Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
In the winter of 2013 I noticed the temperature was getting colder in my house despite the furnace thermometer not changing.

It was late at night and really cold but I knew no one would come to check it out until the morning. So I ended up finding the only room in the house with the old-style individual wall heater and decided to sleep in there. I didn't bother moving a bed into the room and just piled bedding on the floor.

It wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be come morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My ex made me sleep on an unfinished wooden floor for about 2-3 nights a week for about two years. She got mad when I slept on the couch I owned lol

I will not give context :cool:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Never. That’s not something people do on purpose. I do have epilepsy though, which means I’ve woken up places with no memory of how I got there, mostly on the floor. That may count.

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
I was cold ;((

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

A few years ago when I made a blanket fort of depression.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Grey Cat posted:

A few years ago when I made a blanket fort of depression.

That sounds fun!

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

six months ago, got trashed at an out of town get together but there weren't enough couches to go around so I slept on the floor. when I woke up I saw that one of the dudes on the couches had puked at my feet

luckily he had been dehydrated and full of pizza, so it was just kind of a pile of little caesars chunks

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Loden Taylor posted:

six months ago, got trashed at an out of town get together but there weren't enough couches to go around so I slept on the floor. when I woke up I saw that one of the dudes on the couches had puked at my feet

luckily he had been dehydrated and full of pizza, so it was just kind of a pile of little caesars chunks

Breakfast in bed...

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I had some kind of stomach bug in high school and threw up so much I just slept on the floor in the bathroom for easy barfin'

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sometime around 1994. June.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
most summers when It stays super hot through the night and the ceiling fans just dont cut it, i'll take a pillow to one of the tiled areas of my house and sleep on the cold tiles.

I have aircon, I'm just cheap.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I slept on a yoga mat with a little foam roller under my neck twice last week. It definitely helped with neck/shoulder tension and breath mechanics, so I will probably repeat 1-2 times a week for the rest of the summer

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Let me check...

doo doo doo...goes to webpage. looks for concert dates and...

That would be October 29, 1998.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
In the last 10 years, I have definitely fallen asleep on the floor in a sunbeam with a cat. Wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

not recently enough, that's for dang sure

i miss the days right after college in my first rental in the new town where my bed was just a mattress on the floor for a while until my gf got a big fancy bed frame for us. something so comfy about sleeping down that low.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
starting to think I should give it a try pretty sure I sleep better on a firmer mattress why not go all the way

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

They say you should sleep in your guest rooms.

Now I'm thinking of sleeping on my hard wood floors.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
late last year lol

I was having back pain and wasn't sure if my bed was the problem so I decided to try the floor why not

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
2 summers ago there was an absolutely brutal heat wave here in bc so my wife and i dragged our mattress into the living room to be right next to the air conditioner

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
February, when I caught covid and had flop sweats.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I quit drinking in 2008, so some time before that.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I slept out on the deck over the spring on nice nights

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Cubone posted:

late last year lol

I was having back pain and wasn't sure if my bed was the problem so I decided to try the floor why not

This happened to be. My mattress was way too soft and I sleep on my stomach. I wasn’t even 40 the first time I laid on my back on the floor and felt relief. I’m not even that fat I swear.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

My mattress was way too soft and I sleep on my stomach.
Yeah stomach sleeping is definitely the hardest on the spine and postural muscles. On a soft bed it's almost guaranteed to gently caress you up to some degree, even if you're an 80 pound yoga instructor

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Out of necessity?
6-7 years ago when I broke up with my ex

Out of desire?, Like maybe a few months ago, the summers are whack here and sleeping on the floor under a fan is preferable to on fabric

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Probably around 2006 or so, we'd do 'cons' (4 or 5 day house parties) for a goon-adjacent comedy site I posted on and one of them coincided with a hippy festival type thing one of the guys was holding at his house. It was pretty fun cause this one guy had really good hash with opium in it, but by that time I was too drat old to be sleeping on some crackhead's floor in the middle of Lancaster county.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

After Hurricane Ian when we had no power and it was too hot to sleep on the bed. And I’m sure there were a couple of nights where my four year old stole my spot and I just slept next to the bed so as not to wake her up. I nap on the floor all the time.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
Like 8 years ago I was on a very saggy and too short camping bed (the canvas stretcher kind) and the floor was an upgrade comfort wise.

Nap-wise I tend to catch at least a few floor zZzs every summer because the hallway floor is the coolest spot in my apartment.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
My roommate and I only had one mattress between the two of us as of a couple months ago, so I went about 8 months straight sleeping on a makeshift bedroll composed of towels and blankets. It was probably actually killing me, and I shelled out for a memory foam mattress that sits on the floor of my room now.

Being poor loving blows.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

emSparkly posted:

mattress that sits on the floor of my room now.

Being poor loving blows.

Make sure to turn it upright or something when you’re not using it, mattresses that can’t ventilate properly because they’re directly on the floor will get moldy on the bottom real fast.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

i like teh floor because its cold down there

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I don't think I could handle sleeping on a hard floor, I have evolved too closely to the depiction of the last humans in Wall-E to survive the discomfort. But my bed is currently on the floor because I have two older dogs who love the bed but couldn't keep doing the jump the get in, so we took the frame off and brought it down to their level and now they can comfortably hop in and out.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Jestery posted:

Out of necessity?
6-7 years ago when I broke up with my ex

The card board is a nice touch.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
For a couple years about a decade ago I lived in a 'garden level' apartment (half underground) and slept on a futon mattress on the floor. When I moved out the bottom of it was covered in mildew.

It was good for my back though.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I legitimately don't remember. I'm 40 now so probably sometime in my 20s.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

redshirt posted:

Sometime around 1994. June.

Actually sounds pretty close, maybe more like 92-93. A couple parties around that time I ended up on the floor. I think whoever crashed out first got the beds/couches.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

If camping doesn't count (of which the last time was 3 years ago), I was a big rear end Dota 2 nerd and travelled to stay with some friends in Aberdeen where we held a TI watch party. There wasn't enough sleeping space for everybody so me and one other guy alternated sleeping on the hardwood floor and the sofa.

It wasn't comfortable!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
August 2006. I had moved into my first real non-dorm apartment so I adopted my first cat, and I prioritized adopting him before getting a bed. Worth it.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

About 23 years ago I stayed a few days with my friend and her family is Korean and they all slept on the floor and didn't have a mattress. Did not care for it so I slept in a hammock the next few nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i was in bands for like 15 years i slept on a lot of floors and in a lot of vans. i can sleep anywhere with any amount of light or noise now.