Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

STAC Goat posted:

Is this an inexplicably long/late season? Maybe I’ve just been away long enough but it seems way late for the season to still be in full swing.

Not as inexplicable as we were led to believe early in this season; there have been a couple of 99 day seasons as recently as 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(American_TV_series)#Series_overview

mp5 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

zombie mode basically tacked on 3 weeks right?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, they artificially inflate these super long seasons with some buybacks or week cancels.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

What an awful season. I would love for the big twist for next season to be: no twists! Just let everyone play Big Brother every single week. No need for any zombies, or any ‘invincibility powers’ producing a situation where someone voted out like 12-0 wins the season

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jag is apparently plotting to take Bowie to final 2

They are also plotting sleep deprivation and psychological "warfare" tactics on Felicia for some reason

I haven't watched the show as it's aired since the double

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
On tonight's show Jag and Matt putting all their candy in the other's bowls and Bowie putting all her candy in Jag and Matt's bowls because they're "a team" and then being sad when she's tied for the least amount of candy is such a perfect metaphor for the season it couldn't have been written better.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Its become predictable but i wouldn't call it a bad season, the late 2010s thru 23 were all awful and this has been a far cry better.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The veto comps this season have been crazily high budget, we've come a long way from ping pong paddles and who can make a pb&j sandwich the fastest from the early seasons

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The challenges have been terribly distributed. Something's wrong when one person wins them all. Felicia's pocket food should have been good for a veto at least.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Its become predictable but i wouldn't call it a bad season, the late 2010s thru 23 were all awful and this has been a far cry better.
It died hard though here late. I've stopped watching completely and stopped following along at all.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

The veto comps this season have been crazily high budget, we've come a long way from ping pong paddles and who can make a pb&j sandwich the fastest from the early seasons

those were at least fair, lol

mp5 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 2, 2023

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
You should listen to Tiffany’s weekly winners circle podcast where she just shits all over this season for 30 minutes. That plus this thread are how I keep up enough to pretend I know what’s going on when My son is watching

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Pillowpants posted:

You should listen to Tiffany’s weekly winners circle podcast where she just shits all over this season for 30 minutes. That plus this thread are how I keep up enough to pretend I know what’s going on when My son is watching

yeah, the Daily live feed updates on RHAP have been my go-to since about Week 2. It was really interesting to get into those not having watched the show in a long time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

matt and felicia went up. jag won the veto. he's strongly considering booting matt now since felicia would be easier to beat in a final 3.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What is the probability Felicia wins because of bitter jury?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Pillowpants posted:

What is the probability Felicia wins because of bitter jury?

If she actually gets there she might have a decent shot, I can see a number of them voting to spite Jag or Bowie. Cory already specifically said he didn't like the strategy of buoying one's game solely based on comp wins.

But it seems like she'll have to rely on the good graces of Bowie Jane or Jag to not take each other to the end, which is pretty unlikely.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Just some all around dumb gameplay going into the end. Jag booted Felicia last night, leaving the final three him, Matt and Bowie Jane.

Matt then won the first part of the final HOH.

Julie has also teased some time of Winter BB surprise, with the leading theory being a shorter "legends" season to help cover the content drought due to the still ongoing SAG strike break.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Teek posted:

Just some all around dumb gameplay going into the end. Jag booted Felicia last night, leaving the final three him, Matt and Bowie Jane.

Julie has also teased some time of Winter BB surprise, with the leading theory being a shorter "legends" season to help cover the content drought due to the still ongoing SAG strike break.

i guess going with legends makes sense if Celebrities wouldn't be able to participate due to the sag-aftra strike

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Teek posted:

I've been hoping for a winter BB due to the strike, but I'd like it to be a full length season and I'd really rather it be new players, preferable people who have barely or not at all heard of the show.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Dan and Janelle were openly discussing about going on a legends season on Twitter , and Cody/Derek did the same on the podcast.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Well the show has wrapped for the season with the finale tonight. Matt and Jag competed for final HOH with a tiebreaker determining Jag as the winner. He booted Bowie Jane, leaving he and Matt to compete for the win. Jag got five votes, with Felicia and Cirie the only votes for Matt. Somehow Cameron got AFP. lol

