Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grape posted:

For me on the coast, New England proper (Red Sox land) begins going east from around the end of New Haven. Like maybe around Guilford, definitely by the time you hit the mouth of the CT river.

Inland wise I don't know, I'm not as familiar with those areas in terms of stuff. I just know lobster and clams starts outnumbering pizza and Jewish delis around Guilford.

lol if you don't immediately change the radio station when people start trying to sell you something

The radio controls are in the front, I was not in the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
You want New England radio magic? I'll give you New England radio magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3XfftK6bA

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Suck and Cover

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

I was driving around 'Staven the other week and saw a guy with literally the Pauly D Jersey Shore blowout hair. In the year of our lord 2023.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

When Maine begins its conquest to make all right that is wrong with this world, CT will be the first unwilling party.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

redshirt posted:

When Maine begins its conquest to make all right that is wrong with this world, CT will be the first unwilling party.

I'm no expert in geography but I think that's unlikely.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm no expert in geography but I think that's unlikely.

It's more NY than NE, and thus will have to be purged.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

redshirt posted:

There are other states in the way but besides that Maine doesn't have the numbers. Also that's like Southern CT and who the gently caress goes there except to maybe go to the Ikea?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

There are other states in the way but besides that Maine doesn't have the numbers. Also that's like Southern CT and who the gently caress goes there except to maybe go to the Ikea?

Mass, NH, VT will all fold. RI is an afterthought. CT and NY are the first real conquests.

Also, Maine is filled with Berzerkers.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

redshirt posted:

Mass, NH, VT will all fold. RI is an afterthought. CT and NY are the first real conquests.

Also, Maine is filled with Berzerkers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYws8biwOYc

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

rotinaj posted:

If route 9 continued through middletown and up into the torrington corner, that would do it nicely

:hmmyes:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

New Hampshire is like some dumb cracker sitting at a bar in Mississippi death-glaring a black person who happens to walk in, only the dumb cracker is the entire state and the black person is anyone who isn’t ninth-generation insane puritan christofascist (and also black people)

Extremely apt description of NH and 100% correct

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Extremely apt description of NH and 100% correct

"I'm a Libertarian who commutes daily to Chelmsford"

- Your average NH person

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My first serious girlfriend’s mother lived in New Hampshire with her boyfriend in a trailer park. She didn’t work and he gambled for a living. One weekend they went to Atlantic City so he could “work” and the gf and I were gonna stay at their place and as they left the boyfriend told me if anyone came by looking for him to not open the door.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I like to go to Berlin and smell the paper mills.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Szyznyk posted:

I like to go to Berlin and smell the paper mills.

Are they still there and stinking? Many of the famous stinky Maine mills are years closed now.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

redshirt posted:

Are they still there and stinking? Many of the famous stinky Maine mills are years closed now.

It’s been 30 years. I have no idea. But I do know Laconia is still full of white trash.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Remember when there was a mountain cliff shaped like an old man’s face and it stood for 12,000 years right up until someone decided to make it the official symbol of New Hampshire and then it promptly collapsed lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Szyznyk posted:

It’s been 30 years. I have no idea. But I do know Laconia is still full of white trash.

So I doubt it, sadly much/most/all of the paper companies have left the region.

But no doubt, still a ton of white trash.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Maine is also hosed because either Stephen King has somehow written it into existence, or it’s actually as bizarre as he makes it out to be in his writing, and I don’t know which is the worse option.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Typical Maine person is named Roscoe Prostrate and manages a backwoods no-name gas station and wears suspenders and has a brush cut and says hyuck every six words and instead of giving you your change back with benign indifference says some cheery poo poo like “Well hell, does a bear poo poo in the buckwheat? Here’s yer quarter dollar, honey” and a skunk wanders in and he starts asking it about it’s travels

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If someone is managing a gas station, they're rich as gently caress! How about the 100 to 1 people not managing a gas station.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've only been to Maine a couple times in my life and I didn't enjoy it at all.

redshirt posted:

If someone is managing a gas station, they're rich as gently caress! How about the 100 to 1 people not managing a gas station.

