Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I was an N64 kid so I only ever got to play a handful of PSX games at friends’ houses, and half of them were dogshit like the Game Of Life game or Simpsons Wrestling. This month I got a Retroid Pocket 3+ and I’ve been loading it up with PlayStation games to make up for lost time. I’ve been obsessively playing the Spyro games and Ridge Racer Type 4 and they’re so good, better than most of the games from my childhood I loved. It makes me wonder what games my fellow Imps think should be a priority to try. What was or is your favorite PSX game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

MGS1 and FF7.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And Driver 2.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Check out Alundra, OP.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Wild Arms. Tail of the Sun.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Brave Fencer Musashi

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Bust a Groove.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

beatmania BEST HITS. ore no ryouri. intelligent qube. ridge racer. ridge racer revolution. rage racer. r4: ridge racer type 4. densha de go 2

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Spyro the Dragon 1-3.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Ape Escape. WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Silent Hill 1, Tenchu, and Soul Reaver

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Clock Tower is a point and click adventure game where you are stalked by a tiny dude with giant scissors and is both creepy at times and unintentionally funny as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MloPHdoi5c&t=192s

No combat. You just run and hide and you can't use the same spots too often or you'll be discovered

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 20, 2023

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Check out Alundra, OP.

this. also Castlevania Chronicles and Klonoa

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Good soup! posted:

Clock Tower is a point and click adventure game where you are stalked by a tiny dude with giant scissors and is both creepy at times and unintentionally funny as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MloPHdoi5c&t=192s

No combat. You just run and hide and you can't use the same spots too often or you'll be discovered

gently caress yeah, this is the only scene I can remember and I could never find it because it's ten seconds long and I played the game 20 years ago lol.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
tomba

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

welcome posted:

gently caress yeah, this is the only scene I can remember and I could never find it because it's ten seconds long and I played the game 20 years ago lol.

It's awesome how it alternates between getting me with jump scares and making me laugh my rear end off at the deaths and the ways you can gently caress with the scissorman lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I loved this rpg called legend of legaia. For the combat you would enter combos like a fighting game and as you leveled up the amount you could enter at once would increase. Sometimes they would just be sequences of punches and kicks but certain ones would do special moves. You could also use enemies as elemental summons.

wild arms and parasite eve are two games I don’t think have better modern remakes. mega man legends also.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPViekdacQ

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I liked the demo discs the most.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rad-daddio posted:

I liked the demo discs the most.

this. using demo discs to unlock full spyro ftw.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Vagrant Story is cool.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

breath of fire 3 is also great if you can get past the high encounter rate.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tekken 3 was amazing. There was so much poo poo to unlock and it was Eddy Gordo's first appearance

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I love the gameplay loop of Spyro 1. I love how jank all the enemies are, how half of them don’t really even try to hurt you. Even the bosses. The flying levels are poo poo on my shoe, I hate them. I can’t wait to meet Hunter and skateboard and fly around as a penguin general.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A couple of the games I put on the console that I’m very excited to play:

-Mega Man Legends (loved 64 when I was a young kid. Didn’t do almost anything outside of kicking the can around the mall)
-Mega Man Legends 2
-The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
-Namco Musem 1-6
-SOTN
-Final Fantasy 9
-Tomba
-Klonoa
-Tomba The Evil Swine Returns

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Incredible Crisis

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Resident Evil 1-3

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Final Fantasy Tactics is probably my favorite PS1 game. It's a perfect blend of epic storytelling and addicting tactics RPG systems. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (which others have mentioned) is also a strong contender.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I think you should play Monster Rancher 2.

That's it. Just play that one forever.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Play Einhander you stupid gently caress. And play it before you play all this other trash

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

SotN
Jet moto 3
Chrono cross
Futurecop: LAPD
Legend of mana
Street fighter alpha 3
Final fantasy 9
Megaman legends 1&2
Tony hawk 1&2
Parasite eve 1&2
Megaman X4
Armored core/master of arena
Xenogears

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

intelligent qube

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I was also an n64 kid but I posted about all the ps1 games I used to want to play once and FAU responded

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cubone posted:

jade cocoon, suikoden, wild arms, grandia, tales of phantasia, tales of eternia, lunar silver star story complete, thousand arms, alundra, and xenogears. chrono cross
No, yes, yes, maybe, no, no, yes but with caveats, yes but only ironically, I don't know, yes, no.
not sure if this will be helpful. peace

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i always associate this with resident evil specifically.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I can’t find a way for Duckstation to let me see this when I open a rom and it makes me so sad.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Suddenly remembered how my mom was scared our computer was broken when I changed the windows startup sound to that

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I also think Crash Bandicoot 2 and Crash Team Racing are great games but couldn't tell you about CB1 or 3 because I didn't own them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

my morning jackass posted:

wild arms and parasite eve are two games I don’t think have better modern remakes. mega man legends also.

Wild Arms has a PS2 remake but I have no idea if it’s any good, the original one rules though. PE and MML are both godly as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX