Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

might as well sign up for another round. let's get stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

SugarAddict posted:

I really don't like using graziers, yes setting enemies on fire is nice, but last I checked enemies on fire have noclip and yours do not, enemies on fire can run further into your base spreading fire, and your on fire colonists will stand in one place unable to put out the fire and contually get locked in melee until they fall over and burn to death.

You can put the ideology temple room in the rear end end of somewhere, you don't need it readily accessible unless you got artifacts for people to stare at or you got lots of religious ceremonies, you don't need to do ceremonies or conversions except maybe once or twice every 15 days.

Repeated romance failures are funny until you get people doing dumb stuff like going catatonic or deciding to leave the colony during a fight.

or they flip out and slaughter your colony's holy bear and start a mental break spiral because venerated animals are a loving trap

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

I think the issue with your raiders targeting irrelevant walls is that your poo poo is walled off a little too well. Raiders/mechs/etc need to be able to path to a relatively valuable building or plant or item to steal/burn/smash so you need to hold open doors to allow them to "see" a path to a workstation/farm/warehouse/etc. Otherwise they can't find a valid destination to give them a reason to path through your defense maze so they just punch the nearest colony-owned object which happens to be your walls.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Is there still a research project for the Rimatomics TACS that lets it automatically jam incoming drop raids and scatter the pods all over the map?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Leal posted:

So far an upgrade I see for the TACS is one that will warn you about incoming raids. Maybe once I research that I'll be able to research the jamming thing?

Yeah it's buried in a bunch of baffling UI jank like the other Rimatomics 'upgrade' projects you have to select the building and there's a button to toggle the feature on/off, and if I remember correctly there's a TACS research project that doesn't correctly say what it does and it instead enables the jamming toggle on either the TACS or SACS, not sure which.

spoilers I guess, Rimatomic be jank

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 18, 2023

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Mzbundifund posted:

I don’t know if it’s an image compression thing or what but I read on mobile and like half the screenshots are practically pure black, I can’t see anything but the text even if I crank up my screen brightness.

the biome and stone palette are just badly designed so everything is an indistinct mess of 5 different shades of black, and unfortunately because it has unique gameplay gimmicks the uberdark biome attracts LPers and yotubbers like moths to a dark gray flame nobody can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

:hmmyes: sounds like you've got a starting point to brainstorm your next LP