Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jag won the invisible HOH, nominated Felicia and Blue.

There was a double veto, Jag and Blue both won, so now the plan is Blue will self veto, Jag will veto Felicia then nominate Cory and America. Jag only told Bowie, Matt, and Cirie that he won HOH, so naturally the whole house knows. Cory is toast pending any twists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jag basically told everyone except Bowie Jane (she never gets any respect) that he won the HOH so the twist was DOA.

America was pissed after the veto, apparently there was an argument that was withheld from the feeds.

Also Jag seems to think he can compete in the next HOH. If so, that basically means the season is over and Matt and Jag can coast to the end. Really stupid way for a too-long season to wind down.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

First Hisam was winning every single comp. Then he got evicted.
Then Jared and Cameron were alternating winning every single comp and both got evicted.
Then Cameron came back and won them all until he got evicted again.
Now Jag is winning every single one.

Like no matter how many people they vote out there keeps being one person that rises to the top to dominate them all.

The entire house should see it written plain as day that Jag and Matt are going to comp out and everyone must unite against them. Bowie probably isn't game for that which just makes it harder. If the other players do that they can probably at some point win a single HOH and get one of them out, but Jag being double eligible isn't helping matters. Stupid game format the way comps can get dominated and matter so much. Might as well just watch the challenge or american ninja warrior

With that being said perhaps they need to keep whoever is better at comps between Corey and America.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jag probably should have been forbidden from saying he was the HOH for the twist to work

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
He couldn't even make up a good lie-time for the challenge. Nine minutes flat? Really?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Jag probably should have been forbidden from saying he was the HOH for the twist to work

The whole thing is dumb. The whole point of being the secret HOH is to put up allies, so Jag told everyone and then put up his allies anyway.

But it didn't really matter because everyone in the house (aside from the 2 people on the block) were totally fine with it.

BB's twists almost always fall flat. How much interesting stuff did we get from the Cirie/Jared stuff? Next to nothing.

Also if they wanted to do the secret HOH thing they should do it near the beginning when alliances are ill-defined and there's a ton of people, not when there's 8 people left and everyone pretty much knows where everyone else stands.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh come on, we got plenty out of the Cirie and Jared stuff. He spent his entire time in the house tanking her game :v:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Cory has given us a long, heartfelt camera chat (Wednesday 10/18 1:27pm, Camera 3) basically post-mortem-ing his game. The talk is over 25 minutes, and some of the better content we've had on the feeds in weeks.

Among lots of other interesting things, he knows there's 5 votes out there, and a majority of them are just "unattainable". He said over the last couple of weeks it might seem like he'd "chilled out" but that he was out of gas and doesn't have the competition strength others do.

He likes everyone in the house "except Cam, for obvious reasons. Fun dude to talk to, though. Wish he was less of a jackass."

1glitch0 posted:

BB's twists almost always fall flat. How much interesting stuff did we get from the Cirie/Jared stuff? Next to nothing.
I think that's a consequence of 2 things that, amazingly, aren't really production's fault:
1. Cirie was over this whole experience before Day 50, she hates it in there
2. Jared absolutely played like poo poo despite having an unheard-of advantage and was more of a handicap to Cirie than a benefit

mp5 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 19, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The family advantage was so very wasted on those two. This season ended up a victim of twist failure-to-launch and personally I'm happy with that! It meant there wasn't much to mess with the gameplay and the players' mistakes were mostly their own. Is that fair?

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 19, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
lol Jag won HOH again. Bye America.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

So i assume we lose America and Blue in quick succession this week?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

This season is really getting boring with the same people comping out

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

invisible hoh should get to fake compete in the HOH, shouldn't allowed to actually win lol. As if Jag wasn't winning enough comps already.

Anything physical, there's no one in the house that can stack up with Matt and Jag... have to say the most likely person to take either of them out before f3 is Matt striking a bit early on Jag after all these wins. but they get a chance at veto too! Dumb game

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fast Luck posted:

Anything physical, there's no one in the house that can stack up with Matt and Jag... have to say the most likely person to take either of them out before f3 is Matt striking a bit early on Jag after all these wins.

Agreed, but I think Matt also knows he's a lock to win if he sits in the final 2 with Jag, especially now. He'd probably win 6-1 with Blue dissenting

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Taran flew into a rage on today's live feeds podcast; he really doesn't like the Jag HoH situation. Made the drive to work a bit more entertaining at least.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

STONE COLD 64 posted:

So i assume we lose America and Blue in quick succession this week?

