Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

J-Ro posted:

Is Alex Windsor all healed up? I'd love to see her tangle up with the Knockouts.

Dreamed it into existence, gently caress yeah!

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1709886158702801384

AAA: Friendship ended with MLW, now Impact is my best friend.

https://twitter.com/luchalibreaaa/status/1709727899215958287

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

J-Ro posted:

AAA: Friendship ended with MLW, now Impact is my best friend.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1709976747297702008
Looks like they also poached Myron Reed from them too.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lumbermouth posted:

Looks like they also poached Myron Reed from them too.

Oh thank loving god finally

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I am today years old when I learned Myron Reed was a Rascal in CZW before Impact signed the others.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Also, I’m glad a promotion north of the border does parejas increíbles on a semi-regular basis.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

I am today years old when I learned Myron Reed was a Rascal in CZW before Impact signed the others.

when pwg started back up post pandemic one of the ideas batted around for the tag titles was to just freebird them to trey miguel and myron reed instead of just vacating them after wentz and dez got signed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Impact Wrestling has officially sold out the 10/21 Bound for Glory PPV in Chicago at Cicero Stadium in advance, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1714008315636973996?s=46

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Global localization!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicero_Stadium

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1714234801194979745?s=20

Not as exciting as Speedball or Alexander, but politics probably played a part in this decision.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Speak for yourself, I am very excited at the possibility of Eddie busting up Ospreay's chest like he did with Frankie.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This is gonna fuckin SLAP
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1715020607048335667

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bound for Glory tomorrow

Traci Brooks, Mike Tenay and Don West are inducted into the Hall of Fame
Will Ospreay vs Speedball Mike Bailey
PCO, Rhino, Moose and Steve Maclin in a fourway Monster's Ball
A 20-person intergender Call Your Shot gauntlet, winner gets a trophy and a title shot of their choosing they must use within a year
MK Ultra (Masha Slamovich and Killer Kelly) defend the Knockouts tag titles against Deonna Purrazzo and Tasha Steelz
The Rascalz (Zachary Wentz and Trey Miguel) defend the tag titles against Bullet Club ABC (Ace Austin and Chris Bey)
Trinity defends the Knockouts title against Mickie James
Chris Sabin defends the X title against KENTA
Alex Shelley defends the world title against Josh Alexander

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh god no don't you dare loving do it

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1715556976829092245

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lol PLEASE YES

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the fans may not be hanging from the rafters but they can hang from the raised basketball hoops

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Guess we're going to need a new thread.

Or rename this one

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1715923570117759180?s=46

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
lol

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

lmao

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

it could be called D'Amore's Wrestling Emporium for all i care if they keep giving me shows like this, TNA never die

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
First words after the reveal is Don West screaming "YOU'VE GOT TO BE FREAKIN KIDDING!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I told you it was TNA.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tna is the cousin of impact

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

also

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Ehh, I'm not mad at it unless they try to bring back Dixie or something. They weren't losing fans, but they weren't gaining them either, except when people tuned in for the 20th anniversary stuff with a bunch of TNA callbacks. There are also several US indies that are approaching Impact's attendance and production values, so they had to do something to keep the #3 spot.

TNA is if nothing else brand recognition, and most fans who might check it out based on name alone probably haven't seen them at their worst, which nowadays you can just handwave as "every promotion had Wrestlecrap and bad creative at some point."

Also now that Steiner Math has become a widespread meme, they can own that part of their history.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think even though it has really stupid history, TNA is a much better "roll off the tongue" thing and I always thought the majority of their logos/branding looked better than the Impact era. Also at least in the US, promotions having 3-letter acronyms feels so much better.

This is gonna be a hot take but I don't think this is a bad move at all.

Also yes, it was TNA when they were the #2 promotion in the States.

Bonk posted:

Ehh, I'm not mad at it unless they try to bring back Dixie or something. They weren't losing fans, but they weren't gaining them either, except when people tuned in for the 20th anniversary stuff with a bunch of TNA callbacks. There are also several US indies that are approaching Impact's attendance and production values, so they had to do something to keep the #3 spot.

TNA is if nothing else brand recognition, and most fans who might check it out based on name alone probably haven't seen them at their worst, which nowadays you can just handwave as "every promotion had Wrestlecrap and bad creative at some point."

Also now that Steiner Math has become a widespread meme, they can own that part of their history.

Bonk posted:

Also this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bonk posted:

They were losing fans before ratings stopped being easily accessible.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
this rules tbh

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
TNA is coming to TNA

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

What's TNA doing in the Impact Zone?!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Did anyone notice it sounds like the shorthand expression that means "Tits and rear end"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

....why? :confused:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Double Quote Jones ovah heah.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

impact is the better name unless all the characters say “totalnonstopaction” in a breathless cadence every time

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

twotal nonstop action

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Agreed completely

They just had another great PPV, full of good decisions/the correct winners

And so many of these shows, including this, have had people hesitant or skip it going in because “at the end of the day they’re always going to be TNA, so something’s gonna go wrong” despite years in a row of that not being the case. So yeah, gently caress it. Like the video said, at some point you have to choose to either run from that or embrace it and redefine it

With enough definitively good years under the banner, TNA won’t be remembered as a bad thing

Just don’t bring back the six sides long-term, since apparently that legit hosed up people’s backs

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
There's been a weird nostalgia for TNA recently, smart of them to try and capitalise on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh yeah speaking of the actual show, BFG developments:

Chris Bey and Ace Austin regained the tag titles, all other champs retained :woop:
Will Ospreay and Speedball Mike Bailey had a match of the year contender. Which was expected the second after the match was announced, tbh
Jordynne Grace won the Call Your Shot gauntlet (which also had appearances from Juventud Guerrera and Sonny Kiss!) and called her shot for a Knockouts title match at Hard to Kill in January. She's the first woman to win the gauntlet; half of the prior winners have successfully called their shot and won a title
Kiss signed with the company, Juvi was just a special appearance
Moose promised to leave Hard to Kill with the world title; he has the Feast or Fired briefcase for a world title shot whenever he wants. Of the 7 people who've held it, Drew Galloway/McIntyre's the only one who ever successfully cashed in and won
PCO won Monster's Ball, which was kinda sweet giving him a big win and spotlight like that even after he said he's moving on after his contract expires in 8 days. Dunno if he's having a match on the taping or if this was his farewell
Traci Brooks, Mike Tenay and Don West were each inducted into the Hall of Fame
And TNA is back :woop: