Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Ah yes the "too high" phase of the Beatles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Helter Skelter by Crue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v__1UigsCU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
The thing is though Helter skelter was like a big deal at the time when it came out. I heard of some interview with one of the Beatles (probably Paul) and they said they wanted to rock harder than... i think it was the rolling stones? Sorry i am not good at remembering quotes but my point is it was harder than other stuff at the time.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

John Lennon beat the poo poo out of his wife on the reg but I can personally guarantee that not one member of Motley Crue has even thought about committing spousal abuse

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dixville posted:

The thing is though Helter skelter was like a big deal at the time when it came out. I heard of some interview with one of the Beatles (probably Paul) and they said they wanted to rock harder than... i think it was the rolling stones? Sorry i am not good at remembering quotes but my point is it was harder than other stuff at the time.

It was a big deal. Maybe the first "metal" song, and/or the inspiration for the metal sound.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

John Lennon beat the poo poo out of his wife on the reg but I can personally guarantee that not one member of Motley Crue has even thought about committing spousal abuse

I only know Love from Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

redshirt posted:

I only know Love from Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee

There are things in this world that are sacred, and Pam/Tommy is one of those things. Girls, girls, girls.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Also you see the cock on that guy?!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The Beatles were a good enough band. They changed a lot of the music industry landscape and paved the way for a lot of people. Even in regard to playing your own songs that was a huge step forward.

The music itself is pretty good. I like songs like Come Together, because it doesn't really mean anything so I don't have to deal with them trying to put pretentious each other lyrically (Paul and John obv).

I also wish people would stop wanking themselves to death over them. Especially in music and audio engineering circles, you see people going "OOH A NEVE/API PREAMP LIKE THE BEATLES USED" yeah buddy, it ain't gonna make you the loving Beatles, it's just a friggin thing. Get over it.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Imagine Paul McCartney hanging dong against ya boy Tommy Lee smdh

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I saw Tommy Lee at Ozfest once and he sucked so much he threatened to call Ozzy on us

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

lol Imagine Ringo drumming upside down.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

catcher in the rye

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I was kinda thinking in the opposite way because Rubber Soul and Revolver are THE Beatles albums for people with Music Opinions right now. So I'll say Let It Be. Billy Preston and Ringo carry it and George can actually kinda play guitar a bit by then. There are some definite skips on there though like Let It Be/The Long and Winding Road

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’ll just keep listening to the B side of Abbey Road.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted:

catcher in the rye

people think I'm older than I am because I have a bit of grey in my hair

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

redshirt posted:

lol Imagine Ringo drumming upside down.

Pete Best could rock that poo poo guaranteed

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

simply having a wonderful christmas time :smug:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

nah, gotta settle it with a gape contest, and the beatles are sending john

NSFW

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

NSFW

if you look at the other side you can see John Lennon's dick

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Why the long crack John?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bip Roberts posted:

Why the long crack John?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Bad Purchase posted:

NSFW

The average crack length works. That's how you know they are a good couple.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

drat, TIL about long and short butt crack.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Bad Purchase posted:

NSFW

We need to see Sean Lennon's asscrack to see if it's normal

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's a photoshop, not real, but one for the ages

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Freaking AI

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

nice obelisk idiot posted:

I was kinda thinking in the opposite way because Rubber Soul and Revolver are THE Beatles albums for people with Music Opinions right now. So I'll say Let It Be. Billy Preston and Ringo carry it and George can actually kinda play guitar a bit by then. There are some definite skips on there though like Let It Be/The Long and Winding Road

I'm still gonna back up Rubber Soul as my fave, and just enjoy the recognition it's getting now. It's a nice halfway point in the evolution between their early and later work.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Freaking AI

don't blame me. I'm just regurgitating what you people say

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

don't blame me. I'm just regurgitating what you people say

lol don't quote me man I'm a total poser.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

RavenousScoot posted:

I'm still gonna back up Rubber Soul as my fave, and just enjoy the recognition it's getting now. It's a nice halfway point in the evolution between their early and later work.
Yeah You Won't See Me is my favorite Beatles song by a mile

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Yeah You Won't See Me is my favorite Beatles song by a mile

Happiness is a warm gun

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

lol don't quote me man I'm a total poser.

can't help it my man. You are in the system now

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Happiness is a warm gun

Oh. Good quote!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I own several versions of Rubber Soul on different formats including 8-track. I don’t even own an 8-track player, but it’s cool to have the tape. I’ve even got a rare Canadian CD that mistakenly had the original 1965 stereo mixes on it instead of the 1987 digital mixes George Martin did when The Beatles first appeared on CD. I prefer listening to the album in mono, but I couldn’t pass up the original stereo mixes,

I remember listening to my dad’s original mono copy of the Capitol version of Rubber Soul on record and really enjoying it. I prefer the American “folk” version of the album, but I can see what people see in the UK version. It’s my favorite album of theirs, if you couldn’t tell.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

wa27 posted:

It's Magical Mystery Tour

This was the right answer and I don’t know why the thread is still open

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Crue should have ended their career after this album, whole thing fuckin slaps

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Iistened, Beatles version is better

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

"Get the Knack" is not an underated album. It's also not a Beatles album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I wonder what that smells like.