Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Christine Sinclair, the 17th greatest women's footballer of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

All of the Nike kits are bad and boring. The US kit is bad, boring, and ugly.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Grimson posted:

The assistant coach for the Norwegian team handed out homework for each national team player at the end of last year and asked them to practice taking penalties. Between the first and second national team camps they were asked to practice taking three penalties five times a week, and then after the second camp they were asked to refine them a bit and do one penalty three times a week. They've also hired one of the best penalty researchers in the world, Geir Jordet, to help with the mental aspect and they held a penalty shootout contest against Portugal in the last friendly before the game on Thursday and won 4-2.

Sounds like a recipe for a hilarious collapse when it actually matters. Very English.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Two bad teams

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Atlanta Primus, early front runner for name of the tournament

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

Khadija Shaw throws a scimitar glancing off a wall deflected with gloves splayed by Pauline Peyraud-Magnin

:chloe:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

i dunno sometimes i hear a strike like scythe but it curved a little like a hitman or a prince of persia game. scimitars are sharp and curved.

Ok

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

maybe the navy blue was too dark to contrast well against the Jamaican kits

Their other shirt is white

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Erin go Bragh or whatever, gently caress the Canucks

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Really putting the poo in poutine

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

stab posted:

I guess nows a good time to mention that Canada has i think 1 goal from open play in their 8 last competitive matches

At least Sinclair is on the bench so they don't have to play around her parking cone-like presence in the middle of the park like they did in the first match.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'd fake an injury too if I had the 20 minutes the Canada keeper has had

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Whoa, I had no idea Owen Goal was eligible for the Women's World Cup

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

stab posted:

Lol are they playing Sinclair as a striker

Maybe they're hoping a cross will deflect in off her rear end or something while she's standing totally still in the middle of the park

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Boooooooooooooooooo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

almost there christine, you'll get it someday

Retirement?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

a real chump posted:

Shaping up to be a barn burner this one

More like a bra burner, amirite

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Maybe they're hoping a cross will deflect in off her rear end or something while she's standing totally still in the middle of the park

Update: This didn't work

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The shots from distance in this match have been insanely bad. Every one just floated 5 yards over the bar

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

a real chump posted:

I stand by my theory that the ball sux and is a balloon

Maybe they didn't calibrate it for the difference in gravity in the Southern Hemisphere.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

In all fairness, I've played with the WWC ball and it is very "light". It is not, however, any lighter or more balloon-like than any of the past couple Adidas World Cup balls. We don't talk about the Teamgeist or Jabulani.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Erin go Bragh Home

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

More like Shedead O'Connor

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Wellington, Poo Peeland

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That was a pretty bad tackle lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Megamissen posted:

nigerians speak english

hosed up if true.

TDepressionEarl posted:

language map of africa is a mess Nigeria was an English colony surrounded by French colonies

loving gently caress i forgot material conditions of course each slaver kingdom had a slave port along the western coast as well as vicky's cape

waiting for someone to correct me that Nigeria is english speaking, but my theory is that posters are so irony poisoned they can't stand pedantry

misinformation is merely bait to engage. perfidious quotebaiter.

Do you read posts or is it just diarrhea flowing from your fingers continuously?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

the latter. i suck. i'd rather lurk. give elsa maria my av.

Nobody wants you to stop posting, just a little less mania lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thassa paddlin'

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lol, that might be another pen

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

China's tactic of taking the ball to the corner for the last 15 minutes has proven surprisingly effective so far.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Shitaly

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Grimson posted:

Everyone's going to have cramps with like 15 minutes to go at this pace.

You think they can all sync up that quickly?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sinclair starting lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I hope this gets better the first six minutes have been shocking

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

VAR is good!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Show me the lines, naked eye and camera angle made that look a couple yards offside

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Grimson posted:

I'd be ok with Canada going out if it means Nigeria goes through.

Yes, this is the scenario we’re all hoping for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The lines don’t lie