Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm glad to hear its gotten better. I know they made an effort. I also know it will always be there and there will backlash like "well black people teamed up once and won so now we have an excuse to target black people and assume they're working together." That is sadly life. I just got tired of watching it for fun I guess.

For shits and giggles (pain) I checked out SurvivorSucks which I ditched before BB because it was so obviously such a racist place and sure enough all the conversation over there is about the unfair double standard that black people can say a word and white people can't and how unfair everything is to white people.

Sorry for cursing you with that. Blame working in the heat outside all morning and an algorithm that remembered to target me with an ad that Big Brother is Back!

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i like most of the cast this season, i think they did a good job. apparently the only recruits still in the game at this point are blue and reilly, kirsten was the other. luke, the guy who got thrown out, was yoinked from the survivor casting pool to be here.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

the whites are out in full force online demanding Kirsten be evicted for using the n-word.

This country is so hosed lmao

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Wasn’t Kirsten the one evicted?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

sportsgenius86 posted:

the whites are out in full force online demanding Kirsten be evicted for using the n-word.

This country is so hosed lmao

I saw when she said it on the feeds and when the Luke thing happened I was expecting certain parts of the internet to go wild over her saying it but then I didn't actually see anyone saying she should be kicked. I thought it slipped under the radar.

But yeah, she's gone anyway so dilemma deleted!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Hisam won Veto and gave his Veto speech. We didn't see the speech, but it was directed towards Riley (who he wants out more than anything) and whatever he said was "over the line" and now he has gone apologizing to all the HGs and the house seems to have been cracked against him and many people want him out next week.

If Riley was at all competent at this game she'd be a lock at staying, but right now it's up in the air.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
My favorite is when a group is having a secretive discussion and Felicia's loud hilarious cackle almost gives it away.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gotta admit I am vaguely nostalgic for feeds. And I do happen to be on a Paramount+ deal for a couple of more weeks.

On the other hand I’m actually on a healthy and sensible sleep and work schedule.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Reilly’s in a bad spot and should have a shot at staying if she could get out of her own way. I think several of the Houseguests would like to see Cameron go, but Reilly has been unable to be bring it together enough to reassure people. It’s also not helping that many of her alliance mates are still trying to salvage their original big group, they should blow it up for now and work on getting in good with others, and if they happen to win HOH next week, then just step up as the “Hisam has to go” leads, since basically no one is going to save him. Then if you can pull some more HOH comp wins, then your original alliance can more naturally come back together.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Teek posted:

Reilly’s in a bad spot and should have a shot at staying if she could get out of her own way. I think several of the Houseguests would like to see Cameron go, but Reilly has been unable to be bring it together enough to reassure people. It’s also not helping that many of her alliance mates are still trying to salvage their original big group, they should blow it up for now and work on getting in good with others, and if they happen to win HOH next week, then just step up as the “Hisam has to go” leads, since basically no one is going to save him. Then if you can pull some more HOH comp wins, then your original alliance can more naturally come back together.

Reilly doesn't have to, Cameron being gone is better for Cirie. She's trying to downplay her appearance on The Traitors; Cameron's mom watched it religiously and word seems to have gotten around.

Right now Izzy and Cirie are trying to make sure they have the votes to just get Cameron gone instead. The idea there being that Hisam pissed a ton of people off today with his Veto speech, and that Hisam and Reilly will always be at each others' throats, so they'll sort of both neutralize each other.

In other news, Cory is proving to be much better at this type of thing than his brother was; his reads here are almost entirely spot on:

https://twitter.com/bbsurvivv/status/1690984035890368512

1glitch0 posted:

If Riley was at all competent at this game she'd be a lock at staying, but right now it's up in the air.

Her lack of gameskill actually has a decent chance at saving her this week, if the power players get what they want

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i like most of the cast this season, i think they did a good job. apparently the only recruits still in the game at this point are blue and reilly, kirsten was the other. luke, the guy who got thrown out, was yoinked from the survivor casting pool to be here.