America and Blue nom'd. They HAVE to get Jag out next this week for DE. It's probably their last chance It's doable since Matt really isn't that big of a comp threat, but then again no one left really is either.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Taran flew into a rage on today's live feeds podcast; he really doesn't like the Jag HoH situation. Made the drive to work a bit more entertaining at least.

Because he got to play again?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i havent watched but i assume that the thread of conversation between blue/cirie/felicia is "we should have kept cory" as of late?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

1glitch0 posted:

Because he got to play again?

That on top of not having to keep last week secret, yeah.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like even the bare minimum of "if you reveal you are the secret HOH you lose the ability to play in the next HOH comp" should have been common sense to include

Context
Sep 11, 2006
Unpopular opinion maybe, but I’m glad they didn’t do some artificial “you’re not allowed to reveal” thing. I know they’ve done stuff like that before, but the enforcement would be so subjective that as a player, I wouldn’t know how to handle it if someone started pressing me on it or something. And imposing external rules on discussion topics (I know they can’t discuss production/DRs) feels counter to a game about conversation and information.

The better solution would be to not bother pretending the HoH was invisible, because we all knew this would happen from the second it was announced.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

quote:

The better solution would be to not bother pretending the HoH was invisible, because we all knew this would happen from the second it was announced.

Yeah they’ve done the invisible HOH twist twice in BBCAN and both times they tried to get fancy with it and then the house turned on them the next week.

The twist sucks but Jag played it right - unfortunately it made this endgame into a boring slog that I’m having trouble staying motivated to care about.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I don't know, I find Blue obnoxious so if they actually do get rid of her this week it's better than bad.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It's so funny that according to the feeds, had Jag not been able to compete, Cirie would have won this HOH

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Guess who won the veto lol

(Jag)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

mp5 posted:

(Jag)

haha, he and Cam are going to end up on the Challenge.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Its wild how different this season would have been if matt didn't use his power to save jag all those weeks ago. That one move changed the game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

honestly at this point i would actually like to see jag and matt on TAR

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

1glitch0 posted:

haha, he and Cam are going to end up on the Challenge.

Cameron might because he was vocally desperate for another few minutes of fame, as well as the jury stipend. I gathered from half-watching three episodes of The Challenge USA 2 that you can last there while being a Creepy Social Mutant if you're enough of a comp beast

Jag wouldn't make it halfway

Anyway Jag didn't use the veto so Blue's probably done. She lasted longer than most of the other recruits. Whatever, he's gonna get targeted during the double but will probably win veto again, blah blah blah

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Season has gone to total garbage. Stopped watching last week, turned on the TV tonight just in time to see Bowie nom America and Felicia. What can you even say.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I watch with my family and two people at once said "Bowie is dead to me" :laugh:

I don't think it's gone to garbage, I think the challenges have been garbage from the start and it has slowly dragged down an otherwise pretty rad group of snidely players. They've been in there like three months, they're great at giving diaries now but probably fed up.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I stopped watching entirely around the time of the zombie twist and haven't missed this season to be honest. Started out pretty good but what a disappointing mess it's been.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Matt is your new first time HOH.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Fast Luck posted:

Season has gone to total garbage. Stopped watching last week, turned on the TV tonight just in time to see Bowie nom America and Felicia. What can you even say.

Bowie not putting up Jag or Matt will go down as one of the all time stupidest moves in BB history. I kept playing it over in my head and not putting them up was dumb in like 4 or 5 major game breaking ways.

Looks like Felicia and Cierie will be going up later today.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

So many people in the house are just knowingly, intentionally playing for 3rd and 4th place

And the people who are playing for 1st can't win comps so they never have the power to do anything

Yelling about comps in modern big brother is old hat by now but it's still so frustrating

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they should have kept cory

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

they should have kept cory

He gets smoked in the ball drop veto too though

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

mp5 posted:

(Jag)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is this an inexplicably long/late season? Maybe I’ve just been away long enough but it seems way late for the season to still be in full swing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

STAC Goat posted:

Is this an inexplicably long/late season? Maybe I’ve just been away long enough but it seems way late for the season to still be in full swing.

Because of the strikes they made the season a bit longer and started it later.

I hope we get a winter BB too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Yes it always usually ends in September.