern

8PM. All In is going to start and air 8hrs earlier

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Emergence is Sunday

SANADA vs Jake Something
Josh Alexander and Time Machine (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin and KUSHIDA) vs Moose, Bully Ray, Brian Myers and Lio Rush
Eric Young vs Deaner in a no-DQ match
Eddie Edwards vs Frankie Kazarian in a Back to School match (a no-DQ match in their trainer Killer Kowalski's wrestling school)
Subculture (Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews) defend the tag titles against the Rascalz (Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz)
MK Ultra (Masha Slamovich and Killer Kelly) defend the Knockouts tag titles in a fourway against the Coven (Taylor Wilde and KiLynn King), Death Dollz (Courtney Rush and Jessicka Havok) and the Shawntourage (Gisele Shaw and Savannah Evans)
Kenny King defends the Digital Media title against Johnny Swinger
Trinity Fatu defends the Knockouts title against Deonna Purrazzo

Trinity/Deonna confirmed main eventing :woop:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Give Joe Hendry and Yuya Uemura everything

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
impact can figure out how to book two womens matches and have one of them main event, yet can't figure out how to not book johnny swinger

some day maybe they'll put all the pieces together

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

im watching this thing and have been rewarded by seeing my boy konnor here, as well as smooth eric young and "deaner" who i until now thought was a fake wrestler

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I have never seen a staple gun to the armpit before, that's up there with 8x10 papercuts

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I love KUSHIDA still wearing the Ultimate X

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

why is kushida wearing a giant red X

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

abraham linksys posted:

why is kushida wearing a giant red X

He won an Ultimate X match for the X Division #1 contendership like two months ago and has continued to wear it like it’s his MITB briefcase.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

a cinematic match that takes place 80% in a wrestling ring is an incredibly poor use of the medium

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lumbermouth posted:

He won an Ultimate X match for the X Division #1 contendership like two months ago and has continued to wear it like it’s his MITB briefcase.

More wrestlers should do this. Whoever wins the Revolution ladder match in AEW carrying the giant Sonic ring.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i feel bad that ive fallen off new japan so like the second match of sanada's championship reign ive seen was that one but hey it was pretty good

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

i feel bad that ive fallen off new japan so like the second match of sanada's championship reign ive seen was that one but hey it was pretty good

They've been pushing him pretty hard, he ran the table in the block stage of the G1, and has his greatest challenge yet soon: Trying to get a good match out of House Of Torture EVIL.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Steve Maclin is back
Jordynne Grace returns at Victory Road
Will Ospreay is going to be at Bound for Glory

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Chris James 2 posted:

Will Ospreay is going to be at Bound for Glory

Give Speedball Direction 2k23

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A meeting was held before the TV tapings, per PWInsider. TL;DR of it:

Massive upgrades to production starting in fall. "State-of-the-art production technology and advances" to the AXS show and future PPVs. They'll be greatly renovating their space at Skyway Studios in Nashville and it's just not logistically feasible to edit and produce from the facility during this; should take a month to put together and a few more weeks after for staff to get used to the upgrade system
Adjustments to the taping schedule to accommodate this, and also their normal production team will be helped by other companies for the set of episodes after Bound for Glory in the meantime
Less wrestlers will be used during that time/after BfG and before January. Nobody's fired, and Anthem will be paying day rate talent for extra days through the rest of the year to help offset missing dates. The full roster will be back together complete by/in January

The schedule:

Oct 26-29 4 shows in England and Scotland
Nov 11 IPWF 80s-style throwback at Santino's school (Battle Arts Academy in Canada)
Nov TBD a collab show in Mexico with AAA
Dec 11 Final Resolution PPV in Canada

In January TBD everyone will be back for Hard to Kill, which for the first time will be at a venue on the Vegas Strip, aka a bigger location than Sam's Town; unknown which at the time, options include MGM Grand Garden Arena, T-Mobile Arena, Allegiant Stadium, and Michelob Ultra/Mandalay Bay Arena

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I can safely say Hard to Kill won’t be at Allegiant Stadium, as much as that would be cool.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Impact is gonna finish the story before Cody.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1696553299502420308
I appreciate the line that Impact have been able to toe with their history of nonsense gimmick matches.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1696627472945557793?s=46

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cool!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume like the Dudley match this is gonna be like when Rock beat Redbeard at Mania a few years ago and she spinning backfists some undercard heel girl and puts a foot on her in 2 minutes.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Gail Kim is also coming back for one last match at Impact 1000. Would love a real passing of the torch moment for both of them with some newer talent.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

AJ Styles' still a bitch for not selling the backfist properly.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

In January TBD everyone will be back for Hard to Kill, which for the first time will be at a venue on the Vegas Strip, aka a bigger location than Sam's Town; unknown which at the time, options include MGM Grand Garden Arena, T-Mobile Arena, Allegiant Stadium, and Michelob Ultra/Mandalay Bay Arena

It's the Palms. So not exactly "the strip" (drat close), but a sensible 2.5k capacity venue which makes sense for them size-wise.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1697280103539962215?s=46

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Stoked for Gisele, she’s absolutely been the MVP of my time watching Impact

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Realistic guess: Medusa
Medium rare: Mercedes but she doesn’t tag in because foot
Moon shot: Dixie

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

If they bring in Winter and have her immediately mind control Angelina Love I will throw money at my television.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Seriously considering making a GDT for Impact 1000.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Edward Mass posted:

:justpost:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Edward Mass posted:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Fourthed. Impact chatting has been fun and I’d rather do it here than on Reddit.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

i would dust off my SA account for this

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
They better bring in Tenay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Victory Road is tomorrow night

Alan Angels issues an open challenge on the preshow
Moose and Brian Myers vs Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey) in a preshow match
Crazzy Steve vs Black Taurus
Josh Alexander vs Steve Maclin
Deonna Purrazzo vs Jordynne Grace
Bully Ray vs PCO in an Anything Goes match
Trinity Fatu defends the Knockouts title against Alisha Edwards
MK Ultra (Masha Slamovich and Killer Kelly) defend the Knockouts tag titles against Gisele Shaw and Savannah Evans
Kenny King defends the Digital Media title against Tommy Dreamer; if Dreamer loses he retires
Lio Rush defends the X title against KUSHIDA
The Rascalz (Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz) defend the tag titles against Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin)

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 8, 2023