Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

times crisis, point blank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Einhander
Thunder Force V
R-Type Delta
Zanac x Zanac
Terra Diver

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

oh I missed this

That Little Demon posted:

Play Einhander you stupid gently caress. And play it before you play all this other trash

Square's secret best game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

apocalypse: starring bruce willis

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
One, Loaded, Re-Loaded, VIP

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

Zanac x Zanac

oh cool i didn't know about this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

spider: the video game

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I can’t find a way for Duckstation to let me see this when I open a rom and it makes me so sad.

unless you have 'fast boot' enabled in the BIOS options, it should display the boot animation

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fear effect and fear effect 2 are great games that got missed due to their late releases

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Legend of Mana

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Parappa the Rapper

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I’ve never played it but Elemental Gearbolt looks really cool

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Legend of Mana

came here to say this and also jade cocoon where the only two i hadn't seen people suggest yet

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Soviet Strike and Nuclear Strike

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

herculon posted:

Oh poo poo, this reminds me of In the Hunt

It's like metal slug but you're in a submarine, really sick and underrated game

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

tawal posted:

unless you have 'fast boot' enabled in the BIOS options, it should display the boot animation

Ive tried that before but when I do it brings me to the memory card/play CD screen with no way to start the game.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

herculon posted:

the strike games rule.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
devil dice
incredible crisis
jersey devil
madden 2000 (a new millennium of football)

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I have listened to the ridge racer soundtracks but never played the games. love the d+b stuff if the ps1 era.

also ace combat 3 jp version should be added to the list. missed the game club time for it but it holds up so well still.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

my morning jackass posted:

I have listened to the ridge racer soundtracks but never played the games. love the d+b stuff if the ps1 era.

also ace combat 3 jp version should be added to the list. missed the game club time for it but it holds up so well still.

Ridge Racer Type 4 is godly

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

namco was firing on all cylinders during the psx days. the ridge racer games all truly own.

also i forgot to mention nba jam tournament edition. that's a great playstation game too.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

dont know if i rec this but thread made me remember Tiny Tank

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Early PS1 to around dreamcast and gamecube jungle and dnb are probably the best gaming soundtracks of all time 2 me

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

Early PS1 to around dreamcast and gamecube jungle and dnb are probably the best gaming soundtracks of all time 2 me

100%. wipeout, sf third strike, etc. God tier soundtracks

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wild Arms has a PS2 remake but I have no idea if it’s any good, the original one rules though. PE and MML are both godly as well

It's good. Adds a ton of content, new playable characters (that were already part of the story so it's not weird), and is generally pretty badass and much much longer if you want to 100%. Also, it's different enough that I'd say there is no general consensus upon which one is better. Would still play the first one, first. If you really like it then play the remake later.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kazvall posted:

It's good. Adds a ton of content, new playable characters (that were already part of the story so it's not weird), and is generally pretty badass and much much longer if you want to 100%. Also, it's different enough that I'd say there is no general consensus upon which one is better. Would still play the first one, first. If you really like it then play the remake later.

Sweet, I'll have to check it out at some point since I love the original game. Severely underrated soundtrack

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I can hearing the whistling, now. The subtle strumming of Spanish guitars.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LulsfLk8J7Q

Listen how hard this world map music goes lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

That Little Demon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LulsfLk8J7Q

Listen how hard this world map music goes lol

PE ftw.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

parasite eve FTW

thread is getting me juiced on PS1 games and RPGs lol thanks niennumb. gonna do the same thing w/my retroid

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I beat Parasite Eve again last year including the Chrysler Building and its one of the best games ever made

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This isn't the best rpg on the ps1 but 13 year old me is telling you all, that you should check out Guardian's Crusade. I remember reading about this game in some magazine before it was released. My dad took me to Toys R Us to get it the day it came out and I loving loved that game. I keep meaning to go back and play it to see if my nostalgia will be kind or not. I refuse to watch any let's plays on RPGs that I'd like to go back and beat so there is only one way to find out.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ridge Racer 4 music is the best thing I’ve ever listened to

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

drat psx fuckin rules lmfao. i'd say all th poo poo everyone else said and legend of dragoon (maybe hasnt aged well, havent played it in 20 years), SaGa frontier/frontier 2. i also liked this mystery dungeon style roguelike called azure dreams, breath of fire 3/4. and the best version of ogre battle is on psx

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Kazvall posted:

I can hearing the whistling, now. The subtle strumming of Spanish guitars.

Godlike OP. Pops into my head at least once a month for the last 20 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PdszXldT_g

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Playstation 1 is almost 30 years old. Jesus Christ.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

apocalypse: starring bruce willis

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
also crash bandicoot 2 at the very least is worth your time imo. I like all 3 but crash 1 is weirdly hard and 3 has way too many gimmick stages instead of platforming

but yeah spyro is better

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

legend of dragoon (maybe hasnt aged well, havent played it in 20 years)

played through this with my friend also probably 20 yrs ago and it was cool but probably doesn't hold up, i remember it being kind of generic back then too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
bushido blade