Jag is an okay winner, but I have to lol that he only stayed in the game before of a twist which saved him and probably would have went if Bowie Jane wasn't a horrible player.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Teek posted:

Well the show has wrapped for the season with the finale tonight. Matt and Jag competed for final HOH with a tiebreaker determining Jag as the winner. He booted Bowie Jane, leaving he and Matt to compete for the win. Jag got five votes, with Felicia and Cirie the only votes for Matt. Somehow Cameron got AFP. lol

Jag is an okay winner, but I have to lol that he only stayed in the game before of a twist which saved him and probably would have went if Bowie Jane wasn't a horrible player.

Cameron was protected more than I've ever seen almost anyone on Big Brother protected. They cut the feeds anytime anyone talked about how weird and creepy Cameron was and he got the goodest-good-ol-boy edit on the episodes.

Julie also announced the "BB Reindeer Games" in December, which is literally all challenges, will run for 6 episodes, and doesn't require them to actually live in the house. She said one of the BB25 houseguests would be competing in that, and the current suspicion is that Cameron was tapped to do so. Sometime after his zombie revival but before his final eviction he was having a really lovely day, went into Diary Room for a while, then came out smiling like he'd just been handed a fat check.

The folks on RHAP talked about that, and a lot of other stuff, after the finale aired on the east coast. It's worth idly listening to while you're doing other stuff imo; Taran & Melissa in particular are very astute and kept me sane through the very frequent low points of this season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqaKebqv0Tk

Pillowpants posted:

Dan and Janelle were openly discussing about going on a legends season on Twitter , and Cody/Derek did the same on the podcast.

Dan and Janelle are keeping real busy this year between this and the other show they're on, I guess.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I have to decide if this show is for me anymore because that felt like 100 days of wasted time (well, more like 56, the first half of the game was great). Jag is undoubtedly the worst winner to me and reinforces a horrible precedent that competition wins and twists are all you need when that isn't Big Brother to me. He lost the game already. Matt fumbled the jury questions quite badly but Jag's speeches were loud and wrong.

And now we're getting a legends season but it's a Christmas special based on competitions? THANK GOD THE STRIKE IS OVER.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I didnt catch the feeds but the rhap panelists seemed to indicate the edit and feeds had a huge divide, what stuff wasnt making the show?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Wasn’t Americas favorite player Cameron actually a terrible creep?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I don't know where to start this but I started watching BB Australia and the 2 men I find the most attractive is weird because my husbands brothers are Jake & Josh. Do it is kind of weird that I find not just one but both of them with those names.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Big Brother Reindeer Games has started and it’s surprisingly decent? Basically a mini-All Stars without them living in the house. It’s more tilted towards comps and not the traditional HOH/Noms structure, but there’s been a lot of strategy between competitions as they hang out in the house and talk shop about how to organize for the different types of comps and penalize some players with some of the comp reward powers. It kind of amounts to a week of BB in a single episode, with an initial comp to give one person some power, a bigger comp to determine who is up for elimination and finally an elimination comp. Sprinkled with strategy talk between comps and DRs from reliably good DR people.

The players:
  • Britney - BB 12 and 14
  • Cameron - BB 25
  • Cody - BB 16 and 22
  • Danielle - BB 3 and 7
  • Frankie - BB 16
  • Josh - BB 19
  • Nicole - BB 16, 18 and 22
  • Taylor - BB 24
  • Xavier - BB 23

Teek fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 14, 2023

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It struck me as some kind of bullshit, but simply for the karmic justice of Cameron going home first I might have to at least follow the podcast updates at work.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, I can't complain with a series that starts off with Cameron going first, followed by **Cody**.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I randomly watched an episode tonight and was like fine with it until a bunch of people said “someone threw you under the bus!” and everyone worked into a frenzy over what seemed like a pretty straightforward situation.

