Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Maine. Has puffins. Has lobster too which I do like lobster but so does other places.
New Hampshire - This train https://www.thecog.com. Also it's like upside down Vermont and apparently is libertarian leaning, do not go.
Vermont - rightside up New Hampshire, fairly chill, skiing. I no longer ski. I'd say food wise above average probably from having less chain restaurants. Although I've never been to Burlington.
Massachusetts - Cape Cod potato chips (fences) and Nantucket Nectars. Also the Boston science museum has a ball machine, well it did I haven't been in ages I doubt they got rid of it if they did this is the worst state ever. Oh yeah and the Portuguese bakery in Provincetown rules, at least it use to, it did change owners. So yeah pretty rad.
Connecticut - Many pizza. Just like all the pizza. I guess you could go to mystic and look at the old boat/aquarium.
Rhode Island - You know I don't think I've ever really been here. I'm pretty sure I've past by probably to get to Cape Cod and it manages to serve that purpose just fine I suppose. Wait no I did go to a wedding on Block Island. I had one summer as a child where I went to like 3 weddings, and my review is weddings suck.

Anyone who disagrees with anything I say can gently caress off.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
More like poo england :ocelot: :grin:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

so whats the sum total rating, OP?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

rate the midwestern corn states now

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Massachusetts: No fireworks, no 30 round mags, beach is made of rocks, terrible Mexican food.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Pretty spot on, OP. A few notes:

-underline, bold, and capitalize the “do not go” warning about New Hampshire. It’s real bad, there are NO redeeming qualities, just don’t do it.

-downtown Burlington VT is fun, you should check it out

-Rhode Island is OK, not bad not great. Some nice beaches if that’s your thing but every road in the state sucks poo poo and hasn’t seen maintenance since 1972. Providence has some hidden gems if you’re plucky enough to explore, otherwise just drive an hour to Boston.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

bossy lady posted:

rate the midwestern corn states now

An empty void. Wait no I can barely sort of remember taking a trip to Michigan to see grandparents. It was like an 11 hour trip. I would not recommend. Those lakes look like they could be rad though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Pretty spot on, OP. A few notes:

-underline, bold, and capitalize the “do not go” warning about New Hampshire. It’s real bad, there are NO redeeming qualities, just don’t do it.

-downtown Burlington VT is fun, you should check it out

-Rhode Island is OK, not bad not great. Some nice beaches if that’s your thing but every road in the state sucks poo poo and hasn’t seen maintenance since 1972. Providence has some hidden gems if you’re plucky enough to explore, otherwise just drive an hour to Boston.

The problem with checking out Burlington VT is it's 3 hoursish away from the vacation house. I will continue to casually look at land to buy in the burlington area though as VT seems rad and the Costco lives in Colchester. I won't do it because I'm really lazy.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 20, 2023

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Duck and Cover posted:

Anyone who disagrees with anything I say can gently caress off.
Honestly not a terrible post from aggressive Wizard Master

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

gently caress New Hampshire for real

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Yeah but that’s where we New Englanders go to buy the good fireworks. So it’s necessary.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Die free or die!

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

New Hampshire is like some dumb cracker sitting at a bar in Mississippi death-glaring a black person who happens to walk in, only the dumb cracker is the entire state and the black person is anyone who isn’t ninth-generation insane puritan christofascist (and also black people)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWeHc3vAL74

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Cuntetiq*ette

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jelly posted:

Honestly not a terrible post from aggressive Wizard Master

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i shan't be visiting any ofthese however

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I've been to Vermont. Beautiful nature.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Happy Jawbone Family Band is from Vermont

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SamkV33Nk

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nice review, Duck and Cover.

What exactly, pray tell, is the "ball machine" you saw in the Boston science museum?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

Nice review, Duck and Cover.

What exactly, pray tell, is the "ball machine" you saw in the Boston science museum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TIMM6TER14

They also have/had this thing which has balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUg_rCQKbIs&t=38s

So yeah if you're in to balls check it out!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

thread is losing stream. op, perhaps you can add your views on the mid atlantic states as well?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Szyznyk posted:

Massachusetts: No fireworks, no 30 round mags, beach is made of rocks, terrible Mexican food.

Happy Hour is literally banned in Mass!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Im at Cape Cod right now AMA.

