Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I check the Impact YouTube channel to try to generally keep up with the product and stuff and the comments are wild. They're convinced Impact would be doing better business for WBD than AEW.

Like I fully accept they do their thing these days but drat. Fervor never dies I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lol PLEASE YES

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think even though it has really stupid history, TNA is a much better "roll off the tongue" thing and I always thought the majority of their logos/branding looked better than the Impact era. Also at least in the US, promotions having 3-letter acronyms feels so much better.

This is gonna be a hot take but I don't think this is a bad move at all.

Also yes, it was TNA when they were the #2 promotion in the States.

Bonk posted:

Ehh, I'm not mad at it unless they try to bring back Dixie or something. They weren't losing fans, but they weren't gaining them either, except when people tuned in for the 20th anniversary stuff with a bunch of TNA callbacks. There are also several US indies that are approaching Impact's attendance and production values, so they had to do something to keep the #3 spot.

TNA is if nothing else brand recognition, and most fans who might check it out based on name alone probably haven't seen them at their worst, which nowadays you can just handwave as "every promotion had Wrestlecrap and bad creative at some point."

Also now that Steiner Math has become a widespread meme, they can own that part of their history.

Bonk posted:

Ehh, I'm not mad at it unless they try to bring back Dixie or something. They weren't losing fans, but they weren't gaining them either, except when people tuned in for the 20th anniversary stuff with a bunch of TNA callbacks. There are also several US indies that are approaching Impact's attendance and production values, so they had to do something to keep the #3 spot.

TNA is if nothing else brand recognition, and most fans who might check it out based on name alone probably haven't seen them at their worst, which nowadays you can just handwave as "every promotion had Wrestlecrap and bad creative at some point."

Also now that Steiner Math has become a widespread meme, they can own that part of their history.

Also this