Red was also recruited (he's a Tiktokker and can turn the accent on and off like a light switch) and you can kind of put the Cirie & Jared stuntcast pair into that bucket too.

mp5 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 15, 2023

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://twitter.com/bblionotev/status/1691300754752188417?s=46&t=7SnLl4Gv_3ioHDhSBPfYvw

https://twitter.com/bblionotev/status/1691302440698822656?s=46&t=7SnLl4Gv_3ioHDhSBPfYvw

https://twitter.com/bblionotev/status/1691305746871529472?s=46&t=7SnLl4Gv_3ioHDhSBPfYvw

Whenever Meme has a storage room rant, you know it’s going to be feeds gold. I absolutely love the cast this season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Looks like Cirie has turned the tide in Reilly's favor. LOL if Hisam really gets a complete unanimous blindside against him Thursday.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Watching Cirie doing moment-to-moment coaching of Izzy is terrific. This is the kind of day to day stuff they don't have time to show on Survivor

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

mp5 posted:

Watching Cirie doing moment-to-moment coaching of Izzy is terrific. This is the kind of day to day stuff they don't have time to show on Survivor

The last 30 hours of feeds have been incredible. Hisam's reaction to a near unanimous flip would be an absolutely legendary BB moment. With the level of rage that dude is carrying around I can't even imagine his reaction. He was hardcore threatening Matt if he even gave a sympathy vote to Reilly. lmfao at entire blindside.

Also Cameron has done nothing. Dude should take a walk around the house and feel out the vibes.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Has Hisam's veto speech been recapped anywhere?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Nobody's said anything or quoted it but they all seem to be furious about it, and he had to do an apology tour.

Jared, unprompted, just compared his picture on the Memory Wall to Felicia. Felicia: "you could totally be my son!"

He talks way too much, he's a walking unforced error

https://twitter.com/hamsterwatch/status/1691624741470367977

mp5 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 16, 2023

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
And apparently now Cirie is flopping back to voting Reilly out, who knows if the momentum can swing back in time at this point.

This is my 2nd season of BB and my first time watching live, I assume this amount of flip flopping is super uncommon on week 2

I would think at this point Cirie would make more enemies by trying to swing the pendulum the other way right now

This was great

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jay-V posted:

This is my 2nd season of BB and my first time watching live, I assume this amount of flip flopping is super uncommon on week 2

I haven't paid close attention to the feeds or watched the show much since about BB14/15, but this amount of flip-flopping does happen sometimes. There's a lot of time between when the Veto comp/meeting are filmed and the live eviction happens. People sometimes call it "Waffle Wednesday" because plans waffle back and forth a lot.

It seemed like the vote was all set to be on Cameron nearly unanimously, but Reilly had a meeting with Cirie/Izzy/Felicia and accused them of being the head of the snake and driving all the decisions. Which they are, so all of a sudden it might be better to stick with the original plan. If I had to guess, right now I'd say 70% chance Reilly goes, 30% Cameron goes, but it won't be unanimous either way.

Hisam does seem to still be oblivious to the fact that his days are numbered, though, which is wild.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
So Luke is a giant rear end in a top hat who isn’t really apologetic

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah reading the EW summary of the hour-long instagram he posted which I am definitely not going to watch reads like a laundry list of excuses. It's all really funny when you consider this poor fucker applied for Survivor and had never seen Big Brother. He spent most of his time in there unaware the game had started without him, or that Big Brother US has a history of pretty overt producer manipulation of the outcomes.

Also I'm pretty sure he volunteered to sleep on the cheese bed not knowing what it might do to his back, so complaining about that now is kinda funny

The feeds are down while the players primp themselves for the live show in 90 minutes, but it's still looking pretty likely that Reilly's gonna go tonight after all.

quote:

Reilly told Jag and Blue that she'd had "defining conversations" with everyone and believed she'll have the votes to stay. Nope. Just before 3pm, Cirie told Reilly and Matt "it's been up and down, but I think it's good right now." Nope again, and welcome to BB.

mp5 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 18, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

That's a shame about Reilly. She's a pretty terrible player, but the house had a chance to do a really memorable blindside and it would have made fantastic tv/feeds. It's so early too that it's not like they'd be burning down their games.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

1glitch0 posted:

That's a shame about Reilly. She's a pretty terrible player, but the house had a chance to do a really memorable blindside and it would have made fantastic tv/feeds. It's so early too that it's not like they'd be burning down their games.

