Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Season 25 starts August 2nd on CBS and Paramount+ with a live move in. Last season started miserably, but featured a good winner and a surprising comp beast. What will this year bring, more misery for the viewers or a fun cast with good gameplay? We're starting a month later than usual as CBS attempts to counter program against the SAG-AFTRA and Writers' strikes with loads of reality programming and previously streamed on Paramount+ "originals".

It's also the "anniversary" 25th season of the series, with a special retrospective kicking off a "pre-season" on July 26th.

This is the Spoiler thread, so anything in the episodes or on the live feeds will be fair game!

It's the summer TV season again, which means it's time for Big Brother. So what is Big Brother?

Big Brother (BB) is the original and superior source of 24/7 voyeurism on American televisions. The weekly CBS show features footage taken from live feeds of the Big Brother House. What's the big deal about the house? It's a reality game show which forces 15+ people to live together in a house during the summer, all while competing for power to kick other people out of the house and thus out of the game. All with the goal of being the final House Guest selected as the best player and worthy of the $500,000.

The 90+ cameras in the BB house capture all manner of insanity and "reality" when it comes to the House Guests. Meaning what you see on TV is barely half the story. Massive amounts of plotting and scheming are never aired, allowing the TV editors to craft whatever story they want for the viewing audience. Only the feed watchers or readers get the best take on what's really happening in the house.

Interested in seeing the true story of Big Brother 25?

Various sites provide recaps and running updates submitted by viewers of what's going on:

Big Brother Network
HamsterWatch
Online Big Brother

CBS provides live streaming HD coverage through the Paramount+ service.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/

CBS also provides add supported live streaming HD coverage through the Paramount's PlutoTV service.

https://pluto.tv/ and the PlutoTV app

The official website also provides live feed clips of content not seen on TV.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/

This season's twist/hook:
It's the 25th season anniversary, with the show re-visiting past houseguests and competitions.

FAQ:

Q - I bought Paramount+ and all I see on the Live Feeds is fish/trivia?
A - Though it is billed as 24/7, the live feeds will not run during several specific instances: Any time a competition is ongoing, any time nominations are held, legal requirements and/or for control booth interaction. Legal requirements can include when the houseguests start to sing, the HGs talk about a family member by name who didn't sign a release or some other legally grey area. Generally the booth will cut in to warn the HGs or provide some guidance for some ongoing issue.

Q - Is it even worth it to spend $$$ on the feeds?
A - With Big Brother part of Paramount+, you get more bang for your buck. You'll get both the live feeds, access to the existing CBS/Paramount library and new shows like the Star Trek series. in addition to the feeds you'll have access to every episode of the U.S. edition of Big Brother, all for $5.99 per month (with ads and no local CBS) or $11.99 per month (with local CBS and limited ads). If you're wanting access to that library, it might help your decision. Otherwise also note that the purchase is a recurring charge, so you'll need to cancel when the season is over.

Q - Can the feeds really make that big a difference in how you see an HG?
A - Ask anyone who watched previous seasons, this is pretty much rinse and repeat at this point. Often times controversial statements regarding gender/race/sexuality never see the light of day on the broadcast show. Instead they are relegated to the live feeds only, and serve as the only way to really see what type of people the house guests are.

Ah, I don't want spoilers!
Check out the episode-only viewers thread here.

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reserved for news and updates.

Week 1
Nomination Competition Losers: Jared, Kirsten, Felicia, Cory (HOH will save two)
HOH: Reilly
Nominees: Felicia and Kirsten (Jared and Cory saved)
Veto: Hisam (Not used)
Final Nominees: Felicia VS Kirsten
Note: Luke ejected for using N-word
Eviction: Kirsten (13-0)

Week 2
HOH: Hisam
Nominees: Cameron and Reilly
Veto: Hisam (Not used)
Final Nominees: Cameron VS Reilly
Eviction: Reilly (12-0)

Week 3
HOH: Felicia
Nominees: Cameron and Jag
Veto: Jag (Used on self, replaced with Hisam)
Final Nominees: Cameron VS Hisam
Eviction: Hisam (11-0)