It made me laugh but also reminded me why I stopped watching. But good to know “under the bus” is still part of the house zeitgeist.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Reindeer Games rocks, actually, watch it? This episode was a pressure cooker in the best way. Britney's absolute devastation turned to complete and utter confusion as she had the best time of anyone on the wheel was absolutely incredible.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

That competition structure was pretty awesome? I don't think I've seen anything exactly like that on the show before. I mean it's had knock-out comps, but not like this exactly. It would be really fun to see a solo challenge take on it in a full season. Not sure how they would be able to utilize it though, a special week where the HOH is only safe, and the rest of the house has to do this kind of challenge to determine who goes? It kinds of works for this show because there's a lot of solid challenge players, so maybe that would not be as fun when you have a lot of normal season schlubs.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
They really undersold what this show was supposed to be. I was fully prepared to skip all this but it's the best Big Brother in YEARS.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Reindeer Games has actually been loving fantastic, which was the last thing I expected.

The players are making interesting decisions every episode, the decisions have social consequences, and the challenges are better and more interesting than the dogshit we got in 25. The cast is great and of course Britney is killing it in the DR.

I can't wait for the next episode. They've done something pretty great here so far.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I decided to check out Reindeer Games from the beginning. Christmas and nostalgia. Something woke up in me. Anyway still hate Frankie and very amused that everyone’s intro is “I won Season X” and “I was America’s Favorite” and his is literally “I’m Ariana Grande’s brother.”

E: it’s genuinely fun to see Danielle and Brittany in DRs again.

E2: For the life of me I can’t remember why I hate Cody. I know why I hate Paulie. I know Cody was part of the last cliche bully gaslighting house majority I watched. I know he oozes Jersey douche. I know he’s the family that watches Fox News together for family time. But I can’t remember a thing Cody did besides flirt with people.

But watching Frankie feed his ego with “they’re scared of you because you won” when most of this house has won is starting to remind me.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 19, 2023

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I decided to check out Reindeer Games from the beginning. Christmas and nostalgia. Something woke up in me. Anyway still hate Frankie and very amused that everyone’s intro is “I won Season X” and “I was America’s Favorite” and his is literally “I’m Ariana Grande’s brother.”

E: it’s genuinely fun to see Danielle and Brittany in DRs again.

E2: For the life of me I can’t remember why I hate Cody. I know why I hate Paulie. I know Cody was part of the last cliche bully gaslighting house majority I watched. I know he oozes Jersey douche. I know he’s the family that watches Fox News together for family time. But I can’t remember a thing Cody did besides flirt with people.

But watching Frankie feed his ego with “they’re scared of you because you won” when most of this house has won is starting to remind me.

Watch Cody and Derek's show - Winners Circle. Certainly seems like Cody isn't a fox news person anymore?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So I see how Taylor won a season. She seems like an incredibly well rounded player who is also super charming and likable. Even Nicole was crushing on her.

And Xavier is obviously a comp beast and seems like a totally likable dude. And I find his lack of a discernible personality charming and comforting. I feel represented.

But how did this Cameron dude win AFP? He just seems like a goober.

Anyway that was a solid bit of Christmas nostalgia. Hopefully it doesn’t trick me into watching again. Luckily it’s like 8 months away? So should forget it well before then.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

STAC Goat posted:

his sexist behaviour didn't make the edit weirdly (:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I enjoyed reindeer games, low stakes and fun comps, not opposed to it being a fun little yearly thing thats here for a couple weeks and goes away. Britney surviving the maze was an all timer moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

So I see how Taylor won a season. She seems like an incredibly well rounded player who is also super charming and likable. Even Nicole was crushing on her.

And Xavier is obviously a comp beast and seems like a totally likable dude. And I find his lack of a discernible personality charming and comforting. I feel represented.

Anyway that was a solid bit of Christmas nostalgia. Hopefully it doesn’t trick me into watching again. Luckily it’s like 8 months away? So should forget it well before then.

Taylor was also AFP in her season. You should really check out the cookout season