WRT New Hampshire, it's good if you need to buy some stuff and not pay sales tax. That's what it exists for, so everyone from northern MA can buy clothes and poo poo without paying taxes.

NH used to have the coolest weatherman ever but he retired a few years ago.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

thread is losing stream. op, perhaps you can add your views on the mid atlantic states as well?

Oh no I guess that New Hampshire train can't go up the mountain anymore!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

WRT New Hampshire, it's good if you need to buy some stuff and not pay sales tax. That's what it exists for, so everyone from northern MA can buy clothes and poo poo without paying taxes.

Back when Mass blue laws were far more strict (like no alcohol sales on Sunday), this was how most border NH towns defined their existence.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

redshirt posted:

Back when Mass blue laws were far more strict (like no alcohol sales on Sunday), this was how most border NH towns defined their existence.

Yup. There's a package store I'm quite familiar with. Literally inches over the state line. The name of the store is (was?) State Line Liquors.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

What's the best Cape Cod jingle?

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 20, 2023

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

What's the best Cape Cod Jingle?

hosed if I know. I'm here to eat fried seafood and boiled lobster not sing songs.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

New Hampshire is like some dumb cracker sitting at a bar in Mississippi death-glaring a black person who happens to walk in, only the dumb cracker is the entire state and the black person is anyone who isn’t ninth-generation insane puritan christofascist (and also black people)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obZ7_c4BrDc

But lol at Puritan descendents being religious, all of the ones that stayed in New England turned into atheists lol. The reason we're the least religious region of the US by far.

Grape fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 20, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yup. There's a package store I'm quite familiar with. Literally inches over the state line. The name of the store is (was?) State Line Liquors.

A frequent quote from older times: "Tell Sully to pick up 3 24 packs of Narraganset at the Portsmouth Packie"

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Duck and Cover posted:

What's the best Cape Cod Jingle?

What the gently caress is a Cape Cod jingle? Been going there for summer's most of my life and I don't have a clue.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

redshirt posted:

A frequent quote from older times: "Tell Sully to pick up 3 24 packs of Narraganset at the Portsmouth Packie"

My grandpa was a real son of a bitch but I do have fond memories of going to the corner package store with him. He'd return some cans (this is a big deal in MA), get smokes, play his numbers, and get me some candy.

Since I'm in the area for a bit, I drove up from the Cape to my favorite deli. it's been family owned for almost 60 years and still just as loving good..

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grape posted:

What the gently caress is a Cape Cod jingle? Been going there for summer's most of my life and I don't have a clue.

These are the ones I remember but there's more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rg9zKxBQqg Closed not really by the sea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iAm6mTbbKk Closed for a very long time. I don't recall it being terrible but definitely not the best.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 20, 2023

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

The Lobster Claw was dope, really sad they closed it.

But I guess you have to be from real close by to hear these, or watch a lot of local TV when you're there.
I'm from the part of New England what gets local channels from NYC lol.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grape posted:

But I guess you have to be from real close by to hear these, or watch a lot of local TV when you're there.

If you're from Southern CT, where do you draw the line in your state between Red Sox and Yankee fans?

I'm guessing Middletown.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

EorayMel posted:

More like poo england :ocelot: :grin:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grape posted:

Let me tell you about this thing called radio.

redshirt posted:

If you're from Southern CT, where do you draw the line in your state between Red Sox and Yankee fans?

I'm guessing Middletown.

Connecticut? Whalers obviously. My review of Hartford? Why the gently caress am I here? Oh I have to go to the hospital complex area, okay.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 20, 2023

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

redshirt posted:

I'm guessing Middletown.

For me on the coast, New England proper (Red Sox land) begins going east from around the end of New Haven. Like maybe around Guilford, definitely by the time you hit the mouth of the CT river.

Inland wise I don't know, I'm not as familiar with those areas in terms of stuff. I just know lobster and clams starts outnumbering pizza and Jewish delis around Guilford.

Duck and Cover posted:

Let me tell you about this thing called radio.

lol if you don't immediately change the radio station when people start trying to sell you something

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

redshirt posted:

I'm guessing Middletown.

If route 9 continued through middletown and up into the torrington corner, that would do it nicely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

redshirt posted:

I'm guessing Middletown.

The Whalers should have never moved. Every once in a while the Hurricanes will put on throwback Whaler sweaters and it's dope as gently caress.