Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That's hard to say

Like, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper's Abbey Road have all been acclaimed about as much as possible

The White Album is about 1 really solid album worth of material

So maybe Let It Be? I dunno. Help! is also so solid front to back too. So it's probably Help or Let It Be.

edit: God drat The Beatles are so loving good

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

What's your definition of "underrated"?

Help and Let it Be, while good, are most definitely not as good as any of the others you mention.

Exactly that? The others are all basically flawless and about as acclaimed as it gets, so the only other options are Help! and Let It Be.

Cosmik Debris posted:

I know very little about rush, I know people like them a lot but I wasnt knocking any other drummers. The Beatles were around like 15 years before rush, so like an entire generation of drummers were influenced by Ringo Starr before rush came around. So I think the point still stands.

There weren't too terribly many standout rock drummers in the early sixties. Ringo Starr and Charlie watts, and I guess like mick avory were kinda it except for jazz drummers which played very differently imo. Late 60s there was a glut of good drummers though.

Ringo, like all drummers, gets full credit for simply showing up on time, sober, and not quitting the band within 2 weeks.

Also poo poo like Come Together and The End are actually drumming genius.