Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

big fan of mumbling here. maybe sometimes chewing on my hair when i talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when they were remodeling the apartment upstairs it was a great excuse to not participate in many meetings

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
c u r l -sv https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=63320 | say

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i had to put spaces in between because they block the word curl lmfao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

big fan of mumbling here. maybe sometimes chewing on my hair when i talk.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Jonny 290 posted:

c u r l ing iron

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I put a desk fan right on my mic

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

i make sure i join town hall unmuted and in the car

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

talk in my normal speaking voice, op (i’m a moron from nz)

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
i save my entire day’s worth of typing so i can do it all in meetings while unmuted using a mechanical keyboard

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

HamAdams posted:

i save my entire day’s worth of typing so i can do it all in meetings while unmuted using a mechanical keyboard

I hope you also use a desk-mounted microphone.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

im just in general a disorganized, aloof, absent-minded person who struggles to maintain a train of thought for longer than a few sentences but is often expected to talk a lot. id recommend trying that, it works well for me.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

you might be trying to hack the forums

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

to be incompressible just get a pair of airpods pro and use the built in mics

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

HamAdams posted:

i don't have a mechanical keyboard but i loudly play mechanical keyboard sound effects during meetings and say i'm taking notes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

i don't have a mechanical keyboard but i loudly play mechanical keyboard sound effects during meetings and say i'm taking notes

https://mechvibes.com/

ive got an ahegao sound pack for this one

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Jonny 290 posted:

what really

curl is a great tool

e: lol it only works with command switches

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
curl works. Making it verbose makes clownflare angry

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

i run a linux distro that randomly makes me sound like a buzzsaw when i use certain pairs of bluetooth headphones, op

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
my manager bought a wireless keyboard from the $5 store and if she forgets to disconnect it from bluetooth before starting a meeting she sounds like a robot. apparently it's a known issue but she refuses to buy a new keyboard

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

tmesis posted:

my manager bought a wireless keyboard from the $5 store and if she forgets to disconnect it from bluetooth before starting a meeting she sounds like a robot. apparently it's a known issue but she refuses to buy a new keyboard

cool feature not a bug

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g
learned a low-tech trick from my boss - say "uhhh" in-between every single word in your sentence, and then add "and so forth" to the end of every sentence. nobody will ever know what the gently caress your talking about and will certainly never ask you to repeat it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
musking it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

filthy regex posted:

learned a low-tech trick from my boss - say "uhhh" in-between every single word in your sentence, and then add "and so forth" to the end of every sentence. nobody will ever know what the gently caress your talking about and will certainly never ask you to repeat it.

that's the opposite an old vp who taught me to count to 3 before talking to make people think you thought over your response carefully like don't actually think about your words just count to three then say the same stupid thing you were about to blurt out

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
do a bunch of speed and make like spud in trainspotting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDmg74rhCw

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
always be chewing while speaking

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i simply refrain from unmuting

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
ten hours mix of dogs barking played through a lovely soundbar behind me

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

person running this current meeting im in is a big fan of saying "um" or "uh" between every word

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i tune the threshold on my mic to be at the point where it drops every eighth word. just enough that nobody understands but not enough that anyone would stop me because my mic's broken.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I simply mouth words silently at the camera until they assume that my mic is hosed, then shrug, hang up the call, and play video games

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

washing machine on aggressive dirt removal mode with a slightly unbalanced load, always unmuted, mic pointed the wrong way, EQ scooping out all the mids and treble, "music mode" enabled in webex to disable all noise reduction

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
one of my coworkers has a bunch of dogs that are always barking, howling and unplugging the router. They also used to call in over a VNC connection so that there was a literally 4-5 second delay between us
That did the trick

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
one of our support folks got into biiiiig trouble for working on their Good Gameing Rig all day while vnc'd to their work laptop

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

neosloth posted:

They also used to call in over a VNC connection

:stonk:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i used to dial into meetings over airplane wifi lol but i never talked

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I put a low battery in my smoke alarm and then put it right behind the mic. The peeping will keep everyone in the meeting alert!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

ten hours mix of dogs barking played through a lovely soundbar behind me

i listen to the acoustic version, alfie vs pepper

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I have a mute button on my headset and when someone asks me a dumb question I press it repeatedly when I have to talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I plan the biggest meetings for when my five-year-old is home with no other supervision available so that she can verbalize her stream of consciousness throughout and then anytime I’m asked a question in meeting I make the person repeat it because I have no idea what is going on.