Week 4
HOH: Cameron
Nominees: Blue and Jag
Veto: Red (Not used)
Final Nominees: Blue VS Jag
America's Vote Invincibility Power: Competition between top four vote getters, can cancel an eviction for two weeks. Winner - Matt
Eviction: Jag (10-0) Invincibility Activated, Jag stays

Week 5
HOH: Jared
Nominees: Cameron and Red
Veto: Cameron (Used on self, replaced with Jag)
Final Nominees: Jag VS Red
Eviction: Red (8-2)

Week 6
HOH: Cameron (Also rest of the house PB&J Have Nots)
Nominees: Felicia and Izzy
Veto: Jared (Not used. Also Izzy - +Cameron Piggy punishment, Matt - Hang out with Josh Duhamel all week (Cardboard cutout) , Jag - $5K, Cameron - European Vacation , Felicia - +Cirie Kayak Companions)
Final Nominees: Felicia VS Izzy
Eviction: Izzy (8-1)

Week 7
HOH: Jared
Nominees: America and Cory
Veto: Jag (Used on Cory, replaced with Cameron)
Final Nominees: America VS Cameron
Eviction: Cameron (8-0)

Week 7 Double Eviction
HOH: Cory
Nominees: Blue and Jared
Veto: Matt (Not used)
Final Nominees: Blue VS Jared
Eviction: Jared (6-1)

Week 8 - Zombie Week
Note: Cameron and Jared re-enter the House
VS Comp for Solo Comp Choice: Cameron VS Jared ~ Cameron wins
Solo Comp: Cameron chooses to play and is succesful ~ Cameron revived and Jared eliminated

Week 9
HOH: Cameron
Nominees: Felicia and Mecole
Veto: Cameron (Not used)
Final Nominees: Felicia VS Mecole
Eviction: Mecole (7-0)

Week 10
Note: Jury Starts
HOH: Bowie Jane
Nominees: Cirie and Felicia
Veto: Jag (Used on Felicia, replaced with Cameron)
Final Nominees: (Cirie VS Cameron)
Eviction: (6-0)

Week 11
HOH: Secret HOH Week (Jag)
Nominees: Blue and Felicia
Veto: Double veto week (Blue and Jag)
Final Nominees: America & Cory
Eviction: Cory (5-0)

Week 12
HOH: Jag
Nominees: America and Blue
Veto: Jag (Not used)
Final Nominees: America VS Blue
Eviction: Blue (4-0)

Week 12 Double Eviction
Nominees: America and Felicia
Veto: Matt
Final Nominees: America VS Felicia
Eviction: America (3-0)

Week 13
HOH: Matt
Nominees: Cirie and Felicia
Veto: Jag (Not used)
Final Nominees: Cirie VS Felicia
Eviction: Cirie (2-0)

Week 14
Nominees: Felicia and Matt
Veto: Jag (Sole vote to evict)
Final Nominees: Felicia VS Matt
Eviction: Felicia (1-0)

Week 15
Final HOH Part One: Matt
Final HOH Part Two: Jag
Final HOH Part Three: Jag
Nominees: Bowie Jane VS Matt
Eviction: Bowie Jane (1-0)

Jury:
Cameron: Jag
Cory: Jag
Blue: Jag
America: Jag
Cirie: Matt
Felicia: Matt
Bowie: Jane: Jag

Winner: Jag (5-2)
America's Favorite Houseguest: Cameron

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 10, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Yay, Teek.

I hope someone is driven to complete madness the first week of this season again!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The allure of a Frenchie-esque meltdown is undeniable.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Can we convince Stac to come back and do reviews?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cast reveal is apparently happening later today.

Other thing that's happened is that BB released a short promo vid that will apparently kick of the premiere episode. In it, Danielle Reyes, Britney Haynes, and Frankie Grande brake into the BB house with the intention of using a "Time Laser" to go back in time and alter the outcome of their previous seasons they did not win. Neat(?)

