Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

hey nice leaping bat save there mackenzie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

habeasdorkus posted:

They're the Matildas. Only the men are stuck with being the Socceroos.

That's a biiiiig stadium, it's gonna get real loud if Australia scores.

Ah, I know now. Normally I’d pick that kind of thing up from commentary but contract disputes mean I have to watch the Spanish broadcast, which is a lot more exciting but I don’t understand a thing

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
https://twitter.com/puckinghell_/status/1681934589256761345?t=vWWGz52lRbXnNU-dR6SRmw&s=19

Ireland have impressed so far but Sweden looks like they're gonna score fairly soon.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

McCabe v. Raso. Only one will leave alive.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I am 100% signing McCabe when the Football Manager with women's leagues finally releases. Love me physical poo poo-housing defenders.

e: Oh poo poo, and she can play up at left winger? Yeah, 100% certified buy.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jul 20, 2023

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Just let us in on the VAR chatter. Jesus christ.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

habeasdorkus posted:

I am 100% signing McCabe when the Football Manager with women's leagues finally releases. Love me physical poo poo-housing defenders.

She's like 165 cm of pure aggro. I love her.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

tillies looking much the better team so far, if only we could get any semblance of a shot away

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I wanna see a replay of that yellow because it kinda looked like nothing.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Sadly, thassa pen.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
clearest pen ever, come on

slorb
May 14, 2002
McCabe is such a weapon, she reminds me of Kerr in the way she's much stronger than her size would suggest.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

a clattering spill and a pen put in. hosts go a cold one up.

game might get a little more physical now.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

get in

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

slorb posted:

McCabe is such a weapon, she reminds me of Kerr in the way she's much stronger than her size would suggest.

https://twitter.com/Copa90/status/1681983108252327936?s=20

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The refs have been letting the players play in both games so far. Enjoying it, myself.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
ireland not panicking which is good but they gotta generate some counterattack

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Ireland looking a lot better over the last 5-6 minutes.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Ireland getting pressure on but that famous "last pass" just ain't there. Which is a lot to do with the Aussies.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

That is a free kick in a very dangerous area.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Ireland’s corners have been consistently lovely, way too deep and close to the goal mouth

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ace Jameson posted:

Ireland’s corners have been consistently lovely, way too deep and close to the goal mouth

Generally agree, although that almost worked to their advantage on that second-to-last corner

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

drat, that was a good match.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I am here to start the Katrina Gorry fan club

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
very frantic second half, super enjoyable to watch

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
How has Ada Hergerberg been playing? Is the Norwegian media setting her up as a scapegoat if they get dumped out at the group stage?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Eric Cantonese posted:

How has Ada Hergerberg been playing? Is the Norwegian media setting her up as a scapegoat if they get dumped out at the group stage?

Middle of the tree. And no, the blame is being put on the coach and team as a whole at the moment.

quote:

No surprises in the team selection, but the team looks completely paralyzed and terrified. How has Riise's entrance to the match been? Have there been too many messages, so that they know how to play freely? New Zealand has no issues playing through the team. Many players perform below par. Big pressure and opening game, yes, but Riise should get a lot more out of this team.

quote:

Will the Norwegian team now fall too far behind against nations they are usually supposed to control the games against? And by extension: Does Hege Riise's system make it more difficult in the national team for the offensive stars?

Because where are they? Where is Graham Hansen? Hegerberg? Reiten? There's no telling how enamored international experts are with these three. Both The Guardian and The Athletic refer to Norway's offensive power as one of the very, very best in the tournament, but now that force needs to appear soon.

The trio dominates in leagues in major nations, but was barely seen in the World Cup opener. They surely feel a little of the same as Martin Ødegaard and Erling Braut Haaland do. Life on the national team is something completely different from life on the club team.

There are no top players no matter where they turn, there are not the same passes, the same runs, the same help behind them. Here, they have to do the work themselves, and that transition is unlikely to be easy.

quote:

- Look at the body language of the Norwegian players, that they constantly expect someone else to cover that space. If everyone does that, no one ends up picking up those players, and that's what's happening now. No one takes responsibility in decisive situations [...]

Grimson fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 20, 2023

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Eau de MacGowan posted:

lmao why is the ref miced up this isnt the nhl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=josEPIBNhEw

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lfg canada do better than the men

Low bar to clear i know

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
:canada:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So...is this game hell to watch for most colorblind folks?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

whypick1 posted:

So...is this game hell to watch for most colorblind folks?

it's not too bad for me at least because the Nigerian kits are light and the Canadian kits are dark

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

did fox just switch to a different feed/commentary team during that canadian corner?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Canada's kit looks sharp

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Nigeria opening up the game a bit now

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

vyelkin posted:

it's not too bad for me at least because the Nigerian kits are light and the Canadian kits are dark

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

ngl, surprised there's even one color blind person in this thread, let alone two.

Did the FOX feed die for anyone else? n/m, my tuner was being stupid

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 21, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

lol that's such a penalty

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Thassa pen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

How was that not called on the field?!