I have an uncle who managed a gas station in Chelmsford for decades. I'm not sure what happened but a few years ago he basically gave up on life. He just stopped caring about poo poo anymore. Lost his job, his house, and I have no loving clue where he is now.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 20, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Sorry friend. If you went to Bangor it makes sense.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

redshirt posted:

They’re getting murdered by vampires or some poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

They’re getting murdered by vampires or some poo poo

Don't even register for years.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

I have an uncle who managed a gas station in Chelmsford for decades. I'm not sure what happened but a few years ago he basically gave up on life. He just stopped caring about poo poo anymore. Lost his job, his house, and I have no loving clue where he is now.

He got busted selling phony inspection stickers and is up at Concord.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Szyznyk posted:

Massachusetts: No fireworks, no 30 round mags, beach is made of rocks, terrible Mexican food.

TERRIBLE Mexican food. Literally do not eat at any Mexican restaurant in the state, which could be stretched to include Taco Bell or Chipotle at your discretion

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Szyznyk posted:

He got busted selling phony inspection stickers and is up at Concord.

From what I do know about him, I absolutely believe the first part.

Vampire Panties posted:

TERRIBLE Mexican food. Literally do not eat at any Mexican restaurant in the state, which could be stretched to include Taco Bell or Chipotle at your discretion

This is the god's honest truth. I live in BFE in the south/mid-atlantic now, and the Mexican food is virtually the same.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

redshirt posted:

We are a beautiful mixed race baby.
You jealous swamp Yankees would get loving ENDED by the Tri-state.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grape posted:

We are a beautiful mixed race baby.
You jealous swamp Yankees would get loving ENDED by the Tri-state.

What ridiculous other states would you have at your side? New Jersey???

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

redshirt posted:

What ridiculous other states would you have at your side? New Jersey???

They may not be pretty, they may not be cultured, and they definitely don't smell great.
But they can take a bat out of their trunk and go to town with the best of them.
We will lock you in a dark room with pinies, and then we'll see if Stephen King knows what real horror is.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

You know Connecticut has many rich people and while I don't think they care about the many poor people that would be harmed by war it might be too close for comfort. Maine wouldn't stand a chance. Sorry losers go back to your cold loser state for losers.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

You know Connecticut has many rich people and while I don't think they care about the many poor people that would be harmed by war it might be too close for comfort. Maine wouldn't stand a chance. Sorry losers go back to your cold loser state for losers.

1 MAINE BEZERKER is worth 100 Connecticuns or whatever you call yourself.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

redshirt posted:

Our only weakness is the actual name we are called... it's the loving worst. We're basically Rumplestilskin in this regard.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grape posted:

Our only weakness is the actual name we are called... it's the loving worst. We're basically Rumplestilskin in this regard.

LOL "Only weakness"

You're from CT.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

redshirt posted:

Bullets do not care and can defeat even the strongest of lobster armor.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Bullets do not care and can defeat even the strongest of lobster armor.

WOULOD OU LIKE @ MAKE BEZERKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Typical Maine person is named Roscoe Prostrate and manages a backwoods no-name gas station and wears suspenders and has a brush cut and says hyuck every six words and instead of giving you your change back with benign indifference says some cheery poo poo like “Well hell, does a bear poo poo in the buckwheat? Here’s yer quarter dollar, honey” and a skunk wanders in and he starts asking it about it’s travels

My grandfather (actually step-grandfather but my blood grandfather hosed off to Florida long before I was born) was from Maine and a cool dude but yeah “ayuh” every 6 words and “JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH” when he was particularly piqued.

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

My grandfather (actually step-grandfather but my blood grandfather hosed off to Florida long before I was born) was from Maine and a cool dude but yeah “hyuh” every 6 words and “JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH” when he was particularly piqued.

It's "Ayuh"

It can be pronounced many ways.