Nice to see two of those people back. I believe it's just for the season gimmick only and they're no on the season. I could see lots of returnees hosting comps this season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

And here they are!:

https://www.paramountpressexpress.c...-premiere-event

Seems like an older cast than usual?

Interviews:

https://parade.com/tv/big-brother-25-cast-photos-interview

RHAP will be doing a cast breakdown video in about an hour.

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 31, 2023

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
All I want from this (and every other season) is interesting personalities, aggressive gameplay, and entertaining downtime/in-between moments. Thus I expect boring cliques, scared game moves, and people laying in bed crying all day.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Cast is definitely older. Doesn't look great, but we'll see!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Rob Has a Podcast cast preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TOEmYM5nCo

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m totally uninterested in this cast.

But, my 9 year old is obsessed with this show now so I’ll be watching

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I wonder how deaf the deaf house guest is.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I had heard rumors of this but this is pretty awesome:

https://deadline.com/2023/08/big-brother-season-25-live-feeds-pluto-tv-paramount-plus-1235452160/

Pluto TV will have channels for each of the live stream feeds 1 through 4 and the combined four number 5 stream. It'll have ads as opposed to the ad free Paramount+ offerings. Hopefully it will not cause button boy to be more trigger happy with fish.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The feeds are up and the cacophony of talking rages on. Thankfully everyone is in the house currently.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

The new fish is a gold wormhole. Seems like they are putting more effort into this season than others. The multiverse laser bit during the show looked more expensive than half the seasons they've done.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Izzy has now told multiple people that Cameron has "serial killer vibes" and is the main person instigating poo poo talking so far. Jared is the only other person I've seen poo poo talking. Everyone else was chilling.

Reilly told a story about how she lives alone and ate 3/4 of a large jar of peanut butter and then puked.

This has been the report from the feeds.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Thank you for doing this service. I tuned in to some nice snoring when I checked this morning as well.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Assuming the HGs keep the typical schedule, they'll usually start waking up around 10-11 AM CST, with BB doing a forced wake up around 9 AM PST. Some night owls will be up until daylight starts.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reilly has won the first HOH. Sounds like it was the timed balance beam comp.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Aardvark Barber posted:

Thank you for doing this service. I tuned in to some nice snoring when I checked this morning as well.

I'll probably babble in here a lot because I have no one to talk about this stuff with irl. Welp.

Teek posted:

Reilly has won the first HOH. Sounds like it was the timed balance beam comp.

Sounds like Reilly as HOH will need to pick 2 people to bring down.

Felicia already pretty hard begging for her game to Reilly and throwing Kristen under the bus for playing too hard. Which Kristen kinda is.

Reilly and Jag seem to already be pretty closely aligned and are looking at who else to bring in.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Reilly and Jag seem to already be pretty closely aligned and are looking at who else to bring in.

Yeah they were hanging around a lot last night. Looks like that vibing immediately paid dividends for Jag.

Hoping for Cory to at least come down, if only to avoid the tired "You and your brother both went out first" talk.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Teek posted:

Yeah they were hanging around a lot last night. Looks like that vibing immediately paid dividends for Jag.

Hoping for Cory to at least come down, if only to avoid the tired "You and your brother both went out first" talk.

I didn't even know about the Cory thing till you mentioned it. There was a rumor pre-season that everyone was going to be related to a former HG or Survivor but I guess if that was true the fans would have figured them all out by now.

Also there is an rear end-kicking machine like from the premiere in one of the rooms and every so often the (presumably) have-nots have to spin a wheel and have to do a certain amount of rear end kicks. An already semi-distraught Hisam got 25 and was mopey.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

1glitch0 posted:

I didn't even know about the Cory thing till you mentioned it. There was a rumor pre-season that everyone was going to be related to a former HG or Survivor but I guess if that was true the fans would have figured them all out by now.

Also there is an rear end-kicking machine like from the premiere in one of the rooms and every so often the (presumably) have-nots have to spin a wheel and have to do a certain amount of rear end kicks. An already semi-distraught Hisam got 25 and was mopey.

