Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we've had a really good run since 23, the first half of 24 it did worry me that we were gonna see the game turn into the mean spirited hateful games we saw from 20-22, but monte growing a backbone and taylor's insane social play really help turn things around for that season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

STAC Goat posted:

But how did this Cameron dude win AFP? He just seems like a goober.

1. He got the most glowing good-boy TV edit of anyone on BB25, and the episodes were full of him making goofy redneck remarks in the diary room

2. He won a lot of challenges in a flashy way, which helped endear him to show-only-viewers, and the pie-face nomination ceremony was unique and memorable.

3. He had a moment of looking like a massive underdog with being voted out and winning the zombie comps, and who doesn't like an underdog?

4. The show-only-viewers didn't see what a creepy pervert he was, because none of it made the show. Even the feedwatchers had to go off bits and pieces because talk of how creepy he was being was instantly shut down anytime it came up on the feeds.

Matt was protected in a very similar way WRT his comments about America, but they were so busy protecting Cam they couldn't also protect Matt at the same time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Reindeer Games was very good, Survivor should try and figure out a way to do a low-stakes thing like this to utilize their stars.

I was hoping Julie would be the host for the actual Reindeer Games, would be fun for her to actually get to host something in-person for once.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm not gonna lie I was psyched to see Santa was portrayed by the actual guy that does the VO for the show, my mom enjoys how over the top he is. Now we choose to believe that Santa is just a Big Brother superfan.

This was a fun side-show to watch with the family. It'd be kind of neat to see some of the tiny 30 second advantages integrated into the real show somehow!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The only way this show will work continuously is if they can get people to return. I want to see the Cookout totally destroy the racist season.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Taylor has done a long interview about Reindeer Games that I think is well worth listening to:

https://youtu.be/vOc7gDNk8bk?si=5kVxHkMnO0-Y_Nfk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is worth listening to, thanks for the link! Not only because you get to see a cute dog, but also because the insight is quite wholesome. The production team really seemed to believe in this show, urging the cast genuinely not to spoil it and so on. Taylor mentions that big broadcasting stations are open with the players about being afraid to try new things. Everyone on the show felt like a springboard for that, and she basically says all the players tried their best to push that and think it was successful at that goal. Cozy holiday listening, glad they all had a good time yes including Frankie.

Merry Christmas goons :kiddo:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 25, 2023