Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hmm, sort of problematic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

im glad cinci is dead

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Oneiros posted:

it was pretty funny having the special ed teacher overseeing the glenn thread

lol it really was perfect imo

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

vyelkin posted:

cinci wanted to permaban hf for this and I had to tediously explain the concept of a joke in the mod forum to prevent it

loving lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

who's gonna start the sad thread to get the ball rolling? our 'tax dollars are still paying his salary.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

cinci wanted to permaban hf for this and I had to tediously explain the concept of a joke in the mod forum to prevent it

lmao

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Wonder how Lightning Knight's book is doing. Also, I miss NHD's education policy posts, those were cool.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Probably Magic posted:

Wonder how Lightning Knight's book is doing. Also, I miss NHD's education policy posts, those were cool.

Who cares. He sucked

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

the annual Apple event thread in yospos will never be the same with cici gone :rip:

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
taking down a mod should at the very least entitle you to their av should you choose it.

and leave em with a red text saying something like "this av belongs to x now"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

fanfic insert posted:

taking down a mod should at the very least entitle you to their av should you choose it.

I'm sure it's only a short delay more before I receive Fritz's red star, to which I'm entitled

speng31b
May 8, 2010

fanfic insert posted:

Lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
tld made a big list of really good suggestions in the tech forum a month or five ago and it included some bounties like that i think

i cant find it for the life of me anymiore

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lib and let die posted:

You're welcome

Vyelkin give me his star

like 2 or 3 times in yospos now ive seen people talk about cincis departure and try to blame it on the qcs mob or something and each time ive explained that the real reason was because he doxxed you and then defended the doxxing because you were ruining d&d or something so you deserved it. anyway everyone over there ignores it and pretends that didn’t happen lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

fart simpson posted:

like 2 or 3 times in yospos now ive seen people talk about cincis departure and try to blame it on the qcs mob or something and each time ive explained that the real reason was because he doxxed you and then defended the doxxing because you were ruining d&d or something so you deserved it. anyway everyone over there ignores it and pretends that didn’t happen lol

he didnt doxx LALD, he outed a rereg after LALD already got doxxed. basically it boils down to fritz's fuckup because he told some of the mods who LALD's rereg was even though he knew the reason he rereg'd was to avoid being outed after the doxxing. CZS shouldn't have even known who the alt was. Alt checks for doxxed users are supposed to be admin-only stuff.

granted after a certain point they could have figured it out from LALD's post style alone, but at the point the outing happened he had made like 2 posts none of which were identifiable, so it was probably based on fritz outing the alt to all the mods.

The whole thing was a debacle and it was really funny how salty some of the D&D mods were about it on discord afterwards too, big "qcs crew is at it again" energy when in reality it was fail moderation.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

speng31b posted:

he didnt doxx LALD, he outed a rereg after LALD already got doxxed. basically it boils down to fritz's fuckup because he told some of the mods who LALD's rereg was even though he knew the reason he rereg'd was to avoid being outed after the doxxing. CZS shouldn't have even known who the alt was. Alt checks for doxxed users are supposed to be admin-only stuff.

granted after a certain point they could have figured it out from LALD's post style alone, but at the point the outing happened he had made like 2 posts none of which were identifiable, so it was probably based on fritz outing the alt to all the mods.

The whole thing was a debacle and it was really funny how salty some of the D&D mods were about it on discord afterwards too, big "qcs crew is at it again" energy when in reality it was fail moderation.

cinci said he knew lald had been doxxed and came back on a new account, and outed the new account as lald like instantly. im calling that secondary doxxing

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

malicious accessory to doxxing

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 93 days!
its fun to dox. people shouldnt be so uptight

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

if you can guess a rereg they should give you powers

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 93 days!

mawarannahr posted:

this

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

if you can guess it honestly you should get the power to change their username

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
Wish I could find that thread... Tld had all these

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mawarannahr posted:

72123 is a rereg

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
so is 72023 71923 and 71823

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al! posted:

72123 is a rereg
you have to guess their past username

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Al! posted:

so is 72023 71923 and 71823

alright what kinda powers do you want? we got levitation, "puissancy", uh ... box of candy bars

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

aw frig aw dang it posted:

alright what kinda powers do you want? we got levitation, "puissancy", uh ... box of candy bars

2 cupcakes + a candy bar bundle

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Al! posted:

72123 is a rereg

prove it :colbert:

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

I'm on the d&d discord. Please don't make fun of this post

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Giving the horse a red star was a really bad decision even by the standards of this site.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Eason the Fifth posted:

The NHD/Larry Parrish dynamic was the best buddy comedy in SA history imo

Larry described NHD as reminding him of his elementary school teacher without knowing that NHD teaches mentally disabled children for a living lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Fortaleza posted:

Larry described NHD as reminding him of his elementary school teacher without knowing that NHD teaches mentally disabled children for a living lol

lol yeah

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
NHD was cool

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tony Tone posted:

Special ed teachers over time tend to become these insufferable patronizing assholes when they spend 8-10 hours a day dealing with special kids and their "work" personality start to seep into their actual personality and then they start treating equal adults with the same patronizing attitude. Doesnt help that it's hard but generally honest work, and then you get that holier than thou poo poo on top of it because they're obviously such a good and kind person.

He PMd me once quoting my "concerning" posts in the climate thread writing like 5 paragraphs to tell me to get help. Told him to never contact me again

NHD proven right now tony is permabanned

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

free him and give him nhd's star

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
I think nhd did get a little condescending for a bit, using the "I'm gonna talk to fellow adults like they're children" voice, I wanna say like a year ago? I noticed it in any case, and I saw some people call him out on it... well I think after that he got a lot better about not talking to people that way and my impression of him improved a lot and I think he was probably a pretty good, chill dude. if hes having like mental health problems from being on SA I hope that hes doing better since leaving. I don't remember if I knew that he was a Special Ed teacher before. thats gotta be something to be proud of, right? doing a thankless, difficult, socially useful job like that? well, I don't know. he could be terrible at it. he could be a piece of poo poo who mistreats his students. you never know. you really never know.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tony Tone posted:

Special ed teachers over time tend to become these insufferable patronizing assholes when they spend 8-10 hours a day dealing with special kids and their "work" personality start to seep into their actual personality and then they start treating equal adults with the same patronizing attitude. Doesnt help that it's hard but generally honest work, and then you get that holier than thou poo poo on top of it because they're obviously such a good and kind person.

He PMd me once quoting my "concerning" posts in the climate thread writing like 5 paragraphs to tell me to get help. Told him to never contact me again

lol

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I miss him, hope he finds his way home someday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

he's right