It’s anyone who wants to leave the room. The rear end kicking machine is extremely stupid.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Day two recap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hKn5WFixo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

jimmydalad posted:

It’s anyone who wants to leave the room. The rear end kicking machine is extremely stupid.

I finally got that, I think when they were playing hide and seek and every time someone checked the room they had to do the rear end kicking machine.

So people were still talking to Reilly at 4am last night. It seems like Cody may have successfully talked himself out of being a pawn with Reilly now moving towards Felicia as the pawn. Kristen has pretty much been solidified as the target.

Hopefully she wins Veto (if they play one this week) because right now there is no Plan B.

As of very late last night the inner core of an alliance is Reilly, Jag, Cameron, and Corey. It's funny watching the feeds because you have no voice over narrative to tell you who is lying and who is being truthful.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Kirsten and Felicia (pawn) are the noms.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Looks like Hisam won veto. Intentions before the comp were that he wouldn’t be using it, but we’ll what happens when Cirie gets in his ear.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Teek posted:

Looks like Hisam won veto. Intentions before the comp were that he wouldn’t be using it, but we’ll what happens when Cirie gets in his ear.

He seems to be pretty tight with Felicia too. I don't think Reilly would even care because she wants Luke out bad and would love to put him up.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/BBLionOteV/status/1688071059533430785

they JUST opened the yard and Felicia accidentally fell in the hot tub. Hopefully they actually show it on the show.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

How does that happen so quickly. lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oh great

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/big-brother-25-removed-luke-valentine-n-word-1235692133/

quote:

Three days after “Big Brother” Season 25 premiered, a controversy has hit the house. On Tuesday night, houseguest Luke Valentine casually dropped the N-word in a conversation captured on the Paramount+ live feed — and now, he has been removed.

“Luke violated the ‘Big Brother’ code of conduct and there is zero tolerance in the house for using a racial slur. He has been removed from the house,” CBS told Variety. “His departure will be addressed in Thursday night’s show.”

During a conversation with fellow contestants Jared Fields, Cory Wurtenberger and Hisam Goueli, Valentine was heard casually saying the slur at the end of a statement. He then caught himself, covered his mouth and laughed. He tried to correct his comment with the word “dude.” The moment can be seen here.

Many “Big Brother” viewers took to social media after seeing the moment and called for Valentine’s instant removal from the season.

“Production should remove Luke. Set an example. Show current and future players that language like that will not be tolerated,” Andy Herren, who won “Big Brother” Season 15, tweeted on Wednesday. “Production loves hiding racism and homophobia and transphobia when straight white men are involved. Hoping they actually do the right thing and address Luke’s comment. The way it so casually came out of his mouth is really upsetting.”

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, Luke was already a nothing houseguest who viewers had jokingly taken to calling a twin twist because he would be active one day and a nothing the next. No loss to get his rear end out of there now and cancel the eviction.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

It makes all the sense in the world for BB to cancel the eviction. Maybe Kirsten will luck out like Taylor and end up winning the whole thing.

Between this and Cameron and his insane psycho daughter/Reilly talk it's been a banner week for BB creeps.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
are they not going to address this at all?

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Anyone else just seeing rabbits

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

FootballFreak2 posted:

Anyone else just seeing rabbits

They've been down since yesterday morning due to the "incident". Kinda figured they'd be up by now.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hisam won HOH, hopefully it’ll be Cameron’s creep rear end going.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I had to look up which one was luke and when i saw the cast picture i still didnt remember him on the cast

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

How's everything going?

Oh, yeah. Seems about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It's actually been a lot better than what it seems?

The feeds have been great, and the episodes have done a poor job reflecting the large amount of gameplay that's been going on.

One of the (surprisingly out of nowhere?) dumb rear end people was quickly booted by BB. There's one more kind of gross manipulating person still in the game, but he's pretty much on the radar of the HOH this week and Cirie, who is the major power player.