Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elsa Maria
Jun 7, 2013
Lol at the gap around the coach in the shot of all the Spanish team jumping up and down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

And how long did England keep the ball in the corner in the Euro finals? Though agree with your second point.

Keeping the ball in the corner isn't cheating.

But whatever, we fully didn't deserve to win, we weren't good enough.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Spanish FA are going to stick with their coach now he's won, enjoy it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Spain were taking proper corners instead of short corners throughout most of added time. The time wasting was pretty mild.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Thanks Ants posted:

The Spanish FA are going to stick with their coach now he's won, enjoy it

sorry that the english players couldn't stop passing to the players in red coats, old habits die hard and all

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

TheLoneAmigo posted:

Good news, England won the Moral World Cup to go with the Moral Ashes.

Scoring goals isn’t in the spirit of the game, so by that measure England definitely won

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Dell_Zincht posted:

Keeping the ball in the corner isn't cheating.

Its lovely play. And not even the fun kind of lovely where you rip someone’s shirt or kick them in the ankles or whatever. should be ruled as an immediate yellow for unsportsmanlike imo (this will never happen)

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

skasion posted:

Its lovely play. And not even the fun kind of lovely where you rip someone’s shirt or kick them in the ankles or whatever. should be ruled as an immediate yellow for unsportsmanlike imo (this will never happen)

This but passing in triangles forever without doing anything purely to waste time

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
0-1ga Carmona

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

skasion posted:

Please tell me how "keeping possession of the ball" is lovely play?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

mycatscrimes posted:

This but passing in triangles forever without doing anything purely to waste time

:hmmyes:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

skasion posted:

I would agree with you except literally every team does this

England did it from about 75 minutes in the semi final

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dell_Zincht posted:

Fundamental misunderstanding of how football works.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

It’s loving boring lol

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

I do like the gypsy kings blaring in the background when the British commentators are trying to hype up the English team, lol

edit: and now talking about how lucy bronze is such an inspiring player haha

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

skasion posted:

It’s loving boring lol

Please keep telling me how you don't understand the fundamentals of the game

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

skasion posted:

It’s loving boring lol

Much like your posting

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Someone post the triangles post but this time unironically

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

a mostly entertaining tournament and I hope that womens football continues to grow in popularity :)

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

Tell me more about the wonderful fundamentals of cornerball

Elsa Maria
Jun 7, 2013
I know what to expect from the bbc but lol could they wait like half an hour before ignoring the winners to talk about how sad it is for England

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

skasion posted:

Tell me more about the wonderful fundamentals of cornerball

Your team keeps the ball in the corner, then they win, and you don't have to post like a doofus about how it isn't fair.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Glad we're having at least one meltdown from the English today. Thank you for your service, OP.

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

Elsa Maria posted:

I know what to expect from the bbc but lol could they wait like half an hour before ignoring the winners to talk about how sad it is for England

they do show a lot of crying England tho

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
if england want spain to not keep the ball in the corner then they should figure out how to win the ball from spain in the corner

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think we can all agree that the winner was football

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Shiiiit,, Spain was downright active at the end compared to when USA played Brazil and Marta was faking injuries every thirty seconds to the point where she called for a stretcher and then hopped off it once the game resumed. Don’t know what ya’ll are complaining about.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

vyelkin posted:

if england want spain to not keep the ball in the corner then they should figure out how to win the ball from spain in the corner

Spain didn't keep the ball in the corner, they just went down whenever an England player breathed on them

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Waiting to do a big boo when Infantino goes on the stage

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

vyelkin posted:

its too late now i think

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

With Spain beating England on Aussie soil, and only Spanish royalty showing up, here's Australia's new flag.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

CubanMissile posted:

Shiiiit,, Spain was downright active at the end compared to when USA played Brazil and Marta was taking injuries every thirty seconds to the point where she called for a stretcher and then hopped off it once the game resumed. Don’t know what ya’ll are complaining about.

Spain played fun to watch football today so they're good in my book.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I know why, but it’s still loving hilarious that the medals are brought out by flight attendants

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I just love watching the English Boom Bust Cycle every time lol

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I am glad that we are being taught by our English betters that there's a difference between Good, English timewasting and shithousery and Perfidious, Continental timewasting and shithousery.

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

Why trademark the phrase ""beyond greatness", it's so meaningless

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

bald ginger

Elsa Maria
Jun 7, 2013

2Fast2Nutricious posted:

they do show a lot of crying England tho

I'm soppy, I don't like seeing sad sports people except for the men's English rugby team

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
lol, Original Trophy™️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Elsa Maria posted:

I'm soppy, I don't like seeing sad sports people except for the men's English rugby team

But remember when Ronaldo cried in a hallway!