Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Welcome to the 13th season of the wildly popular Goon Money League!

Changes from last year and/or other important poo poo is in bold!

Last year's Champ: fennesz

Previous Champs: 2021 dalstrs 2020 tarbrush 2019 jabro 2018 Silly Burrito 2017 coronaball 2016 Silly Burrito 2015 Gyshall 2014 Gyshall 2013 Silly Burrito 2012 ffoecaf 2011 SKEET SKEET

The buy-in will be $30 this year. The price of everything else has gone up, why not fantasy football too? Google Wallet or PayPal is eric.ruth@gmail.com. Venmo is @Eric-Ruth-1

Payout: 60% 1st, 20% 2nd, 10% 3rd, 10% most regular season points

Settings: Standard Yahoo with 0.5 PPR and a small boost for return yards. By popular demand, the flex will has changed from a W/R to a W/R/T. Furthermore, the IR slots have been reduced from 3 to 1

I have renewed all the teams from last year. I'll start a waitlist: First come, first served. Let me know if you did not receive the email. Also let me know if you are not interested, so I can replace you!

I have set the auction draft to Thursday, August 24th at 6:00 PM PDT.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

deadline for returning players to claim their spot: August 16th

payment deadline: August 21st

Please post your team name when you post in this thread to say that are (re)joining, and please put your SA name and/or team name somewhere in the notes when you pay

coronaball fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

List of Teams and Waitlist

SA Name Team Name Paid?

coronaball Rum Ham 13.0 YES
jabro jabro YES
ninja bob ? no
Worthleast Taunting Penalty YES
tarbrush Full Chubb YES
Silly Burrito ? YES
heyniceperro Swine Flu YES
Dango Bango Dango Bango YES
dalstrs ? YES
Thom and the Heads ? YES
freeman Mr. Liiiimited YES
Apolis ? YES

Waitlist:

1. Thom and the Heads
2. Apolis

coronaball fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 22, 2023

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Thom and the Heads posted:

Can I wait list pls?

Definitely! We usually use 1-2 folks per year, so your chances are good.

Team list, payments, waitlist have been updated.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Sent PMs to generic one, fennesz, and freeman reminding them to check in. We'll give them a week to respond and then move on to the waitlist. Team list and payments are updated.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

generic one is out, so Thom and the Heads is in! PM and invite sent.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Apolis posted:

I'll jump on the waitlist if that's cool.

Definitely. The as-yet unresponsive people have until Thursday to rejoin. I'll check in with you then.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Sent fennesz one last PM, but apparently he hasn't posted on SA in months so I'm not hopeful. If he doesn't respond we'll add Apolis off the waitlist. Then we'll collect the last payments and be good to go!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Apolis has joined, we are now full! Just need jabro and ninja bobs payments and then all administrative bullshit will be completed.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ninja Bob posted:

poo poo, sorry, PayPal sent.

No problem.

League is full and everybody is paid. We are good to go for Thursday!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

fennesz posted:

Fuuuuuuck I was so focused on best ball and dynasty I missed my chance to defend my title :negative:

Add me to the waitlist. And by waitlist I mean in case anyone drops, lmao. gently caress.

😞

Sorry, tried all I could to get ahold of you. In the unlikely event someone drops before Thursday, I'll let you know.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Apolis posted:

I’m happy to jump out and let you defend your title. I haven’t actually done an auction league before, so the other one that’s more newbie friendly is probably a better place to start anyway.

That's gracious of you. If that's what you two want to do, let me know and I'll work out the kinks. But let me know today.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Apolis posted:

Yeah put fennesz in if they get back to you in time, that’s all good.

No response from him. I'm not making manager changes in draft day. You're in.

Auction isn't that intimidating, but it is long. Plan on 2+ hours. The beer league draft took 2 hours 45 minutes (although most of us were at least half, if not completely, drunk)

And of course with auction, you can essentislly be done in half an hour if you want to go nuts early!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

See everybody in 83 minutes! I'll likely be signing in right at 6 due to Back to School night. It's sickening how people involved in education have no respect for fantasy draft season.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

tarbrush posted:

I'm still subscribed to that discord from last year if people want to laugh at each other's bids live?

post it, some might be interested

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

DRAFT NOW GOGOGO

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I got a D.

I don't think that automated draft grader email understands auction very well.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Hey coronaball, what's up with this:

It's mid-game -- he shouldn't be able to be added from waivers until Wednesday.

That was last Sunday.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'll lock the eliminated teams (including my own sorry rear end) and send heyniceperro his money tomorrow!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Locked all of the also-rans from performing adds/drops, and sent heyniceperro his prize for scoring the most points. 💰

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Clever Name TBD and Mr. Liiiimited have been eliminated and locked from add/drops!

Carrying over a conversation from the main FF thread while I'm thinking about it: should we institute playoff reseeding next year, where in the semi-finals the #1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed, as opposed to having a static bracket? I would lean toward yes; it would seem to decrease variance slightly. (this game has more than enough variance as-is)

edit: also, that's the last locking, since we have a 3rd place prize in this league.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Definitely makes decisions easier when all the answers are either "no" or "I don't give a poo poo" 😀

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Congrats to Swine Flu on an epic season! I'm headed out for the evening, I'll take care of everyone's payments tomorrow.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Alright, money time!

3rd: Dango Bango (Dango Bango) $36
2nd: ? (Shelbyville Sharks) $72
CHAMPION: heyniceperro (Swine Flu) $216

I have heyniceperro's details, if you other two could either post or PM your Venmo or PayPal that would be great. (especially Shelbyville Sharks, whose SA username it appears I've lost track of)

Thank you all, none of you are deadbeats or quitters which is about all you can ask for as a commish!

Self-reminder for next year: turn on kick return TDs for Defense/Special Teams

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Actually I'd prefer Venmo info from all winners, PayPal is trying to charge a fee even if I use my bank account. 😠

If you don't have Venmo, let me know and we'll figure something out.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Triple post! I figured out the PayPal poo poo and paid heyniceperro and Dango Bango. Shelbyville Sharks, please get in touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Thom and the Heads posted:

Hey I'm Shelbyville. PM'ing you now!

Payment sent! We're all square.

Feel free to post any suggestions. Otherwise I hope to see everyone next season.