Could've been a really cool tone setter for the season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Felicia won HOH. And current plan still seems to backdoor Hisam. We'll see. Initial noms seem like they'll be Cameron and either Jag/Blue.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like you could get away with initial noms of red/blue just for the memes.

e:feeds back up, its jag and cameron.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
It's just a matter of time before Jared spills his connection with Cirie to Blue. He's been pretty close a couple times, telling her he has a house secret. Don't do it Jared :saddumb:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jared was gross and misogynistic last night. Talking up how women having sex on the first date is bad, but apparently is no big deal for him as the guy? Yuck.

Veto pull was held, no Hisam, so no chance for him to theoretically save himself if they go forward.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jag won veto, Cirie seems to be waffling, potentially wanting Red up instead. Lame.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Cirie might be thinking that another week of Hisam will drive Izzy insane and tank Izzy's stock in front of the others. I already have no idea how Izzy thinks she's gonna win in the final 3 is her, Cirie, and Jared.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The sliming happening during the Nomination meeting was pretty funny, as is Jag's future chickensuit.

The TV edit seems to still be leaning toward the Hisam backdoor but that might not be the plan now.

Jared is repeatedly telling Blue he's got a secret in the house, he still talks too much.

They played Hollywood Squares around 9pm, Hisam's a pretty funny host when he isn't reading from a rigid script.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, veto meeting will be in about 3-4 hours. Unless the house gets washed away by the LA River, we should get some drama this afternoon.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

T-minus about an hour or so until V-Day.

Also Jag got some dumb rear end idea in his head to try and pitch a Red replacement nom to Felicia instead at the last moment? She got pissed at him. WTF is he doing. It's like he has the broad outlines of how one should play the game, but is set on doing everything incorrectly.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Teek posted:

T-minus about an hour or so until V-Day.

Also Jag got some dumb rear end idea in his head to try and pitch a Red replacement nom to Felicia instead at the last moment? She got pissed at him. WTF is he doing. It's like he has the broad outlines of how one should play the game, but is set on doing everything incorrectly.

Is that what happened? Because Felicia went nuts on Jag and I couldn't tell what the hell happened. It seems she is pissed about Blue talking to Cameron too much and then somehow she was screaming at Jag.

Felicia lost her mind being HOH.

She, Izzy, and Ciere have been up in the HOH room all week looking at cameras and thinking EVERYONE is their enemy and out to get them.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, my initial joke in this thread about a first week HOH meltdown seems to be happening each week now. Cirie has forced everyone to do way more game talk than what they typically would. They're getting in a full week of game between each of the week hoh/nom/veto/replacement milestones.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Teek posted:

Yeah, my initial joke in this thread about a first week HOH meltdown seems to be happening each week now. Cirie has forced everyone to do way more game talk than what they typically would. They're getting in a full week of game between each of the week hoh/nom/veto/replacement milestones.

Cirie, Izzy, and Felicia just can't take the win and chill for the week. They're so paranoid about people in their alliance not coming up to talk strategy all day and it's like talk about what? Everything has gone perfectly for them this week. Jag won PoV and the plan is to backdoor Hisam. There's nothing for their alliance to talk about! So instead the 3 of them have just spent the time second guessing and debating who to backstab in their alliance.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Hisam backdoored.

Now he's apologizing to Ciere and Izzy said he was always loyal to them. Says they will see on tv that he has been loyal.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

https://twitter.com/ToomsBB_/status/1693773124473585971

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HOHitis is out of control this year lol

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

America(the player) knows America(the audience) wants chaos and she might give it to us; i would love to see a hinky vote

https://twitter.com/han_naps/status/1693923666613129238

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jared and Blue made out, and sometime between then and now (a few hours) he told her Cirie's his mom.

Womp womp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

mp5 posted:

Jared and Blue made out, and sometime between then and now (a few hours) he told her Cirie's his mom.

Womp womp

JARED C'MON.