Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Catgirls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Oh god, I will not be touching that one.

It's actually an April fool's day joke. (it's not real).

Ohgod it's real.

killitwithfire.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 20, 2023

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Akratic Method posted:

Let the cat poo poo apocalypse begin.

Town name is probably gonna be "Catbox" or "Cat poo poo Box" or "The Litter Box" or something.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Put me up for anything.
*gets named as a chicken and immediately eaten*

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
You're gonna have to hightail it for anti-tox lung cybernetics.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Do you have the mod that adds small/medium/large gene storage racks, if you don't you're gonna run out of space real fast.

Also, hilarious betrayal.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Is that poo smeared all over the restroom walls or rust?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

It unintendedly led to the best solution to taking out infestations: Burning them out

It sucks cause I don't want to do that, cause then I need to make a room and have it all have flooring and put columns and god I don't care

Also I'll stick with the romance as is, cause I like to imagine with each failed romance attempt.... they go o/~How can this happen to me o/~

I really don't like using graziers, yes setting enemies on fire is nice, but last I checked enemies on fire have noclip and yours do not, enemies on fire can run further into your base spreading fire, and your on fire colonists will stand in one place unable to put out the fire and contually get locked in melee until they fall over and burn to death.

You can put the ideology temple room in the rear end end of somewhere, you don't need it readily accessible unless you got artifacts for people to stare at or you got lots of religious ceremonies, you don't need to do ceremonies or conversions except maybe once or twice every 15 days.

Repeated romance failures are funny until you get people doing dumb stuff like going catatonic or deciding to leave the colony during a fight.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

silentsnack posted:

or they flip out and slaughter your colony's holy bear and start a mental break spiral because venerated animals are a loving trap

Have an ideology ritual to summon luciferium bugs, or thrumbos, or if you got SoS2 you can summon archio thumbros or archio muffolows.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Ahh, fission steam generator, hope you have auto-scram on, and egad that thing labor and resource intensive.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

What can POSSIBLY go wrong?

Nothing. Nothing could possibly go wrong. (besides running out of food).

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

And here we go. Two options, on the left is weapons expert which reduces aiming time by 50% and ranged cooldown by 50%, in exchange for always flirting and getting rejected. The other option gives a 50% chance that building something will refund 25% of the resources needed to make it. Now, that does sound nice. Chaos DOES do construction. But uh... that negative?

Egotistical which removes the ability to do ANY labor. All of them. Every single labor is disabled.

So yeah I go with the left option. Now we do have the building that can let us remove weaknesses so...

So let's see... You first need to wait for the first vault to pop, which took 5 years for me. Then you need to go out and loot them, needing to break through the bunkers and doors which is a multi day affair. To get what I got, pretty much going from one to another has taken about another 30 days, which is half of a year in Rimworld. And this is with me flying a helicopter to and from, if you didn't have this you would have to walk people to and from to carry the heavy equipment, meaning this process would take longer.

By the way, all the equipment is expensive as poo poo. Just the equipment, nevermind the super nanites which can get as high as 2k each, contributes nearly 10% of my colony's wealth right now. So raids will be bigger. And after you do all that you could get a pawn who will literally murder someone if their romantic advances are rejected, and if you want to remove that ability it starts at 90% chance of killing your pawn? Maybe there are some outcomes that are really powerful, but remember we just had a possible outcome where there was buffs to just construction and the weakness was that they couldn't do any labor, completely nullifying the buff.

It's not just horribly wealth inflating, it's also consumes a ton of space, with enough equipment you can get it down to 0% chance of death, I think every weakness removal and/or extra gene increases death by 20% stacking.
It also gets really really bad because the weaknesses are so crippling it's not worth it until you can do it.
You have maybe 1/2 chance of getting something worthwhile and maybe 50% chance of a weakness that cripples your pawn. It's also possible that the weakness is "kills your pawn" and its BOTH OPTIONS.
Also you want to freeze your gene injector room because otherwise insects will spawn there and destroy everything.

Also you want to check everyone you find in a vault for powers and weaknesses. I've had vault dwellers spawn with hawkeye and blindness, or critical hitting and paraplegic.
Also yes there are some very overpowered powers, but it's a gamble to get them.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

I did plan on opening the caskets, but with how long it takes to hack everything else I decided nuts to that and went on my way. Cause you can't just open those like normal caskets, they need to be hacked.

Last I checked you can just smack the ancient cryosleep caskets and they'll immediately open, no need to hack em.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Not sure if the promotion system for rimatomics was simply a straight up nerf. I remember for each kill a rimatomics turret got it would reduce it's weapon cooldown by a small amount and it had no limit other than power availability. I wonder if there's other benefits to the promotion other than a 10% bonus to weapon cd.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Congratulations! you survived! Add me to the list of names for next game please!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
There are "other" genetic benefits you haven't shown here, there's the hacking one that instantly does hacking and gives +300% research speed,
there's the "fungal cells" that give regeneration of all scars and missing body parts and brings the person back to death even if their head is missing after a few days,
there's one that makes a person no longer needs food,
Super Sight that doubles weapon range,
Perfect memory that removes skill drain (I mod out skill drain anyways),
there's another that gives a person bullet proof skin (piercing damage is changed to blunt damage and reduced, and I think you've already shown this in the past),
There's one that gives entertainment when the person is alone in a room,
Then there's test subject. 100% chance of success on all genetic operations.

Downsides: so many downsides that require more genetic engineering to fix:
Paralysis (can't use legs, funny when ancients spawn with this),
Blindness (can't see, also funny),
Psychic sensitivity (+100%, sometimes good),
Boredom (doubles rate of entertainment drain),
Stupidity (learning rate of 0%, I know it's not called that but it's what I call it)
Berserker (any insult results in a fight),

There's probably 10 more good genes and 10 more bad debuffs that hasn't been gone over yet.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I think you need some darklamps so we the LP readers can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Pirates I guess, but why aren't you using a paste dispenser?