Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i refuse to let woke light reach my eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've still got an incandescent bulb in one ancient lamp that refuses to light cfl or led bulbs for some reason. it also has about the thinnest A/C power cord i've ever seen, a 2 prong connector that sits loose from the wall, and the on/off switch is a knob you twist that's about a centimeter from the extremely hot bulb and i've nearly but not quite burned myself on it many times over the years

i'll fight like hell to keep this lamp, you can take it from my cold, dead by electrocution hands

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Das Boo posted:

It's vaginas.
Everybody gotta be gay or go.

hmm, any idea where they're dumping the remaining vaginas? i've got an idea

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

on my way

e: whoa, this is a long rear end state, where the heck do i start at?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If you tell me not to use incandescent bulbs you better believe I’m gonna use em even more. Lamps, sconces, inside the fridge, when I have an idea, you name it there’s an incandescent bulb shining that good hot light for all to see. I just think it’s funny that’s all.

LIGHT ALARM

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my solar powered calculator just runs faster under incandescents

thing takes a beat and a half just to add two numbers with these damnable LED contraptions shining down

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i'd love to see this lamp (post your lamp)

nothing special, just an ordinary old lamp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

You Are A Elf posted:

This lamp with the twisty knob, is it a dimmer, by any chance? I still keep two table lamps around with the same twist knobs and they are built-in dimmers for incandescent bulbs. Dimmable LEDs will technically work in them, but they only kind of get slightly dimmer from full power before turning off completely. With an incandescent, those babies dim down to the faintest orange glow on the filament before turning off.

nope, just on/off. used to have a dimmer in one of the bathrooms for the 4 mirror/vanity lights but got rid of it when the wiring had to be redone to install an exhaust vent and fan. but yeah, CFLs didn't dim at all in that thing and dimmable LEDs were ok but not the same

still have a hanging light over the kitchen table with a tiny rear end dimmable bulb in it. it's a terrible lamp, barely provides any light, but my partner bought it and likes how it looks so i tolerate it. i do pray every day for its demise, first thought in my head when i wake and the last thought in my head when i sleep. the dreams belong to me however.