Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

hell yeah. this with friends back in the day was one of the best times ever. if you have someone to do 1v1s with a great time is guaranteed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Only thing I can think of but haven’t seen yet is vandal hearts.

Seconding Brave Fencer Musashi, Megaman Legends, and Jade Cocoon

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Vagrant Story and also the two Dino Crisises

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
thought of some more: crash bash, rallycross 2, 007 tomorrow never dies, cool boarders 3, rugrats search for reptar, cybertiger, pro pinball big race USA, bass landing (with the agetec fishing rod controller obviously)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have struggled for the past 24 hours to come up with some hidden gem, some absolute banger that everyone will pat me on the back for mentioning. But, the ps1 library is so good, such a known quantity of awesome that I'm drawing a blank.

Oh yeah, go play Blood Omen. Then, if you really like it, buy it on GOG for PC because gently caress my life the load times from the disc not good.

THEN if you have a good friend, play some Diablo. Make sure you have two fresh mem cards because each character save takes up the entirety of one.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I almost forgot one of my favorite games!!!!!

Akuji the Heartless

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

The first tenchu game. I can't remember if the others are good but probably not.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VALKYRIE PROFILE

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also all the crash and wipeout games

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The Dukes of Hazzard: Racing For Home

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I luv this pong game they made for ps1 called Pong: The Next Level lol i only had a few ps1 games but i loved this one it was so comfy and cute and simple

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

one piece mansion

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

PS1 Doom is good as hell

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

PS1 Doom is good as hell

Yeah it’s the best console port

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

i have played and replayed star ocean: the second story more than almost any other game (certainly more than any other jrpg). great real-time combat, intricate crafting system, an entire character relationship system, a giant bonus dungeon and 3 insanely hard postgame bosses. if you want even more replayability, there's 2 additional difficulty levels you can unlock, the final of which not only pads enemy stats significantly but gives them greatly improved AI.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Social Media posted:

i have played and replayed star ocean: the second story more than almost any other game (certainly more than any other jrpg). great real-time combat, intricate crafting system, an entire character relationship system, a giant bonus dungeon and 3 insanely hard postgame bosses. if you want even more replayability, there's 2 additional difficulty levels you can unlock, the final of which not only pads enemy stats significantly but gives them greatly improved AI.

also it has some of the craziest secrets I've ever seen in an RPG

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Social Media posted:

There’s a remake coming out soon too

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There’s a remake coming out soon too

i thought i was finally free after finishing a universe mode playthrough a couple of years ago but enix and tri-ace are gonna pull me back in

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

NienNunb posted:

PS1 Doom is good as hell

I am such a sucker for colored lighting, and then the soundtrack.. girl, I'm smitten with peessexx doom

Scythe
Jan 26, 2004
bushido blade. legendary couch 1v1, we’d play for hours, the one hit kills and kung fu movie blood spray are the poo poo

wipeout series, 3 is the one which sticks with me though. soundtrack kills

parappa, because not only is it a totally decent rhythm game but also i got it for my friend for his birthday even though I knew he hated the demo bc I liked it and wanted to play more of it and he didn’t talk to me for like a month lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Stux posted:

VALKYRIE PROFILE

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Driver
Loaded

----------------

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

Driver
Loaded

bumper sticker lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

bumper sticker lol

Lol

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Soul Blade! Rival Schools, Street Fighter EX. It’s just a shame the 2D fighters were kinda poo poo compared to the saturn versions although I remember playing Marvel Superheros quite a bit with friends.

I can’t think of a Namco PS1 game that wasn’t a banger. Maybe Air Combat which I remember enjoying but not as much as 2. Never got to play 3 but I think the JP version is supposed to be the better one?

Gran Turismo 1 & 2, Colin McRae Rally, TOCA Touring Cars 1&2, Crash Team Racing, all the wipeout games, all the ridge racers so many sick racing games.

Most of the PS1 games I had were pirate so ended up with a lot of US & Japanese stuff that never came out in Europe.

I remember a friend dropping off a copy of MGS1 at like 1am on a Saturday like the day it came out in the US and pretty much everyone else at school having to wait like 6 months for the Euro version.

So many good Square games too, Xenogears, FF7-9, Parasite Eve, Einhander, Vagrant Story.

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005
i think i saw a few people mention xenogears...i'm about 10 hours into it right now and tbh it's pretty disappointing. there's a *lot* of mediocre story stuff, a lot of very, very tedious back and forth in order to unlock progression at certain points (the poo poo you have to do at the Bledavik market is unforgivably bad & boring game design) and weirdly for an RPG, very little combat and exploration. and what combat you do have is generally way too easy. there are some cool and unique things about it but the experience as a whole is very rough around the edges and by the developer's own admission in later years it's an unfinished game.

also just finished SotN and that on the other hand really is a masterpiece and deserves all the praise it gets.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

i think i saw a few people mention xenogears...i'm about 10 hours into it right now and tbh it's pretty disappointing. there's a *lot* of mediocre story stuff, a lot of very, very tedious back and forth in order to unlock progression at certain points (the poo poo you have to do at the Bledavik market is unforgivably bad & boring game design) and weirdly for an RPG, very little combat and exploration. and what combat you do have is generally way too easy. there are some cool and unique things about it but the experience as a whole is very rough around the edges and by the developer's own admission in later years it's an unfinished game.

also just finished SotN and that on the other hand really is a masterpiece and deserves all the praise it gets.

you arent allowed to post here with that av

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

gently caress off

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Durrr one of the most complex and incredible sci fi stories of all time is boring. Absolute dogshit retard opinion

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
did anyone say sled storm. it has rob zombie

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Tell us your favourite PS1 games :)

Here's a PS1 game I hate :reject:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the spiderman game ruled and the final boss gave me nightmares lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-GdzJMX9Ns&t=26s

----------------

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dongicus posted:

the spiderman game ruled and the final boss gave me nightmares lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-GdzJMX9Ns&t=26s

Lol same. Horrifying.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Feeling my anxiety spike every time spiderman web-swings into sticking on the wall

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

No One Can Stop Mr. Domino was a ton of fun

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Arrhythmia posted:

Feeling my anxiety spike every time spiderman web-swings into sticking on the wall

lol yeah. spidey shouting out the controls was good too because i actually did forget the drat controls cs from panicking lol

----------------

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
medievil

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

My mom had me cover my eyes for this post

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

that final escape on spiderman took me so long to finish. the PS1 was a great system for random nightmares. bowling inferno on Incredible Crisis used to scare the poo poo out of me for no reason as a kid. just hearing the whistling of the volcano head guy as the ball got close freaked me out even though the other sfx are goofy as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo5mPTrv0QI

drat now i want to replay this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Nightmare Creatures